Two Thai Girls Became Mothers At The Age Of Nine: Survey

webfact

If the survey found two girls aged 9 who were pregnant, they were probably raped at 8. And because Thais are a year old when born, by western standards, they girls were more likely 7 years old when raped. Castrate the f*ckers who attacked them! Hold the guys down and give me a pair latex gloves and heavy scissors, and I'll gladly do it myself.

I'm not sure what is more scary, preteen preganancy or guys with views like yours.

I suspect a more measured response will have better results, The Northern Forum that did this research illustrates that the Thais are taking this issue more seriously.

At the end of the day, they know their society better than we do and at least these very young girls will have mum, granny and possibly aunty around to bring up the child - unlike in many Western countries

If the survey found two girls aged 9 who were pregnant, they were probably raped at 8. And because Thais are a year old when born, by western standards, they girls were more likely 7 years old when raped. Castrate the f*ckers who attacked them! Hold the guys down and give me a pair latex gloves and heavy scissors, and I'll gladly do it myself.

I'm not sure what is more scary, preteen preganancy or guys with views like yours.

I suspect a more measured response will have better results, The Northern Forum that did this research illustrates that the Thais are taking this issue more seriously.

At the end of the day, they know their society better than we do and at least these very young girls will have mum, granny and possibly aunty around to bring up the child - unlike in many Western countries

Are you saying rape of little girls is somehow tolerable? ....because of some cultural thing? We're not talking about rhesus monkeys here, we're talking about young girls who were likely traumatized and suffered pain - both physical and mental. The mental scars can last a lifetime. Plus, it's no surprise if children of rapes keep the pattern going: girls getting raped at tender ages, and boys coercing girls for sex - and able to justify by thinking, "father did it, grandfather probably did it, the girl was asking for it by dressing/acting sexy, so what's the big deal?" There should be zero tolerance for date rapes or rapes of any kind. The law should come down swift and hard for rapists - particularly those that prey on children. In these modern times, no one can use the excuse of 'cultural tradition' or any other soggy excuses.

If my views (as stated in prior blurb, above) scare you, then you probably deserve a scare.

How often were there alcoholic drinks involved in those rapes? In the US, it's called 'statutary rape' and it's taken very seriously by citizens and by the law. In Thailand, where 'saving face' is paramount, it's swept under the table.

If most or all of these rapes are alcohol fueled, then why is alcohol legal and more benign substances like ganga and hemp illegal? Indeed, hemp can't get you stoned, even if you smoked a truckload of the stuff - yet it will land you in jail if you're caught with any amount.

What a post !

you obviously have a pro-drugs agenda you want to bring forth but really, this isn't the thread to be banging that drum in.

How many arrests occurred after the hospitals reported to authorities that such young children had given birth. A nine year giving birth most likely was impregnated at 8 years old. I think that Thailand has laws against such things, and I think it's the hospital that should be picking up the phone and protecting these little children.

If a Thai was involved I can assure you there was not even a call made. It has always amazed me how saving face is such a big deal in a society that is so openly corrupt, and known throughout the world to be so. Very hypocritical. This kind of report, and the failure to do anything about it (unless of course a farang is "alleged" to be involved) is a new low in what is already a morally bankrrupt society. From top to bottom the government doesn't care about these poor young girls and there is no saving face for that in the eyes of the civilized world.

Nowadays, in Western Europe, the youngest mothers are 29 years old and average is 42. Oldest: 62 / 65 is not rare. :rolleyes:

:blink:

Surely you mean 32, not 42 and Oldest Mothers in the age of 62/65 is not rare?

You must be joking.

LaoPo

It's all part of a broken society's rich tapestry.

Where do you begin?

These figures indicate something immoral and disturbing that along with so many other unacceptable pratcises ocurr in this wonderful land of smiles.

In another thread I read how family rapist fathers are ignored as they remain the bread winner. To remove them, jail terms, would harm the family. Financial suffering being considered worse than one child's constant rape and pregnancy by her father.

May be we should just try 'thinking Thai'. After all this is their country and we have to accept their cultural norms and mores. This is one further example.

If the Thais are happy with it and we are not, then the air port provides the answer.

What next? Tackle the corruption? Think again. This is a country that is proud to advertise Pattaya. So what if there is a little sex going on in house? Nobody gets hurt. Thais love kids we all know that. how many have you seen given the best seat on the handlebars or balanced on the edge of the pick upo?

Get real. This is Thailand.

With such wide spread teenage, and childhood pregnancy there has to be an explanation.

Cui Bono?

Why are the parents, particularly the mothers of these children not taking care to ensure their daughters don't become pregnant?

On the simple economics of feeding another child, one would expect there to be severe pressure for girls and young women not become pregnant - But then look at what usually happens when a young girl gets pregnant - Her mother, now the grandmother, takes care of the children and the new mother goes out to work - Providing a steady income stream for the Grandmother, secure in her position within the family.

Viewed from outside, it's a terrible thing, viewed from the Grandmother's point of view, she's just become indispensable.

Children as security - It's classic depravation economics and can be seen all over Thailand.

You hit the nail right on the head

In Thailand Females – not all of them, but many - are chattel

(the word originates in 13th century France “chatel “property)

Thai inheritance – I cannot call it law because people dealing with Law do not consider it Law – the youngest daughter receives 50% of the property, the remaining siblings have to divvy-up the other 50% between them.

Youngest daughter gets 50% because it is her obligation to take care of mother.

Bride price is outlawed in Thailand. When it comes to crookedness leave it up to Thais.

So the money that changes hands is called “Wedding Party Money”. Supposedly to cover the cost of the wedding party and the Thai Judiciary goes along with this charade.

How much money? i.e. the youngest daughter goes for 40,000 Baht because she receives 50% of the property while the older daughter(s) go for 30,000 Baht.

Remember Save Face, no need to ask your Thai girlfriend, wife, or for that matter the Thai neighbor you are friendly with.

Thai / Thai Chinese Females are to hand over to their father their paycheque or when working in the family business to work with no remuneration.

The other day I talked to a local female (really a woman she is on the way to midlife) not married, still living at her parents’ home, for the past 5-year working in the family owned business. To put it in a nutshell, she admitted she did not have any money. This to me is sort of ridiculous because 15-year ago she told me, “mother me told to stop given all my money to father because he will never give it back”. Interesting isn’t it? All these years later she still did not do what her mother told her to do,

We will call it TIT.