Land Slip And Flooding.

KarenBravo

Local news are saying:-

"Chaofa Road West became impassable to most vehicles after a slide near Phuket's large HomePro shopping centre".

I don't know of any hillside land anywhere near HomePro. How can any land-slide cause flooding on Chao Fah West road?

Anybody have an explanation, or, has the media got it wrong?

The road was flooded last night for a short period.

It was just blocked drains

That makes more sense. Wonder where the land-slide actually was.

we were also puzzled by this story, but the pics in Phuket Wan were easy to recognise, so the old drain problem along in front of Home Pro Village,there since they built it, must have been responsible

. But LAND SLIP !, there;s no hill for half a mile.

We drove through after lunch and there was no water anywhere.

But then there was a Bangkok Post story the day before about Koh Samui being brought to a standstill; also absolute rubbish, according to direct reports from a resident there.

A few roads with bad water patches but he had not lost electricity as the report implied!

So who do we believe?

So who do we believe?

I don't believe what I read and see in the media. One picture of someone standing in waist high water does not mean a whole town is flooded. But it does sell a few newspapers extra, so they'll show that picture and not tell that this only applies to a small part of the area. The same goes for TV BTW.

I'll only trust first hand reports of people I believe, so some people on Thai Visa e.g.

re Phuket slips etc - has anyone been up Big Buddha hill in the last week?

We used to live at the base and I often wondered how some of the excavations for houses/villas and higher up - restaurants - would fare in very heavy rain.

I didn't think too much care was taken about arranging adequate drainage.

thanks.

I'll only trust first hand reports of people I believe, so some people on Thai Visa e.g.

you are so right. We live in Sa Kaeo, read a report that we were among the flooded provinces.

I understand there was surface water on the border at Aranyaprathet 95km away that closed the markets there for 2 days.

For us - we have had nil rainfall for 11 days, never had any extreme weather at all this 'season', forecast is for continuing dry at least next 7 days according to Thai Met.

The farm next to this one is running sprinklers on their corn crop.

This pic taken 8am this morning, rice harvesting well underway, dry and dusty enough to give me hayfever.