Guy Fawkes Night

OldeBellPedr

Today (Friday 5th November) is, as every self respecting Brit (and a good many Aussies) know is Bonfire Night. A celebration of the life of the only sane man ever to enter the Mother of Parliaments! or an affirmation of the Protestant ascendency in the UK......or a good bit of harmless fun marking an obscure event 405 years ago! Whatever your view of Guy Fawkes Night it is an essential part of British Life and we at The Olde Bell see no reason why we shouldn't steal a march on the Thais and have our Firework Night over 2 weeks before Loy Kratong!

Tonight we have a FREE BBQ: Steak, chicken, Sausages, Fish & Salads from 7pm with fireworks at 9pm. All customers, old and new welcome.

Thanks to everyone who came along tonight making it a really enjoyable evening. Our first BBQ in 4 months went down well and there was a great atmosphere!

Hope to see you all at the next do!

A good night good food and a good atmosphere

Cheers Pedr for the fireworks, the highlight for me was the one that was set off upside down by mistake and almost took out Gary the insurance man, good fun as no one was hurt. :D

Ha! Ha! lol. Thankfully Thaimiller, Gary was shaken and a little singed on what he claimed was his Georgio Armani original shirt, but other than that unfazed by the experience- I'm sure he's adequately insured anyway!!

My new barman didn't read the note that said 'this way up' - probably beause it was in Chinese and as you say it exploded in all directions. Don't worry though, all the fireworks had been approved by the Thai Health and Safety Executive!!!!