Shadow Lake / Gnau Nam

robblok

It would be cool to see you use the boat. Never seen it done. You use 40 pound braid on the Shimano baitrunner? The Cahos are actually more fun than the Bugs. They run faster and longer than the Bugs. I have more fun with the longer rod, even though it doesn't have the same power the shorter rod has. The Owner hooks are sharp but I prefer the Gamakatsku because the don't rust and I think they are stronger. You must be putting tons of pressure in order to bend the hook. It means you tie good knots.

I have found sailing my bait boat out with my line to the other side is almost a garanteed run on the rod. It might be small sawai or carp or even a big one you never know.

Its part cheating but with the bait boat i can dump groundbait and normal bait from a short rod with a reel. But i can get to the other side with just bread on my long rod and catch sawai or even carp. Big bugs will be hard on my long rod and 40lb braid.

It would be cool to see you use the boat. Never seen it done. You use 40 pound braid on the Shimano baitrunner? The Cahos are actually more fun than the Bugs. They run faster and longer than the Bugs. I have more fun with the longer rod, even though it doesn't have the same power the shorter rod has. The Owner hooks are sharp but I prefer the Gamakatsku because the don't rust and I think they are stronger. You must be putting tons of pressure in order to bend the hook. It means you tie good knots.

I have found sailing my bait boat out with my line to the other side is almost a garanteed run on the rod. It might be small sawai or carp or even a big one you never know.

Its part cheating but with the bait boat i can dump groundbait and normal bait from a short rod with a reel. But i can get to the other side with just bread on my long rod and catch sawai or even carp. Big bugs will be hard on my long rod and 40lb braid.

No I use a 65lb braid with an 85lb braid leader. Its overkill for shadow lake but it is needed for bungsamran, because of the pier.

I also have more fun with my longer rod. I got a nice long carp rod that will reach real far when casting. But now i use short rods for making sure i can land the big fish. But that is more a BSR thing. But i just like how smooth the drag is on those reels.

I find a big caho more fun then a bug, but nothing beats a real big bug strenght wise.