Nicotine Patches In Cm?

czGLoRy

i only found one source, they were indeed at the boots main branch in CAP, and they were 900-950 for the 20 MG/30MG respectively Nicotinell TTS from Novartis. One pack had 7 24 hour release patches.

Anyone know of any better supplier (cheaper, more of a "bulk" deal, etc?)

Just out of curiosity, how long do you need these patches for?

For a life time. Your only exchanging one crutch for another crutch.

Seems a bit pointless then. huh.gif

the thought is that by using patches then the person doesn't need to smoke or can smoke less and that lessens the lung and cardiovascular damage. Also it get's the person away from the ritual of lighting up and other cues like the smell.

Some people use them when they travel so they don't have to light up or inconvenience other people.

It's just a tool to try to help break the behavior. If anyone can figure out a cure for nicotine addiction then that will be impressive.

Seems a bit pointless then. huh.gif

Over forty years of smoking two to four packs a day. Gave it a go four times to stop. Once with the patch after the third day it hit me I was only exchanging a cigarette for a patch that was still giving me nicotine. I stopped the patch and went cold turkey for 6 months, still went back to smoking, did this 3 more times and went back smoking each time. So what got me to stop, a stroke got my attention in 2005. Have not smoked since. Its called mine over matter. Some people will say I do not have a mine so I do not matter.:lol: I still love the smell of a fresh pack of cigs. I still go out and enjoy my beers in the bar along with smokers and I could care less that they smoke. I also do not stand on the street and tell people not to smoke that is their choice. BUT artificial help is less that 25% successful for stopping. So save your money the odds are stacked.

Not true gotlost!

You see, unlike other nicotine replacement aids, such as gums, lozenges, inhalers, etc, the patch is not just a replacement for tobacco, but actually a structured course that weans the smoker off nicotine dependency over a 3 month period.

The first patches are the biggest and consequently have the most release. Month 2, it's the middles size, and month 3 the tiny ones. So with patches, there's an end goal and a gradual weaning off, whereas other stop-smoking products, well, it's really up to the you! But let's just say I know so called non-smokers that have been chomping on gum, and chewing tobacco for years after the stopped lighting up! So are they healthier? Why yes! Are they free from the shackles of nicotine? No, of course not! They're still dependent on the drug, and spending cash to feed that addiction.

I was a very heavy smoker for many, many years, and almost lost my IT job because of a constant coughing throughout each and every day, which really irritated those i worked with. I've tried the lot, including cold turkey, but it was the nicotine patches that gave me that smooth path towards my now status as a non-smoker.

When it comes to health related problems that CAN and DO occur as a consequence from years of smoking tobacco, one might want to ask oneself if they're worth the cost of a 3 month supply of patches? Postponing a 'quit smoking date' while 'looking for bargains', is perhaps just another smokers excuse for why NOW is not quite the right time to quit! I know, I became the master of excuses myself and believed my own BS for donkey's years before the veil of denial was eventually lifted!

Aitch

Not true gotlost!

You see, unlike other nicotine replacement aids, such as gums, lozenges, inhalers, etc, the patch is not just a replacement for tobacco, but actually a structured course that weans the smoker off nicotine dependency over a 3 month period.

The first patches are the biggest and consequently have the most release. Month 2, it's the middles size, and month 3 the tiny ones. So with patches, there's an end goal and a gradual weaning off, whereas other stop-smoking products, well, it's really up to the you! But let's just say I know so called non-smokers that have been chomping on gum, and chewing tobacco for years after the stopped lighting up! So are they healthier? Why yes! Are they free from the shackles of nicotine? No, of course not! They're still dependent on the drug, and spending cash to feed that addiction.

I was a very heavy smoker for many, many years, and almost lost my IT job because of a constant coughing throughout each and every day, which really irritated those i worked with. I've tried the lot, including cold turkey, but it was the nicotine patches that gave me that smooth path towards my now status as a non-smoker.

When it comes to health related problems that CAN and DO occur as a consequence from years of smoking tobacco, one might want to ask oneself if they're worth the cost of a 3 month supply of patches? Postponing a 'quit smoking date' while 'looking for bargains', is perhaps just another smokers excuse for why NOW is not quite the right time to quit! I know, I became the master of excuses myself and believed my own BS for donkey's years before the veil of denial was eventually lifted!

Aitch

I'm glade the patch did work for you. In the majority of cases they fail because of the individuals attitude towards quitting. I sill stand by comment that they are a crutch. It is a proven fact that the most successful method is "cold turkey".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_cessation

Not true gotlost!

Aitch

I'm glade the patch did work for you. In the majority of cases they fail because of the individuals attitude towards quitting. I sill stand by comment that they are a crutch. It is a proven fact that the most successful method is "cold turkey".

http://en.wikipedia....oking_cessation

That's total BS. I've quit smoking 9 times using nicotine patches! And I plan to use them to quit next time too. smile.gif

I have tried the patches countless times.... :(

I have just invested in a supply of Quomem.....hoping they are gonna work.

I just keep postponing the date to start....well Xmas is just around the corner now...so I will try in the new year.

Smoking is a filthy habit and I really wish I did not do it...but it's a very hard habit to break

I wish the OP every success.

Please note that there is a forum on Thai Visa dedicated to those wishing to stop.

You may find it useful.

I'm glad the patch did work for you. The majority of cases they fail because of the individuals attitude towards quitting

Yes, of course this is true with anything Gotlost. If someone is trying to quit to please someone else, or because they thought they'd casually give it a go, then their chances are pretty slim at best. My comments were aiming at those who really want to quit, are determined to stop no matter what, and are looking for some way to ease those awful pangs of withdrawal that are usually experienced with the cold turkey approach.

I mean, why suffer needlessly if stopping doesn't have to be so grim and painful? Like I say, the nicotine patch approach is a structured course with an end result after 90 days, providing it's followed-through with commitment, and purpose.

What the patches did for me was take away the irritable moods that often occur in those first few weeks of quitting, depending of course on how long, how many, and how hooked the smoker is. Get pissed off long enough and hard enough, then a spurt of misery or a fit of temper is often all it takes for many last-gaspers to go reaching back into a 20 pack of their favourite coffin nails!

Patches don't remove the habit of course, and those new to smoking cessation often feel that 'something is missing feeling', especially after meals, coffee times, down at the boozer, or after a bit of 'how's y' father'! But a missing habit doesn't drive you nuts like a physical craving does.

Anyway, as an ex-heavy smoker, I will finish by saying this; If you really, really want to stop smoking, then you will, and if this is your mindset and relentless determination, you will quit with or without nicotine patches, or any other aid come to than, but why not do yourself a favour and lesson the misery of withdrawal.

Aitch

The only New Years resolution I have ever kept, is to quit smoking in 1975.

It was surprisingly easy, except I did long for a cigarette with my morning cuppa tea and most of the time I didn't know what to do with my hands. I would say that after about a month, I was home and dry and haven't touched one since. I felt a great sense of freedom afterwards, whereas before I was always worried, have I got my lighter, have I enough for the morning etc. I guess in 35 years I must have saved some money by not smoking, but lord knows where it's gone?

Well as a ex smoker three packs a day Camel's non filtered I know a little bit about smoking. For instance it had to be with my right hand to get the full enjoyment out of it.

At any rate I digress. Using the patch can be a big help. There are also other methods out there that have a success rate. But as has been stated here cold turkey seems to have the most success.

I quit cold turkey three times. the last time was at 3:30 in the afternoon of May6 1984. I mention the time becouse it was a great help to me. I ran out of smokes and thought it would be nice to see if I could not light up when he urge hit me. I was playing chess with a friend and I reminded him every five minutes that I was not smoking. At 4;00 I decided to give it a try. I only thought to the time I went to bed. At this I was successful. In the morning when I got up I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I could not make it. At that point I remembered that if I could get to 3:30 in the afternoon I would have quit for a whole day. When I had that day I realized that It would only be seven or eight hours before I went to bed so I persevered.

In the morning when I arose I allowed my self to think of it as a permanent thing. I still went through h___ll but I made it. That was the hardest thing I have ever done. Looking back I cansee that if I had thought of big chunks of time I would never have made it. Sleeping formed a natural barrier to long extended stretch of time. At first it took me a half hour to even entertain the idea.

Weather a person does it with a patch , gum, will power or any other means I urge them to do it. I did not get cancer from it but my lungs only perform to %70 of there capacity. I had a test in 1985 it was %70 in 1999 it was %71. The important thing is to just hang in there it will get easier.

Well as a ex smoker three packs a day Camel's non filtered I know a little bit about smoking. For instance it had to be with my right hand to get the full enjoyment out of it.

At any rate I digress. Using the patch can be a big help. There are also other methods out there that have a success rate. But as has been stated here cold turkey seems to have the most success.

I quit cold turkey three times. the last time was at 3:30 in the afternoon of May6 1984. I mention the time becouse it was a great help to me. I ran out of smokes and thought it would be nice to see if I could not light up when he urge hit me. I was playing chess with a friend and I reminded him every five minutes that I was not smoking. At 4;00 I decided to give it a try. I only thought to the time I went to bed. At this I was successful. In the morning when I got up I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I could not make it. At that point I remembered that if I could get to 3:30 in the afternoon I would have quit for a whole day. When I had that day I realized that It would only be seven or eight hours before I went to bed so I persevered.

In the morning when I arose I allowed my self to think of it as a permanent thing. I still went through h___ll but I made it. That was the hardest thing I have ever done. Looking back I cansee that if I had thought of big chunks of time I would never have made it. Sleeping formed a natural barrier to long extended stretch of time. At first it took me a half hour to even entertain the idea.

Weather a person does it with a patch , gum, will power or any other means I urge them to do it. I did not get cancer from it but my lungs only perform to %70 of there capacity. I had a test in 1985 it was %70 in 1999 it was %71. The important thing is to just hang in there it will get easier.

Congratulations, a great story :thumbsup:

Interesting experiences on this thread. :)

Me: mental preparation of a few years for required mind set - cold turkey - similar path as jayjayO story - It's day 8 9 and counting ....(including the extra kilo's :crying: )

Edited by Nienke

I have purchased nictotine patches and gum at (am I allowed to say the name?).. a drug store on Rachadameon near Thae Pae Gate.

That's Preera pharmacy about three doors down from Black Canyon. They have (had) the Nicotelli and Nicoderm - for a lot more.

I think you'd have more luck with Alan Carr (google) but best wishes for your success.