Pattaya Language School

mrbojangles

Been looking around for a Language School today but wanted to see if any of you gys have personal recommedations.

I'm off back to Saudi tomorrow but back in about 5 weeks and staying for about a month. I want to do about 60 hours one-to-one over that period. So if anyone knows a good tutor or has any recommendations, I would be most grateful. :jap:

Walen - they are a sponsor on here and I have only had good reports about them.

Walen emphasizes reading over conversation. So you get a class full of people of all ages and nationalities who can read very well. It's impressive. However, the teacher asks a basic question and they can't answer. Walen does not teach this. IMO, Walen should teach us 50 new words/phrases per class. Teach us how to say them properly and when to employ them. Most people couldn't care less about reading: kokai, gogai, rawrua, lawling, etc.

Great to be able to understand and be understood. In the end, the Thai you learn at school is used by nobody on the street.

School: mai pen rai (never mind). Street: mai-be-lai.

For what it's worth, I prefer speaking correctly even if the average Thai does not. To say the word pardon is: A-rai-na with a heavy roll of the R. NOBODY rolls the R. They swap it for an L. A-lai-na?