Border Fighting In Burma Kills One Thai Wounding Three In Mae Sot

webfact

I received a travel warning from the US Embassy Bangkok stating:

This message alerts U.S. citizens visiting and residing in Thailand thatfighting inside Burma near the Thai border has reportedly caused limited injuries and damage inside Thailand. Americans are strongly advised to avoid travel to and around the Thai-Burma border. On November 8, fighting broke out in Myawaddy, Burma between elements of the DKBA and the Burmese Army; several mortar and RPG rounds were reported to have landed in Mae Sot, Thailand. In Mae Sot, about ten people were reportedly injured and a store was destroyed. Several thousand Burmese nationals crossed the border around Mae Sot seeking refuge in Thailand. The circumstances that led to the clashes are unclear and the potential remains for further violence. There are reports of fighting elsewhere in Burma near the Thai border. The situation is fluid and unpredictable both in severity and geographic extent.

Edited by Jimi007

This message alerts U.S. citizens visiting and residing in Thailand thatfighting inside Burma near the Thai border has reportedly caused limited injuries and damage inside Thailand. Americans are strongly advised to avoid travel to and around the Thai-Burma border. On November 8, fighting broke out in Myawaddy, Burma between elements of the DKBA and the Burmese Army; several mortar and RPG rounds were reported to have landed in Mae Sot, Thailand. In Mae Sot, about ten people were reportedly injured and a store was destroyed. Several thousand Burmese nationals crossed the border around Mae Sot seeking refuge in Thailand. The circumstances that led to the clashes are unclear and the potential remains for further violence. There are reports of fighting elsewhere in Burma near the Thai border. The situation is fluid and unpredictable both in severity and geographic extent.

I believe that most people do not actually know how serious the situation has been in Burma for many years. The regime is deadly - I think Saddam Hussein was a saint compared to the moronic general, Then Shwe, who runs the show these days. Atrocities that have been carried out against individuals and whole villages have been described that are stomach turning in their sadistic depravity. Little girls as young as five have been gang raped, people have been tied up and then thrown into pits of biting insects(I'm not sure which insects) or snakes, villagers are used as military porters until they drop dead from exhaustion, the list is endless. That the elections were a sham is general knowledge, but the bare faced lies that the country's leaders have told the world about these proceedings just show what a bunch of evil baskets are in control.

Add to that the buildings of a new city with all the costs incurred and compare that to the broken down infrastructure of the country and it leaves you wondering what kind of madness is at work. The generals steal all the wealth for themselves whilst people scratch a living from their immediate environment - with no jobs for the vast majority and the best jobs kept for those related to the military. 3% of the budget is used (I think) on health and education while there are 500000 military personnel, new helicopters from Russia and so forth ............ I could carry on all night about this.

And as much as I like Khun Abhisit - I must say the guy is in a position to slam the door on the regime - he carries on being their biggest trading partner even though there are UN sanctions against Burma. Sick.

I believe that most people do not actually know how serious the situation has been in Burma for many years. The regime is deadly - I think Saddam Hussein was a saint compared to the moronic general, Then Shwe, who runs the show these days. Atrocities that have been carried out against individuals and whole villages have been described that are stomach turning in their sadistic depravity. Little girls as young as five have been gang raped, people have been tied up and then thrown into pits of biting insects(I'm not sure which insects) or snakes, villagers are used as military porters until they drop dead from exhaustion, the list is endless. That the elections were a sham is general knowledge, but the bare faced lies that the country's leaders have told the world about these proceedings just show what a bunch of evil baskets are in control.

Add to that the buildings of a new city with all the costs incurred and compare that to the broken down infrastructure of the country and it leaves you wondering what kind of madness is at work. The generals steal all the wealth for themselves whilst people scratch a living from their immediate environment - with no jobs for the vast majority and the best jobs kept for those related to the military. 3% of the budget is used (I think) on health and education while there are 500000 military personnel, new helicopters from Russia and so forth ............ I could carry on all night about this.

And as much as I like Khun Abhisit - I must say the guy is in a position to slam the door on the regime - he carries on being their biggest trading partner even though there are UN sanctions against Burma. Sick.

actually, you're right. he's done a lot better and harmed less than preceding prime ministers....but it seems as though he tolerates Burma's regime far too much. when it spills over the border and your own and killed and injured, time to take a stand.

Hail Karen warriors! Hope they make some progress and draw some press