Car Wraps

kevkev1888

With all do respect, I've been emphatically corrected by a youthful English student that it is referred to as "Be Boy" in Thailand and not "hip hop" just saying like...She also informs me that it originated here? :huh: That's news to me..... But I digress....

We're getting way off topic now, but what I was actually saying is that "hip hop" is an out-dated term for the genre ;)

Yes and my post was supposed to be completely tongue in cheek... :mellow:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had never heard of wraping, living in the jungle too long. :whistling:

Interesting subject and some amazing results. Coincidently there was a item about car wraping the TV program "How do they do it" where they wraped the a Lotus in a Union Jack.

Highly skilled work.

post-35075-0-20369000-1289628719_thumb.j

post-35075-0-72588400-1289628732_thumb.j

The Lotus 'how do they do it' video Union Jack.

Tool for how they do it. Look at some other other video suggestions down the right hand side as well to learn.

Love the Crome

Google: totally-dynamic co uk

They have some little videos on the bottom right

Also some FAQ's on the left.

Edited by haveaniceday

• 4 months later...

The Lotus 'how do they do it' video Union Jack.

Tool for how they do it. Look at some other other video suggestions down the right hand side as well to learn.

Love the Crome

Google: totally-dynamic co uk

They have some little videos on the bottom right

Also some FAQ's on the left.

Im playing condiments here (catchup), what are the benefits of wrapping?

Less maintenance, paint protection for future resale, easy, less expensive change of color maybe custom as in the case of the Lotus pictured, styling, a flat finish not available on most cars without an entire repaint, so much is personal preference..

• 3 months later...

I recently had a few bits done in Carbon Fiber on my vehicle, door handles / grill and wing mirrors. I used a company called wrappro and the result was pretty crap. It appears to me the flat surfaces are done ok but anything that requires a bit of time or patience was crap.

I was not there when the work was done, only the wife, had i been there i would have refused to pay.....

JH

anybody knows a shop in Phuket which does car wrapping?

Go onto facebook and look for Mafiaracing, they do a lot of car wraps and there work is top quality.

www.facebook.com/MAFIARACING.PHUKET

Edited by kenny999

• 1 month later...

mention in yesterday's news re car wraps, a 'warning' from Metropolitan Police Bureau stating that if the car wrap covers more than 20% of the vehicle's exterior the owner must notify the Land Transport Dept - or face a penalty of up to 1000 baht.

It didn't say it, but presume this is just the same as the obligation to notify them if the owner repaints a vehicle in a different colour?

• 2 weeks later...

mention in yesterday's news re car wraps, a 'warning' from Metropolitan Police Bureau stating that if the car wrap covers more than 20% of the vehicle's exterior the owner must notify the Land Transport Dept - or face a penalty of up to 1000 baht.

It didn't say it, but presume this is just the same as the obligation to notify them if the owner repaints a vehicle in a different colour?

Interesting... I wonder how that applies when the color is unchanged, i.e. a matte red wrap on an originally red car... over even glossy red in a slightly different hue...

• 3 weeks later...

The thing with car wraps, if you are only going part of the car, its better to stay away from parts that are not straight like door mirrors, the results can be hit or miss.

Bonnet, roof boot is ok.

You always want to make sure they are using 3M so you know it wont take off the paint when you remove it.

Also if your going to do the whole car, ask for the 3M 1 piece wrap, the quality is so much better because each piece is custom made specially made for the vehicle. ofcourse the wrap might be 2 or 3 pieces depending on your car. Its double the price but looks so much better

• 2 months later...

Looks crap, a real paint job is worth the dosh. ;)

Some don't know how to spend their dosh. Car wraps, :cheesy:

I have seen many that you could tell it wasn't painted. Guy who owns Siri-a-nan (tyre shop) here in Pattaya has a Porsche Cayman, the matte black wrap on it is 100% perfect. come time to sell and remove sticker, original paint is unmarked and still in pristine condition. Another advantage is you can change the colour of your car in days not weeks.

Looks crap, a real paint job is worth the dosh. ;)

I have seen many that you could tell it wasn't painted. Guy who owns Siri-a-nan (tyre shop) here in Pattaya has a Porsche Cayman, the matte black wrap on it is 100% perfect. come time to sell and remove sticker, original paint is unmarked and still in pristine condition. Another advantage is you can change the colour of your car in days not weeks.

Saw a NEW Merc in CM, Matt black wrap, reeeeeeeally impressed the Click riders but l had to smile as it looked crap :rolleyes:.

Saw a NEW Merc in CM, Matt black wrap, reeeeeeeally impressed the Click riders but l had to smile as it looked crap :rolleyes:.

Each to there own. My pickup gets a full respray every year at a cost of 30k (I hate scratched and dented cars), am seriously considering a full warp this time round instead. they have a colour very similar in a gloss vinyl to the Brock group A (blue meanie). and @ 18k for a wrap it is a crap load cheaper than a colour change (Am bored with black).

13752-VKSSBrock1.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

Each to there own. My pickup gets a full respray every year at a cost of 30k (I hate scratched and dented cars), am seriously considering a full warp this time round instead. they have a colour very similar in a gloss vinyl to the Brock group A (blue meanie). and @ 18k for a wrap it is a crap load cheaper than a colour change (Am bored with black).

13752-VKSSBrock1.jpg

Cool. :)

Becareful with cheap wraps, you should only get the wraps which come from 3M as they wont rip your paint off if you need to remove it. I wouldnt touch any wrap under 20K for a full wrap.

Are you a rep for 3M ?

Do you have a link to their "wrap" company ?

Having "cut my teeth" in the sign industry I rate Avery films and vinyls a lot higher than the crap sold by 3M.

Edited by Spoonman

Becareful with cheap wraps, you should only get the wraps which come from 3M as they wont rip your paint off if you need to remove it. I wouldnt touch any wrap under 20K for a full wrap.

Are you a rep for 3M ?

Do you have a link to their "wrap" company ?

Having "cut my teeth" in the sign industry I rate Avery films and vinyls a lot higher than the crap sold by 3M.

No, but I am involved with car wraps and know a bit about them. Prob cant say more or I might be breaking "Thaivisa's" policy.

Its not just the material, its the glue that 3M uses on the wraps that make it very good. Only the good 3M car wraps are imported from Germany and the US.

• 8 months later...

Looks crap, a real paint job is worth the dosh. wink.gif

And some fossils still don't want to use a computer.... Things change... In YOUR OPINION it may look like crap, but others have seen some quality work that looks very nice.

• Like 1

13752-VKSSBrock1.jpg

Cool. smile.gif

Unlike Transams which are just crap.

I have a investment in a car wrap company here. Some of my honest thoughts on them.

- wrapping a whole car is crazy, unless your car's paint job is bad, even then, when you take it off it will peel the paint if the paint is not in good condition.

- If its a whole car, best for advertising sh1t on.

- They are never perfect, some are close too though and they can start peeling. Now a good idea for good cars.

- A whole car wrapped looks like $#%

I have a investment in a car wrap company here. Some of my honest thoughts on them.

- wrapping a whole car is crazy, unless your car's paint job is bad, even then, when you take it off it will peel the paint if the paint is not in good condition.

More disinformation and coming from a person who invests in car wraps no less? I've seen you post this several times and it's just nonsense, you should know more about your investments and their products as a professional knows that wraps are easy to remove without paint damage if a heat gun is used during the process to soften and loosen the adhesive and it's bond..