Insurance Or Scam

pschef

I renewed my car insurance policy starting as from last month, since then had many phone calls. The Phone sales state my cover is not enough and should increase by more 2000 Baht, I already paid you more than 18 000.

Anyone can advise me what to do. I think I should get a new policy, yesterday the phone sales from VIRIYAH say you must cancel this policy if I don't increase the cover.

I really don’t know why this wasn’t all sorted out at the time I purchased the policy; I find this all very strange and a bit unethical from such a large company.

Do members think this a fair and legal system?

BTW Car is Toyota Avanza 1500 S 1 year old

Must agree this does sound strange. Just to get things right, you were insured with Viriyah and presumably(?) they sent you a renewal letter which you paid. Now you are saying their sales staff wants to increase your cover and so you have have to pay more premium ?

As you are a Thai Visa member may we suggest you scan and email us a copy of the policy and we will look at it and try and help you - all part of the Thai Visa service

That seems very expensive for that car, first check that if you cancel they will give you a full refund, secondly check around for another quote, I have found that living here it has always paid to deal through a broker thereby avoiding such issues but not every one likes dealing with brokers. Basically in my view they gave you a quote, you accepted the quote, paid the premium which means they accepted and entered into a contract and I do nto see how they can come back a month later and ask for more money? Why not contact our sponsor Thai Visa Insurance for some professional advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry never been back about this subject, but here it is. The company I now know to be a broker used by Toyota, after reading my comments and emails I think. Suddenly reduced the policy to just over 16.000, also the cover is higher than before. I will attach first policy for TV to look over, however alls well now. Thanks

post-953-0-74733400-1290400434_thumb.jpg

Edited by pschef

• 3 weeks later...