Massive Film Studio Being Built In San Khampaeng?

Andreas84

OK Now it's 2012,almost June. I thought this project had been shelved/ abandoned, but I heard yesterday from someone who might just know, that it is up and running again. This might account for the frantic buying up of all the rice paddy either side of the 1317. I live on the 1317, see the Lampang hills and it is quiet. I can't find any evidence of construction locally and I can't find any map reference or GPS coordinates to tell me where this might happen.

Does anyone have up to date information?

Could this be it ? > http://goo.gl/maps/QYrp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, I live very close to here and there is no sign of construction. All the buildings on the map are already there. There is a small factory being built nearby but the 'CNXworld' has to be on 200 -600 Rai and I can't see anything close by

This might account for the frantic buying up of all the rice paddy either side of the 1317. I live on the 1317, see the Lampang hills and it is quiet.

We also live near the 1317 & appreciate the rural feel to the area. I assumed the building up around the road was because it's the only main road leading out of the city that until now hadn't been developed. Where we live, about 1km south of 1317, the rice fields aren't being developed, they're being dug up to provide the fill to build up the housing estates. As the 1317 gets developed, & the land either side raised, it's going to be the new "San Kamphaeng Dam", blocking the southward drainage of water flowing from the north. Anyone heard of culverts under roads here? If you live north of this road, get ready for floods when the Kuang river floods next.......

I first heard this rumour about 10 years ago.... When are they going to start doing something...blink.gif

I believe this story reoccurs every few years fueld by the speculators who bought land based upon the always-soon-to-be-announced construction of the new airport out in Sankhampeng. But perhaps with Thaksin returning, the older branch of his family, major land holders in Sankampeng district, may rise again.

This might account for the frantic buying up of all the rice paddy either side of the 1317.

No it doesn't. It gets developed just like all other good roads in/out or around town. This pie in the sky investment play has little to do with it.

As the 1317 gets developed, & the land either side raised, it's going to be the new "San Kamphaeng Dam", blocking the southward drainage of water flowing from the north. Anyone heard of culverts under roads here? If you live north of this road, get ready for floods when the Kuang river floods next...

You may have noticed that all streams and small Nam Muang drains that only see water in the wet season get bridges. Water will flow just fine.

Secondly, during the recently completed widening the road level wasn't actually raised further. So it's the same as it has been the last 12 or so years

Thirdly, just last year, half of the greater Chiangmai Mai area was up to it's eyeballs in flood water. The Sankypeng Road and adjacent areas didnt flood.

Fourth, ... nah, that's it. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You may have noticed that all streams and small Nam Muang drains that only see water in the wet season get bridges. Water will flow just fine.

Secondly, during the recently completed widening the road level wasn't actually raised further. So it's the same as it has been the last 12 or so years

Thirdly, just last year, half of the greater Chiangmai Mai area was up to it's eyeballs in flood water. The Sankypeng Road and adjacent areas didnt flood.

Fourth, ... nah, that's it. wink.png

Wrong.

San Kamphaeng & the 1317 flooded at the beginning of August last year, a completely different event from the flood of Chiang Mai. The Kuang river / canal system has flooded 2001, 2006, 2012 since I've lived near its banks. It's a separate system to the Ping.

And sort your quotes out, you're quoting me as saying something another poster said....

Edited by MESmith

Wrong.

San Kamphaeng & the 1317 flooded at the beginning of August last year, a completely different event from the flood of Chiang Mai. The Kuang river / canal system has flooded 2001, 2006, 2012 since I've lived near its banks. It's a separate system to the Ping.

Didn't notice that. How far down? I'm down that road quite a bit, though not all the way to Sankamphaeng / Mae On. Not saying it didn't happen, just wondering roughly where it occurs.

And sort your quotes out, you're quoting me as saying something another poster said...

Quick-quote function doesn't seem to be enabled, so any second or further quote blocks I have to add manually so they don't get the poster's name.. I think it's clear though because the first one does have the name of the poster.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Wrong.

Didn't notice that. How far down? I'm down that road quite a bit, though not all the way to Sankamphaeng / Mae On. Not saying it didn't happen, just wondering roughly where it occurs.

And sort your quotes out, you're quoting me as saying something another poster said...

Quick-quote function doesn't seem to be enabled, so any second or further quote blocks I have to add manually so they don't get the poster's name.. I think it's clear though because the first one does have the name of the poster.

You got it wrong, it was me in the first quote. How can you be so certain that it is NOT going ahead? I was talking with a Thai lawyer and farang who have interests in houses and film making, that is whyIi raised the question again. Any definite information would be useful

BTW a lot of the land near me is either owned by Taksin's aunt or Taksin's sister Yingluck and they seem to be selling it rapidly.

You got it wrong, it was me in the first quote. How can you be so certain that it is NOT going ahead? I was talking with a Thai lawyer and farang who have interests in houses and film making, that is whyIi raised the question again.

Because they have 'launched' this and 'went ahead' with this countless times over the past 15 years. This is why I'm not holding my breath.

You can only cry wolf so many times before you get a yawn in return.

But if it's really happening, hey great.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You got it wrong, it was me in the first quote. How can you be so certain that it is NOT going ahead? I was talking with a Thai lawyer and farang who have interests in houses and film making, that is whyIi raised the question again.

Because they have 'launched' this and 'went ahead' with this countless times over the past 15 years. This is why I'm not holding my breath.

You can only cry wolf so many times before you get a yawn in return.

But if it's really happening, hey great.

t

I've not cried 'wolf' before, merely asking if there is any independent information rather than speculation. A question is not 'crying wolf',it's asking. From the lack of response it would seem not a lot is happening, but if anyone has real information- GPS coordinates/ map reference or anything I'll go and verify.

Not you of course, I mean the people who claim to be starting this venture, and issuing the same cheerful and highly ambitious press release every 12-18 months.

I agree with you, I think nothing is happening, but worth posting every two years or so just to check!. I'll post again in 2014!!!!!!

• Like 1

They are moving ahead with their plans.

Really?? do you have real information? can you let me know when, where ( especially) I'll go look !!!!!.

where did you get your information from, can you let me know?

I don't profess to be an expert on this subject, but I did live out that way for some time & was taken on a 'guided tour' of the site by a Thai local.

To my knowledge the site is in A. Mae On, NOT A. San Khampaeng. But this confusion came about because Mae On previously was part of A. San Khampaeng, but more recently the government created a new Amphur of Mae On.

Again, to my knowledge, the site chosen is in the flat & foothills of the mountain range south of Tambon On Klang, in A. Mae On.

The above info is at least 2 years old, & have no further info as to whether the project will go ahead or not.

I don't profess to be an expert on this subject, but I did live out that way for some time & was taken on a 'guided tour' of the site by a Thai local.

To my knowledge the site is in A. Mae On, NOT A. San Khampaeng. But this confusion came about because Mae On previously was part of A. San Khampaeng, but more recently the government created a new Amphur of Mae On.

Again, to my knowledge, the site chosen is in the flat & foothills of the mountain range south of Tambon On Klang, in A. Mae On.

The above info is at least 2 years old, & have no further info as to whether the project will go ahead or not.

Thanks, will go take a look

People that know....know...and people that don't...don't. I spoke with Mr. Robles and he did confirm to me this morning that things are moving along. He was at Payap University this morning giving a lecture. As was stated earlier...they are still moving forward with their plans.

Has anyone heard if Creative Kingdom is going to host the 4th of July Celebration again this year? If so, are they going to have it at the City stadium again or will they be putting it on at their new Creative Kingdom location?

Will the U.S. Consulate and/or the VFW be involved this time?

People that know....know...and people that don't...don't. I spoke with Mr. Robles and he did confirm to me this morning that things are moving along. He was at Payap University this morning giving a lecture. As was stated earlier...they are still moving forward with their plans.

Did he say when construction will begin and when the studio is scheduled to be opened? "things are moving along" is how the government describes investigations that they never intend to complete.

OK, maybe a sort of conclusion. We went out today to scout around. We got coordinates from the internet and also wandered about. Luckily we came across a young Thai who told us 'Yes it's been planned for years but nothing happens' He was also capable of drawing a map ( unlike the other Thais we asked who simply said' trong pai, mai glai' ( straight ahead, not far)' and pointed us in the wrong direction)

There is absolutely no sign of anything happening here. The 'site ( see photo) is more than 4 km from the 1317 through winding narrow cement roads that go through small villages. A very peaceful rural setting with a backdrop of the Lampun hills. To build anything of the order they are suggesting would require a major upgrade to the 1317 ( planned i think), a further approx 4 km road through the villages to get to the site. Electricity, water, waste disposal for? what 1000 or more people/ Internet access? for a film studio? Out here? My best guess is that it will never happen, it just seems set in the wrong place. It would need to be much closer in to CM and have access to better services/infrastructure. But I could be wrong. does anyone know if the land has been bought by CNX?

GPS 18.47.800 99.15.453 ( Garmin)

post-55921-0-52490100-1338651660_thumb.j

post-55921-0-70443600-1338651999_thumb.j

• Like 1

This is the old news when they ware started to build the first phase (9 Rai) http://www.oknation.net/blog/print.php?id=612010 , it is in Thai. Can someone translate from Thai to English, please?

They write so many things about this project but they have a sub-coordinate company in Chiang Mai http://ckachiangmai.com/new.html

before their office was on 8th-10th or one of this floor at Central Kad Suan Kaew but now move to Luis intersection.

If not thing change, they have project plan for 7 years (2009-2016) and what I found is in On Tai, Mae On, Sankanpaeng (no garantee info.)

and will not be only in one places (I mean in other district too, may be).

I was over there too.....glad I didn't speak with him!.... Michael Jackson, all his talking about who he know's......never heard of this guy but I'm wondering, after I did read about it, if this will ever be realised!