Massive Film Studio Being Built In San Khampaeng?

Andreas84

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tired of all the talk about people going out to look for Creative Kingdom's new location so I went for a look myself and found it on my way to where I thought it was. The location is about 800 meters north of the intersection of the 121 and the 1006 on the east side of the 121. You will know it when you see it because there is a 2x1 meter sign on the side of the road that has Creative Kingdom printed on it in large lettered English. Looking into the property there appeared to be two large buildings completed and in operation and a some more construction underway in other parts of the property.

Rummer has it that Creative Kingdom will be hosting a 4th of July celebration at this new location in July this year. However, I have not seen any advertising on it as yet and they have not returned my phone calls to them when I called to inquire about it. But if they do hold a 4th of July event there, it will be a good chance to see what they are doing out there.

Thank you Mr Bob, you've saved me a lot of petrol on wild goose chases. The site is much smaller than the ambitious one they have on their website ( maybe they should take it down to avoid confusion?) and my guess is that there might not be any ( or not many) houses, the site is much smaller so maybe we will be spared the 'Spanish villas etc. Happy too that the land around Mae On will stay as it is for a while yet. As you say, there are two buildings which I guess will be the studios. I've taken some snaps

post-55921-0-31143200-1338703005_thumb.j

post-55921-0-15488300-1338703103_thumb.j

post-55921-0-39520100-1338703231_thumb.j

The Creative Kingdom location talked about above is the new location of their offices - it is not CNXWood. As I said in my previous post - They are moving ahead with their plans.

The Creative Kingdom location talked about above is the new location of their offices - it is not CNXWood. As I said in my previous post - They are moving ahead with their plans.

The site is clearly not just an office, it looks like studios ( or aircraft hangars!!) not an office block. Some more useful information about CNX wood rather than just an assertion would be welcome, please provide!

Edited by msg362

Now that you guys have all of this intelligence on Creative Kingdom, what do you plan to do now?rolleyes.gif

Sit back, relax and know that 2000 Disneyworld addicts won't be driving past my front door!

Too quick typing more than thinking, my fout. Thank you.

'Moving ahead with the project' = 'Trying to secure funding', which indeed has been in progress, and therefore indeed 'progressing' for the last 15 years.

Hey, on a geological time scale that's not even that long. Whole mountain ranges may have formed there when it's completed. :rolleyes:

'Moving ahead with the project' = 'Trying to secure funding', which indeed has been in progress, and therefore indeed 'progressing' for the last 15 years.

Hey, on a geological time scale that's not even that long. Whole mountain ranges may have formed there when it's completed. rolleyes.gif

Not only mountain ranges. The proposed new International Airport is sheduled for that neck of the CNX Woods, right on the CM-Lamphun provincial border!

Couple that with their very early news that most of the "film studio" would be open air (not enclosed in large buildings) and you have "action" punctuated by very loud aircraft noise every 15 minutes, or so.

Was it one of the big scenes in 'Cleopatra' that had a jet vapour trail running across the sky?

I think it's high time these folk put up or shut up.

Did Mr Robles tell you that they have 'options' on the land, not chenorts? No, I guess not.

I think it's great for Chiang Mai they are doing there project here. It will create lots of jobs for this region in the future.

I agree, the new site seems a lot more realistic and located in a sensible place.

Is it too much of a stretch to imagine that CNXWood will never go ahead and this may be why Thaksin family are selling up in that area... moving on to better 'bets'?

Given global financial instability and the poor location (so far out of CNX) I would consider it dead in the water. If they were talking Mae Rim area..... THAT would have a chance of finding investors.

As an aside, who owns Land and House Company? The Serenity Lakes project's a whopper.... a truly International standard of development.