Hard Rock Café Patong Beach

napalm

With a birthday coming up soon, I'm thinking of taking some friends to Hard Rock Café in Patong for the first time. What's good to eat / drink there ? I've already been told that the parking situation is terrible, so please leave that part out - this time... Thanks !

Well, parking is not bad, just go to Otop opposite Hard Rock, go to first right turn and then park, 3 min walk,

Burgers is good me think, and they have a lot of cocktails as well, really easy to get drunk in a few hours :)

cocktails/ drinks at 300-600 baht each, all prices ++

havent been there since april, but good show and nice place. no hard rock though :D

Yeah as long as 400 baht single jack cokes and 700 baht burger and fries doesnt bother you.. Its ok in a hard rock standard kind of way.. Balis has much more of a WOW factor but its good enough for what it is.

OK burger too..

700 Baht burgers.....you must be kidding :shock1: ok, I'll go for a perfect Tenderloine steak in Rawai instead ...... Thanks !

Yeah as long as 400 baht single jack cokes and 700 baht burger and fries doesnt bother you.. Its ok in a hard rock standard kind of way.. Balis has much more of a WOW factor but its good enough for what it is.

OK burger too..

700 Baht burgers.....you must be kidding :shock1: ok, I'll go for a perfect Tenderloine steak in Rawai instead ...... Thanks !

Go to Sizzler(Central)a great burger lovely salad bar and at a much better price.

Extremley expensive for Phuket but if ur ok with that. One time i went i parked right in front. good service also. I ordered the cheeseburger med rare and it came back well done and she didn't make me pay for it. Still $16 for a cheeseburger is crazy price.

I would think better places to hold a party and much less

Go to Sizzler(Central)a great burger lovely salad bar and at a much better price.

It's Op's birthday, not his kids :).

Oh since when has sizzler been for children? every time I have been there it is full of adults maybe you are thinking of the wrong place!!!

OK burger too..

I agree Napalm, at the current US$ rate thats 23 bucks for a burger ! At that rate you may as well hit Baan Rim Pa or the Boathouse, at least in those places you are on the water and not in the armpit of the island.

OK burger too..

I agree Napalm, at the current US$ rate thats 23 bucks for a burger ! At that rate you may as well hit Baan Rim Pa or the Boathouse, at least in those places you are on the water and not in the armpit of the island.

but no "Village People" show :lol: :lol:

Where to start.

The food is crappy and the place has one of the worst layouts i have ever seen.

Too many pylons in the place and only a few tables can view the stage with the projector screen on it.

Next is the parking, those vultures out the front with their black taxi's even get upset if you park just to pick up people after going to fetch the car from a kilometre away.

I won't return.

Where to start.

Too many pylons in the place and only a few tables can view the stage with the projector screen on it.

Next is the parking, those vultures out the front with their black taxi's even get upset if you park just to pick up people after going to fetch the car from a kilometre away.

I won't return.

Totally agree with this...i dont mind paying a fair price for a fair deal , but this joint [like many global brands] are way out of order pricewise especially....and you dont get the value you pay for..

Where to start.

I won't return.

Totally agree with this...i dont mind paying a fair price for a fair deal , but this joint [like many global brands] are way out of order pricewise especially....and you dont get the value you pay for..

I dont think its that bad, remember its Hard Rock, nothing come cheap everybody know that, how much do you think it cost to build that place and how much do you think the rent is, its not like the little place with plastic chairs on the corner, well i can see a few guys dont know the price so maybe the first Hard Rock you have been too, as for parking, why did you park that far away? i have been there quiet a few times and never had a problem with parking.

They also have some good shows and music

seems like this thread has all the phuket forum bases covered.

1.Whatever it is, Its too expensive.

2. Sizzler is always the best alternative, and hey its got a salad bar.

3. The taxi tuk tuk mafia is involved.

4. Can't find free parking, see base #2.

Edited by BillR

I dont think its that bad, remember its Hard Rock, nothing come cheap everybody know that, how much do you think it cost to build that place and how much do you think the rent is, its not like the little place with plastic chairs on the corner, well i can see a few guys dont know the price so maybe the first Hard Rock you have been too, as for parking, why did you park that far away? i have been there quiet a few times and never had a problem with parking.

They also have some good shows and music

Unless you got a seat in front of the stage, how did you see the show or band? or did they install mirrors on all the pylons so you might catch a glimpse at the right angles.

As for the parking, it was full of the taxi mafia's cars and they loiter in the car park all night waiting for the bloated punters and relieve them of whatever baht they have left from the expensive meal.

Just another tourist trap.

Some one posted earlier that Sizzler is for children in that case I feel very young because they let me in at 54yrs old!!! A great burger there..

1, its Hard Rock

2, great place for a birthday or a night out-->NOT

3, dont give a sh** about the Tuk Tuk Mafia, i dont use them and dont talk to them

4, Otop, but hey if 2-3 minutes walk is to much

1, its Hard Rock

3, dont give a sh** about the Tuk Tuk Mafia, i dont use them and dont talk to them

no 1 disagreeing with you besides the teacher and the ex-garbage men on pensions

The price is for the show and the ambiance, it's fair

1, its Hard Rock

no 1 disagreeing with you besides the teacher and the ex-garbage men on pensions

The price is for the show and the ambiance, it's fair

Whats ex-garbage men and teachers have to do with this post?