2011 Kawasaki Versys Has Arrived In Thailand!

BigBikeBKK

Interesting that they would go back to yellow (it was the 2009 colour). I really wanted the yellow "dewalt" version when it first came out but looks a bit "dated" now.

BTW does anybody know a good body shop in Bangkok that can do bike resprays?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2012 model has arrived now.

the photos don't do the yellow justice, and the shop made it hard to decide if the yellow was a straight forward metallic or a pearl, either way it looks very nice indeed :)

Might pop back with my SLR tomorrow and take some better pics if there aren't any on the internet already?

It just looks like Kawasaki have changed the colour of various components, Rear sets, some plastics, forks and colour codded brake pads lol :D

Are you sure this is 2012 colours and not just another one of Kawasaki's custom paint schemes?

I've heard of one like this in CM kawa but I've also seen one riding around over the last week or two.

I did see a yellow one in there about a month ago as well as now numerous white ones & green ones.

It does look nice though I must admit.

yellow/ black is the 2012 color as pictured, displayed in several kwaker dealers who do not do custom paint jobs. seems to be the only versys 2012 color, but as kwaker page is still not updated, not sure. Looks stunning :D

I had my ABS light staying on when the bike was only a couple of months old. Tooking to to the guys at Rama 9 and they fixed it no problem, but don't know what the cause was. Haven't had a problem with it since. (2010 Er6F Ninja)

That's an easy fix, just take the bulb out :D

or reverse the bike for 10-20 meters and it updates abs when you go forward again, as long as sensor disc is not clogged with dirt

• Like 1

My neighbour kindly brought some EBC HH brakes back from America with him which I had fitted yesterday, SO much better than stock brakes. Like a different bike when stopping, especially the back brake which was almost useless.

stock everything is crap unless youre buying something like a bugatti veyron ........even then there may be some aftermarket biuts and pieces to make it better

exchanging the stock tyres ,exhaust ,brakes ,air filters etc will make a great differnce on nearly all bikes

overinflated hard compound IRC tyres seem to come as standard on a lot of thai bikes and i think theyre dangerous as hell in the wet

A friend in the UK recently bought a Tuono V4R and said there is nothing he would change, apparently even the stock exhaust sounds amazing.

My neighbour kindly brought some EBC HH brakes back from America with him which I had fitted yesterday, SO much better than stock brakes. Like a different bike when stopping, especially the back brake which was almost useless.

stock everything is crap unless youre buying something like a bugatti veyron ........even then there may be some aftermarket biuts and pieces to make it better

exchanging the stock tyres ,exhaust ,brakes ,air filters etc will make a great differnce on nearly all bikes

overinflated hard compound IRC tyres seem to come as standard on a lot of thai bikes and i think theyre dangerous as hell in the wet

A friend in the UK recently bought a Tuono V4R and said there is nothing he would change, apparently even the stock exhaust sounds amazing.

Most things can be improved upon with after-market parts. Bikes are all made to a certain budget, the parts that the bikes come with are usually the best and most suitable parts available within that set budget. It's not just a simple case of comparing the cost of IRC's to Pirelli's etc, these companies have multi-million dollar deals set up with the companies that produce such parts.

As with most things in life the more you spend then the more you get.

Simply saying stock everything is crap isn't that realistic, if that was the case everyone would be changing every single part on the bike and we would all be riding custom built machines.

Most things can be improved upon with after-market parts. Bikes are all made to a certain budget, the parts that the bikes come with are usually the best and most suitable parts available within that set budget. It's not just a simple case of comparing the cost of IRC's to Pirelli's etc, these companies have multi-million dollar deals set up with the companies that produce such parts.

As with most things in life the more you spend then the more you get.

Simply saying stock everything is crap isn't that realistic, if that was the case everyone would be changing every single part on the bike and we would all be riding custom built machines.

of course ,the number 1 factor is budget

if it wasnt ,every manufacturer would put the best parts money can buy on their bikes (but this would make them too expensive to buy for almost everybody :) )

my friend has just ordered a new ducatti 1200cc for somewhere in the region of a million thb (not delivered yet for a few more weeks though )

he has already told them to scrap the stock exhaust and put a customised one that boost the horsepower from something like 160 to 170ish IIRC ... :whistling:

that should be a fun bike to ride when it gets here ,anything for a few more HP :)

of course ,the number 1 factor is budget

if it wasnt ,every manufacturer would put the best parts money can buy on their bikes (but this would make them too expensive to buy for almost everybody :) )

my friend has just ordered a new ducatti 1200cc for somewhere in the region of a million thb (not delivered yet for a few more weeks though )

he has already told them to scrap the stock exhaust and put a customised one that boost the horsepower from something like 160 to 170ish IIRC ... :whistling:

that should be a fun bike to ride when it gets here ,anything for a few more HP :)

and after budget, there are government requirements like emission and noise. Makes the market huge for aftermarket exhaust :)

and the multistrada 1200 is a fantastic machine, where budget hasnt been in focus :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I want to buy a set (front and rear) of EBC HH pads for my Versys. I have contacted EBC Thailand directly (on their advertised e-mail addres) but no reply.

Anyone knows where to buy them in the Bangkok region?

Thx

Nicky

Already ordered them.

Hi there,

I want to buy a set (front and rear) of EBC HH pads for my Versys. I have contacted EBC Thailand directly (on their advertised e-mail addres) but no reply.

Thx

Nicky

Already ordered them.

Where? share !!!!

Hi there,

Thx

Nicky

Already ordered them.

Where? share !!!!

Gary from Blue Ridge Performance has about the best deal going for EBC HH Sintered Pads in his eBay store: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Ninja-650-EX650-650R-Versys-/170620912672?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b9cc8420

Probably if you contact him via his online store he can beat the FeeBay price- http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/

Tell him Tony sent ya! :jap:

In Thailand they're 3000 for the front, 1500 for the back - Blue Ridge is cheaper but depends a bit on shipping... and there's the risk of getting hit by customs.

Speaking of upgrades, is there a Li-IO battery available for the Versys? It seems like that would be a pretty cool upgrade as Lithium Ion batteries are way (way) smaller and way lighter... a friend of mine showed my one on his heavily modded CBR400 - it's tiny.

an ad has been removed. free ads at classifieds.thaivisa.com

no ads allowed in the forum

Can you please let me know if referring to a supplier/company is allowed.

Thanks!

Nicky

yep, as long as you are not promoting your own business, or extensively someone else business

and sponsors can promote themselves as much as they please :)

Spotted a yellow 2012 at POP bike rental Chiang Mai - these guys now have a whole fleet of Versyses, 5 or 6.

Yellow looks good, as has been mentioned. Noticed also that the parts above the front foot pegs are now black instead of painted silver. That's probably the end of the "silver paint coming off" problem the Versys has suffered from.

Spotted a yellow 2012 at POP bike rental Chiang Mai - these guys now have a whole fleet of Versyses, 5 or 6.

Yellow looks good, as has been mentioned. Noticed also that the parts above the front foot pegs are now black instead of painted silver. That's probably the end of the "silver paint coming off" problem the Versys has suffered from.

Yep. now it's black paint coming off problem :D

• Like 1

Smart a$$ ;)

The problem that Nikster is talking about is the soft silver paint on the Versys stays that covers a more durable black primer underneath. The silver wears off easily just from riding boots revealing the black primer underneath.

I don't have a pic but if you looked at my Versys on our last ride you'd have spotted it.

Some consider the scuffed up stays to be ugly; I don't really care about it. :)

Don't think the black will come off - obviously they fixed this, since it affected all bikes.

Saw the black 2012 in the showroom today. It's... black. Blacked out front, black stays (is that what that part is called?), and black rear swingarm.

post-20814-0-03285700-1318068456_thumb.j

Edited by nikster

Don't think the black will come off - obviously they fixed this, since it affected all bikes.

Saw the black 2012 in the showroom today. It's... black. Blacked out front, black stays (is that what that part is called?), and black rear swingarm.

post-20814-0-03285700-1318068456_thumb.j

Wow! They even blacked out the swingarm. Thanks for sharing the pic Nikster!

Smart a$ ;)

The problem that Nikster is talking about is the soft silver paint on the Versys stays that covers a more durable black primer underneath. The silver wears off easily just from riding boots revealing the black primer underneath.

I don't have a pic but if you looked at my Versys on our last ride you'd have spotted it.

Some consider the scuffed up stays to be ugly; I don't really care about it. :)

Ahhhh jolly clever these Japanese. But what if they are now using silver primer and then black paint over the top :D

The all black swing arm on the 2012 looks excellent. Makes me wish I'd waited a couple of months before buying now. Ah well, can't win em all lol

If you really fancy a black swingarm you could just have yours powerdercoated...

Edited by BigBikeBKK

The all black swing arm on the 2012 looks excellent. Makes me wish I'd waited a couple of months before buying now. Ah well, can't win em all lol

If you really fancy a black swingarm you could just have yours powerdercoated...

Would probably run you less than 1000 baht at a good place. Powdercoating my rack by Mr. Gai in CM cost 600. Swingarm shouldn't be more.

The rear support frame is also black on the 2012...

Edited by nikster

Would probably run you less than 1000 baht at a good place. Powdercoating my rack by Mr. Gai in CM cost 600. Swingarm shouldn't be more.

The rear support frame is also black on the 2012...

Think I'll leave it as is now to be honest. May change the colour from white next year and consider it at that stage.

Spy shots of a 1000cc Versys. No idea how legit these are. But since we have heard nothing about it, it's either not made here, or not going to be made here for at least another year....

http://hellforleathe...ki-versys-1000/

kawasaki-versys-1000-front.jpg

kawasaki-versys-1000-rear.jpg

Yep , seen the hype on advrider.com too, another link...

http://www.moto-net.com/actualites-motos-B4225-Nouveaut%C3%A9s-2012-Une-Kawasaki-Versys-1000-pour-2012-%21.html