Yet Another Topic On Accomodation...

manarak

I'm looking for good value one bedroom (i.e. separate living room and bedroom) serviced apartments in Pattaya, not too far from shopping venues, with AC and internet, cable TV and preferably with a pool.

I already know:

Mosaik - difficult to beat but no pool

Bonkai Resort - location is not so good

Viewtalay place

Who can point me to other possibilities?

Thank you

Edited by manarak

LK Pavilion Serviced Apartments near the corner of 3rd Road and South Pattaya Road. In the LK Pavilion Center behind the Mityon-Pattaya motorcycle dealership. They have everything you mentioned. One bedroom, one bath, separate living room, separate kitchen, with the pool area on the ground floor.

There is also the LK Metropolitan which is off Soi Buakow and LK Royal which is on Soi Buakow near Central Pattaya Road.

Edited by BB1950

How much are you wanting to pay?

Right, I forgot to include that.

On a monthly basis, less than 30000 baht, all included (power, internet, water and daily cleaning and daily change of linen and towels)

Also forgot that I would like an in-room safe.

Diamond city looks good, but no in-room safe, and it is not clear whether internet is included.

LK Pavillion is too pricey (but looks nice)

Edited by manarak

On a monthly basis, less than 30000 baht, all included (power, internet, water and daily cleaning and daily change of linen and towels)

Diamond city looks good, but no in-room safe, and it is not clear whether internet is included.

You dont say how long you will be staying, for but with the way things are at present LK Pavillion may be open to negotiation.

Try the Golden crab on soi 13 its excellent has everything you are asking for and you cant get any closer to everything and i think its around 28k all in, had long stays there myself :jap:

Thank you, I investigated the Golden Crab, and it got some dreadful reviews on other forums.

I would like stay about one month.

Most monthly deals don't have daily cleaning included, so that will be even more out of your budget.

Even the Argyle Apartments that you mention have a basic charge of at least 30k per month and you still have to pay electricity on top of that.

Mozaik, you'll have to pay extra for daily room servicing too.

Diamond City is within your budget and has a good location. Pay the extra for the Internet and lock your valuables in your suitcase. Will all of you extra, you may still be within your budget.

I only stay in one or two bedroom apartments when I'm in the region. I think your requests are unlikely to be fully met.

You can go for a cheaper option, such as Tycoon Place for 20 k for a month. It's located in between the Mozaik and Diamond City Pattaya. That way you'll have 10k left for your extras. Electricity, water, extra cleaning and perhaps a secure suitcase with a good locking mechanism. :)

thanks Jiu-Jitsu

I'll pass on maxxcentral, the residents say the pool is too small to be of any use.

Mosaik is currently at the top of my list because it has got everything except a pool, and price wise it is at about 30000 baht everything included.

but I'd really really like a pool.

lock your valuables in your suitcase

I could also hide them in the toilet flushing tank or on top the casket...

I'd prefer a safe.

Edited by manarak

thanks Jiu-Jitsu

I'll pass on maxxcentral, the residents say the pool is too small to be of any use.

Mosaik is currently at the top of my list because it has got everything except a pool, and price wise it is at about 30000 baht everything included.

but I'd really really like a pool.

lock your valuables in your suitcase

I could also hide them in the toilet flushing tank or on top the casket...

I'd prefer a safe.

If you think that an in-room safe is better than a secure suitcase, you should think again. But hey, it's not my stuff so I don't care.

we are talking about apartment buildings which maybe do not have 24/7 security or where one could sneak out without problems when carrying a suitcase...

at least the safe is bolted, and it requires complicity of the management to steal what's inside.

'We' are talking about apartment buildings? I'm writing about serviced apartments, which was your request. Any local trying to take a suitcase out of Diamond City, wouldn't even get past the door from the apartments to reception, let alone the traverse from the reception to the street door.

You are writing of the Mozaik Standard building where they just have a guard service. My suggestions are appropriate for their environment.

But if the Mozaik building fits your needs the problem is solved.

Try Diana-Oasis on Soi Bouakao. diana-oasis.com

I am staying there right now for the 5th. time in 2 years and love their perfect location and amenities. Their staff is very, very nice and Meow the manager is a pearl. Have a look at their website and look at their 1-bedroom luxury. They have very good free WIFI everywhere and a nice restaurant with good free breakfasts. They are often fully booked, this is the only negative I can say about the place. Good luck. JL>jap.gif

'We' are talking about apartment buildings? I'm writing about serviced apartments, which was your request. Any local trying to take a suitcase out of Diamond City, wouldn't even get past the door from the apartments to reception, let alone the traverse from the reception to the street door.

You are writing of the Mozaik Standard building where they just have a guard service. My suggestions are appropriate for their environment.

No worries Jiu-Jitsu, I see Diamond city is still the best bet after Mosaik.

I am just looking for a Mosaik with pool, that's all.

I might give Diamond city a try.

Diana-Oasis looks great!

Alas, the one bedroom suites start at 1700 a day or 30.000 monthly, but cleaning is only twice a week, and electricity is extra. Daily cleaning and linen will probably cost 6000 baht more and about 4000 baht for electricity, so that would be 40.000 for a month... a bit pricey, but the place looks great.

I might also just stay at Mosaik and pay a fee to use a pool in the vicinity.

Are there any nice pools that I could use around TukCom?

No worries Jiu-Jitsu, I see Diamond city is still the best bet after Mosaik.

I am just looking for a Mosaik with pool, that's all.

I might give Diamond city a try.

Diana-Oasis looks great!

Alas, the one bedroom suites start at 1700 a day or 30.000 monthly, but cleaning is only twice a week, and electricity is extra. Daily cleaning and linen will probably cost 6000 baht more and about 4000 baht for electricity, so that would be 40.000 for a month... a bit pricey, but the place looks great.

I might also just stay at Mosaik and pay a fee to use a pool in the vicinity.

Are there any nice pools that I could use around TukCom?

Tony's Fitness Club on Third Road? http://www.tonydisco.com/html/fitness/welcome.html

I think the Tycoon Place price of 20k includes daily cleaning. It has free Internet and a pool. But they only have safe deposit boxes at reception. Perhaps you can buy a lock box and use that in combination with the safe deposit box at reception.

Don't have pics of their one bed apartment.

Borrowed these pics from another forum of the single room.

Room: 31115165.jpg

Balcony View: 31115170.jpg

Location: http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?vbtRUKnqkcYD8CAA (You can see the building at the end of the soi on the right).

Internet via LAN.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Before you book any apartment I suggest you check their bed.

I say this because I have been caught before.

Many of the beds i.e. matresses in Pattaya come from the same company and they are rock hard. Ok for a night or two but torture for a long stay. If you can sleep on anything then go ahead and book.

30k won't really get you anything that flash in Pattaya.

Amari is good if you are prepared to spend more. 60k per month will get you a studio.

Before you book any apartment I suggest you check their bed.

I say this because I have been caught before.

Many of the beds i.e. matresses in Pattaya come from the same company and they are rock hard. Ok for a night or two but torture for a long stay. If you can sleep on anything then go ahead and book.

Amari is good if you are prepared to spend more. 60k per month will get you a studio.

You were doing ok until that utterly pointless last line.

I like hard beds.

:-)

My bed at home is hard too.

think twice.

you can get a nice 1-bedroom suite at Mosaik for that price, and it is nice.

But there is no pool.

wow, nova park looks good!

Unless you have transport, your motorcycle taxi bill will climb rapidly. You can conceivably walk to BIG C for your shopping, but if you don't intend to have your own motorcycle, you should think twice. Location, location, location.

Bella Vista in Soi 4 is also quite nice although a little more than your budget.

It's called the Bella Villa Prima. is there some reason why you insist on posting properties that cost double the OP's budget?

Edited by Rimmer
Flame