Thanksgiving Dinner

junglechef

I'm a new CM transplant from Boston and am looking for a traditional Turkey day dinner to take my Thai family. More concerned with good food than cost and also interested in a nice atmosphere, preferably not a big hotel affair, but hanging out with yanks (football on the TV?) etc. Any suggestions?

thanks, not sure on ole' english pub is exactly the american flair I was looking for - lol. I'll give em' a call and see if they are serving bird w/all the fixins'

Definitely don't want an English Pub for thanksgiving - that just wouldn't seem right.

Lots of American places will be putting on something I'm sure....go to gotlost's place. rolleyes.gif

Definitely a no no.

A English pup there idea of football and yours are miles apart. LOL Also the menu has nothing on it for a American Thanksgiving.

Dukes is good He will have a special Thanksgiving dinner with special price. No Television though. I doubt if any of the pub's will have anything they don't even know what it is and if they did there idea of football is like I said a little different than ours.

I am sure there is a place with the Tele and a real American Thanksgiving.

thanks for the suggestions and comments guys, don't need TV, just some Americana. And being from Boston I know what to do w/bad tea!!

I say old chap.......that's just not cricket. wink.gif

I was fortunate enough to spend two thanksgivings in the states and thoroughly enjoyed them. It's not just the food, it is as you say the whole American atmosphere.........hope you find somewhere nice. smile.gif

Yeah, I agree it just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without some football on the TV, but since Thai time is more than 12 hrs ahead of U.S. time, the best any restaurant could do is to show a re-run of a game from the previous weekend.

One year we tried to watch the Macy's Parade via internet on what was Thanksgiving evening here. It just wasn't the same. That's sometime you watch while you're fixing the dinner in the kitchen and the football is for after dinner.

Edited by RogerL

Yeah, I agree it just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without some football on the TV, but since Thai time is more than 12 hrs ahead of U.S. time, the best any restaurant could do is to show a re-run of a game from the previous weekend.

One year we tried to watch the Macy's Parade via internet on what was Thanksgiving evening here. It just wasn't the same. That's sometime you watch while you're fixing the dinner in the kitchen and the football is for after dinner.

Restaurants probably wouldn't have enough couches to crash into with a six pack. wink.gif

Maybe Gekko American Rudy normally puts a great thanks Giving dinner on for around 300-350 Baht or Chiang Mai Saloon 1 or 2 Ron Or Bill put a big feast on. However if you have no Joy then sausage king can make you a nice American style Ham or a stuffed rolled belly pork with sage-onion-and hickory smoked bacon and you can party at home, i can help if all fails, Emergency number: 085-7060105 (ROB)

post-112062-0-65186900-1288975663_thumb.

post-112062-0-58898700-1288975692_thumb.

post-112062-0-45894800-1288975998_thumb.

post-112062-0-93607800-1288976021_thumb.

post-112062-0-40069000-1288976047_thumb.

post-112062-0-07829100-1288976087_thumb.

post-112062-0-86330300-1288976150_thumb.

post-112062-0-46131800-1288976181_thumb.

post-112062-0-19441000-1288976229_thumb.

Edited by SausageKing

Maybe Gekko American Rudy normally puts a great thanks Giving dinner on for around 300-350 Baht or Chiang Mai Saloon 1 or 2 Ron Or Bill put a big feast on. However if you have no Joy then sausage king can make you a nice American style Ham or a stuffed rolled belly pork with sage-onion-and hickory smoked bacon and you can party at home, i can help if all fails, Emergency number: 085-7060105 (ROB)

I discovered Gekko a few weeks ago, loved the roast beef sandwich and thought it might do a good Turkey Day. That being said it is ALL about turkey and fixins'. Nothing against pork products, don't worry I will try your products one day. Are you an American or just another Brit trying colonize our holiday?

p.s. my Mom's from London and I'm a citizen of the Commenwealth, but I was born and bred in the good old USA! love roast dinner w/yorkshire pud but not on the last Thurs. in November

Dukes

Parker House Rolls, Butternut Squash and Caesar Salad.

Choice of

Roast Turkey,BBQ Ham, Prime Rib Aujus or Salmon with Lemon Butter.

All with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and stuffing or Brown Rice for the Salmon (salmon are so picky) Green Bean Casserole,Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries.

With desert consisting of Pumpkin or Apple Pie.

And the whole thing to be washed down with Coffee or Tea + Water :jap: They will be having four seating's at 1:00 - 3:30 - 6:00 - 8:30

Reservations strongly recommended 053.249.231

Now if they only had mincemeat Pie it would be complete.

Cost

Ham Turkey and Salmon 475 Baht Prime Rib 995 Baht. ( I guess the Prime Rib is for those wanna be Americans from the Islands LOL :yohan:)

Dukes

Choice of

All with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and stuffing or Brown Rice for the Salmon (salmon are so picky) Green Bean Casserole,Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries.

And the whole thing to be washed down with Coffee or Tea + Water :jap: They will be having four seating's at 1:00 - 3:30 - 6:00 - 8:30

Cost

Ham Turkey and Salmon 475 Baht Prime Rib 995 Baht. ( I guess the Prime Rib is for those wanna be Americans from the Islands LOL :yohan:)

Sounds great and an American establishment too.smile.gif

There's nothing worse than places that put on stuff for countries they have absolutely no connection with, or for the most obscure celebrations imaginable, just to get a few baht.

Dukes

Choice of

Cost

Sorry, double post unsure.gif.

Edited by uptheos

Bake & Bite, which has an excellent reputation here in Chiang Mai, is having a choice of Thanksgiving lunch, or dinner with dinner seatings available from 5PM - 10PM and lunch seatings from 11:30AM to 4:00 PM, offering great flexibility.

The lunch turkey with full condiments is only 320 baht per person. The buffet dinner, which is really impressive, is only 450 baht per person which is a lower cost than most other locations in town. Plus you have superior offerings that are customary for Bake & Bite; beautiful surroundings, parking, and a professional, friendly staff

Sadly, and against may friends recommendations, last year I tried another very well known venue(I will not name the establishment) and was completely disappointed. See menu below:

gallery_10981_1040_100136.jpg

Edited by venturalaw

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by the Garden today and got the final details on their very reasonable Thanksgiving dinner:

The Garden (across from Inter Inn)

November 25 2010 11:30 am - 4 pm 5 pm- 8 pm

Roast Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, apple or pumpkin pie

350 baht, (buy 6 dinners and get one free)

To reserve: 081 882 2840, 080 127 0922

(Sorry, I posted this before on the wrong thread).