What Visa Is Best?

Hey Guys,

Stumbled on this forum after lots of searching for visa info - but no idea whats my best option, would really appreciate some pointers.

Ok so I'm a UK citizen and wish to go to thailand ideally for around a year. I've no problem with leaving the country every now and then, but obviously the least i need to do this the better.

My reason for going to thai is I've been working like a dog since 16, and now I'm in a position for some much deserved time out.

I won't need to work whilst in thai as I get reqular payments from projects I have setup in the uk over the last few years. At the most perhaps id be sending the odd email here and there.

Looking in the long term tho, I would eventually be wanting to setup a business in thailand, but thats a long way off - and i would prob return to the uk first before setting anything up - however I would probably be doing some research into that whilst im there.

I would be staying with my girlfriend (thai) so wouldn't have to worry about accommodation for the time im there.

All advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Looking in the long term tho, I would eventually be wanting to setup a business in thailand

How does a farang (foreigner) make a small fortune in Thailand?

He starts with a large one!

Seriously, best of luck, sorry I can't help with advice on the visa.