Pattaya Under New Curfew

bartender100

i was also trying to find some info on the matter. I get sms from Insomnia saying 2am.

Last night some guys in soi 7 mentioned that the other night there were lots of fights so the street was closed early-do not know how reliable that information is.

There is no info anywhere on the matter and the reasons for it.

The only thing can think of possibly is a change of chief of police or may be a visit from BKK.

So lets hope when all the jokers on this forum go to bed, people with some information might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Just an update to what i manged to get. No one has any definitive information but appears BKK police are in town. It may all blow over by tomorrow, because if it does not, this high season may end up being little low season for Pattaya anyway. Places like insomnia and Mixxx or Marine do not get going until 2am

So lets hope when all the jokers on this forum go to bed, people with some information might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Three hours and twenty-four minutes, and counting....... make that 23 minutes, and counting......

My grandma used to tell my sister, "the only thing open past midnight is your legs."

Always got a kick out of that. Though, I somehow don't think old granny knew anything about Pattaya when making such a statement.

To us guys who like to stop out till 7am yes this is a problem

2am on Saturday night. Marine 2 is open though the crowd is farely sparse. Beer bars and pool centres open too though with the lights dimmed.

Agree with comment about long times should be taken out early unless you get them to stay until late afternoon.

A bar owner in the LK Metro area told me that it's a 5 day crackdown by Bangkok Police, nothing the Pattaya cops can do about it. Bars in that area (Club Blu was mentioned) had also been raided, so it's not specific to Walking Street. He said they are enforcing 2:00 AM closing. So expect this to continue for 3 more nights, though it's possible they may get bored and clear off early back to the smoke and grime in Bangkok.

A bar owner in the LK Metro area told me that it's a 5 day crackdown by Bangkok Police, nothing the Pattaya cops can do about it. Bars in that area (Club Blu was mentioned) had also been raided, so it's not specific to Walking Street. He said they are enforcing 2:00 AM closing. So expect this to continue for 3 more nights, though it's possible they may get bored and clear off early back to the smoke and grime in Bangkok.

Yeah thats what i gathered also, i think by Monday all will be back to normal(lets hope so)so all of us the bad people who do not go to sleep at 9pm can go out and have some fun

What happened to the clean approach and enforcement of regulations from the new Pattaya police chief? Didn't he start off by raiding the pervert gathering points first and have those famous perp walks? Don't tell me that this champion of law enforcement has gone over to the darkside?

What happened to the clean approach and enforcement of regulations from the new Pattaya police chief? Didn't he start off by raiding the pervert gathering points first and have those famous perp walks? Don't tell me that this champion of law enforcement has gone over to the darkside?

How else would he pay for his new position?smile.gif

Bill Clinton is also in the country, so possibly they want to make Pattaya look "nice" if he decided to drop by for an oral check ups :lol:

That could be good news - maybe they'll reopen Clinton Plaza? :)

Definitely a more worthy contribution to solving poverty issues than all that touchy-feely Clinton Foundation stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Clinton is also in the country, so possibly they want to make Pattaya look "nice" if he decided to drop by for an oral check upslaugh.gif

Something tells me that Clinton wouldn't venture within 100 km of Pattaya -- imagine what the media would do with that! (flashing between pictures of him, Lewinski's bar and .....) I am sure that he can find all he needs (or someone can find it for him) in the City of Angels. There is most definitely another (better) explanation for the "early" forced closings....

Bill Clinton is also in the country, so possibly they want to make Pattaya look "nice" if he decided to drop by for an oral check upslaugh.gif

There is most definitely another (better) explanation for the "early" forced closings....

and that explanation would be ????

You make it sound like Bangkok police were getting bored and decided to do some policiing in Pattaya. It must be some higher authority task force that are stationed in Bangkok, not Bangkok police.