Can Compressed Air

chowder

I was at a 7/11 the other day and observed the computer tech using an air blower that's available at Big C, Lotus, Carefour, etc...

It seemed quite effective. However you need to take the computer outside, as it blows dust everywhere!

So... ok one thing I noticed is that there's one kind of place that has plenty of compressed air, and they're all over Thailand: Motosai shops. Any repair shop has compressed air.

So I was wondering why not just use that. Why pay 500 baht / can if you can just use the compressor in the friendly shop next door?

So... ok one thing I noticed is that there's one kind of place that has plenty of compressed air, and they're all over Thailand: Motosai shops. Any repair shop has compressed air.

So I was wondering why not just use that. Why pay 500 baht / can if you can just use the compressor in the friendly shop next door?

You would be mad to do this as you will rarely see an air compressor in Thailand at these little shops that have adequate water traps and drier units to ensure clean dry air.

moist air being blown into a PC will kill it pronto.

Edited by Spoonman

I never use a blower, too messy.

If I don't want to dismantle the machine I use the wifes vacuum cleaner on low and disturb the dust with a 1" paint brush reserved for the purpose.

With a machine in bits it's off outside with the offending part and the same paint brush, the breeze is cheaper than the canned air.

Only had a problem once, when I sucked up a loose keytop into the vacuum, all sorts of interesting items revealed upon forensic examination of the dust bag, key retrieved, everyone happy.

I purchased a can of compressed air for the first time last week in Pantip Plaza, took me 3 shops on the ground floor before I found one that stocked it,

the shop I got it from was to the left as you walk in behind KFC, they asked 300 baht got it for 230 baht.

Sorted my com out nicely, fan was making a dodgy noise before but since the clean out the noise has stopped and com seems cooler now also.

Well worth the time and money, wish I'd done it ages ago!

I never use a blower, too messy.

If I don't want to dismantle the machine I use the wifes vacuum cleaner on low and disturb the dust with a 1" paint brush reserved for the purpose.

With a machine in bits it's off outside with the offending part and the same paint brush, the breeze is cheaper than the canned air.

Only had a problem once, when I sucked up a loose keytop into the vacuum, all sorts of interesting items revealed upon forensic examination of the dust bag, key retrieved, everyone happy.

There is an even neater way: Go to the next computer shop and tell them to clean the computer.

Or the neatest way: If you know a motorbike taxi give him the computer and tell him to drive it to shop which cleans it (if sensitive data, you can take out the HD).

Super cheap, super clean super easy.

I cleaned it your ways for years till I figured that out (I have 7 computer in use and 1 standby)