Sony Psp: Why So Cheap Here ?

Butterfly

US PSP is not similar with Japanese, UK PSP is compatible with Japanese one to view UMD movies  as both of them are in region code 2.

PSP from all countries can play all PSP games, the only problem will be with UMD movies, if you buy US PSP, u can play UMD region code 1 only just like in DVD player.

Anyone knows the price of games here in BKK? i have only NSF U,  I'd like to know the price of Lumines , if you alredy bought one please tell me the price.

thanks.

between 1400 and 1800B in my experience. Lumines is old, so probably at the cheaper end of that range.

these prices assume you arn't stupid enough to buy from central, robinsons or similar. if you are, games are 3500B+

neph.

nephilim Thanks for your replies. A follow-on question; you mention a couple of price ranges for games, one at 150b for a CD and 1,400~1,800 b. I take it the former is the kind you would play off the memory stick? But what is the latter? Is that on UMD media?

nephilim Thanks for your replies. A follow-on question; you mention a couple of price ranges for games, one at 150b for a CD and 1,400~1,800 b. I take it the former is the kind you would play off the memory stick? But what is the latter? Is that on UMD media?

Yes, the 1400+ is for an original - USA, Jap or Euro, as new. Like you'd walked into a shop in New York and bought it. Mine have all even been shrink wrapped as well. These are of course, legal.

The 150B is a cd with a .iso on. Obviously you need to get these onto a memstick to play. These are, obviously, not legal.

neph

• 4 weeks later...

hi to all...

IM a malaysian...and im coming to hat yai,thailand this saturday...i maybe buying a PSP from there i the price is reasonable...can anyone tell me where can i find a PSP at below 10,000 baht...around 8,000 baht in hat yai....thank you...

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before but i would love a correct answer...

I have just got a psp and it is version 2.6

Is there any copy games in thailand i can get that will work on it...

I mean like for the PS2 you just get a chip put in and play the copy discs...

Is there such a thing as copy UMD's ... I understand that you can do homebrew on version 1.5 but there is no downgrade available yet...but thought maybe a game on a UMD may work on my version 2.6

Any replies will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jay

Yep a few games, but since I am not a gamer, I would be quite happy with only 2 or 3 games.

Should I wait then ? the PSP is not even released in Europe yet and the official price in Thailand is 20,000 baht for one, that is $400

Maybe time to grab those "Japan" imports before it's too late and prices go up

you said you knew where to get them for 8,000 baht now its up to 20,000 bit of a jump there

Yep. I got quoted 20,000 baht from Central (official import) but in some "game shop" it's about 9,000 (Japan import).

Well as a former frequent visitor to the shops of Hat Yai I can tell you from experience that what is on the outside often is not want you find inside. Buyer beware. What may look like a name brand is often 30 day garbage inside.

You make a very good point , i did ask once for the playstation2 in Sapanlek , they told me price is relative to the quality of components inside !

body look the same , but what are you getting inside ?

• 2 months later...

for Lovecam----------

There is a new downgrader for your psp. If your version is 2.60 you can go down to 1.5 easily in 10 minutes. put downgrader 2.60 in google mate.

with 1.5 version you can play with all your games and all homebrew games. ( emulators, aplications..). With 2.60 version only original games and no homebrew man.

there is a chip you can put, but your dont need it man. trust me.

by the way, all the answers here are 7 months ago. today is 4th of september 2006.

im gettig married 30 of september, and im going to bangkok lol. i know where i can find psp´s reading this forum. but i dont know the prices. can anyone tell me how much for a psp in bangkok right now??

thanks for your time thai men

alex

Spain

I got bored with the PSP and got a Nintendo DS Lite - Games are much better for those long flights in my opinion.

And 16-17 games on 1 1gb MicroSD. It just seems more fun than the PSP.

PSP for sale, 1.5 firmware, 2gb Memory stick, Lemmings Original game, GTA Original game- 10,000 baht send PM if you want it - In Bangkok :o

Games much better lol?? how much have you drink.... lol

i have a batterie with 8 hours and another with 4 hours. Not bad i think.

and i have 300 super nintendo games, and 200 sega genesis games, and 50 capcom games, and 30 neo geo cd games...well i dont get bored trust me..1gb for homebrew and 2gb for psp games.

by the way, thanks for answering my question mate.

In Spain i can get a psp 1.5 for 2.30e thats 11.000bath. i think 10000 bath too much money man for a psp,whre are in Thailand not in UK. I cant find it cheaper??

i am looking only for the psp, not with games or memory sticks

thanks for your time

Games much better lol?? how much have you drink.... lol

i have a batterie with 8 hours and another with 4 hours. Not bad i think.

and i have 300 super nintendo games, and 200 sega genesis games, and 50 capcom games, and 30 neo geo cd games...well i dont get bored trust me..1gb for homebrew and 2gb for psp games.

by the way, thanks for answering my question mate.

In Spain i can get a psp 1.5 for 2.30e thats 11.000bath. i think 10000 bath too much money man for a psp,whre are in Thailand not in UK. I cant find it cheaper??

i am looking only for the psp, not with games or memory sticks

thanks for your time

i have a psp, but i need another one for a friend

11.000bath

Yeah ok but does that have a 2gb memory stick and 2 original games....nope. Thats a lot of BATHS :o

Honestly I think the gameplay in Nintendo DS games is much better...oh and we have the emulators also.

Just a personal opinion.

oh and not had too much to drink yet just opened the wine mate.

Edited by dekka007

too much to drink yet?just opened the wine??

hehehe

nop mate, it doesnt have 2gb memory stick here, only one game with the Pack for 249.99e= 12.000bath. that means that over there we get it for 2000bath less than here and with a memory stick and one original game.

Not bad my friend not bad :o

But i think original games doesnt count too much this days..they are too expensive...do you understand..hehe.

But iwill say this to my friend lets see what he thinks..i think is good price. in total he is saving more or less 100e=4800bath

Thank you for your responses mate,

take care with the wine :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Dekka007,

Can you tell me how much did you get your Nintendo DS Lite from in bangkok?

Am intersted in buying one. One of my friends will be travelling so just wanted him to buy me one as well.

Thx. :o

tester

I got bored with the PSP and got a Nintendo DS Lite - Games are much better for those long flights in my opinion.

And 16-17 games on 1 1gb MicroSD. It just seems more fun than the PSP.

PSP for sale, 1.5 firmware, 2gb Memory stick, Lemmings Original game, GTA Original game- 10,000 baht send PM if you want it - In Bangkok :D