Sending Fresh Vegetables To England

jes5133

Hi this is very random but my Mum is Thai and lives in the UK and I want to send some papaya and other bits to her does anyone know how can do this cheaply?

I checked with one place and it was 4000bht just thought would ask on here as always very helpful ;) Thanks

I am certain that your mother has already sourced all sorts of Thai herbs and vegetables from her local Asian shop in the UK, there is a lot of good stuff available including fruit.

I really do not think that sending her a Pappaya through the post is a good idea, especially if it costs 4,000 THB.

I am certain that your mother has already sourced all sorts of Thai herbs and vegetables from her local Asian shop in the UK, there is a lot of good stuff available including fruit.

I really do not think that sending her a Pappaya through the post is a good idea, especially if it costs 4,000 THB.

Most plants, vegetables, fruits etc, you are not allowed to import into countries I doubt that the Post Office or courier can deliver on the receiving end, due to customs regulations.

• 3 weeks later...

More to do with quarantine regulations.I do not know about G.B., but absolutely no food products are allowed into Aust..It is a really big and serious NoNo.Pretty much all Asian foods are quite readily available in countries in which Asians live.

More to do with quarantine regulations.I do not know about G.B., but absolutely no food products are allowed into Aust..It is a really big and serious NoNo.Pretty much all Asian foods are quite readily available in countries in which Asians live.

:rolleyes:

I don't know about the U.K. either but the U.S. would confiscate any food or agricultural products sent by a private individual...based on the U.S. laws preventing importation of any plant products that might have a disease or parisites that could spread into agricultural products in the U.S. All food shipments need to be certified and checked as disease or parisite free.

I've seen Papaya being sold in a Greek supermarket, although to be fair they were pitiful looking specimens that I would laugh at in Thailand if offered for sale here.

:rolleyes:

There's at least a couple of on-line Thai shops in the UK. I use the following:

www.thai-food-online.co.uk

PS

Where do shops like these get their Thai vegs from? A lot from Thailand I suppose. I suppose they have to pay for some licence or other to the government....which then makes it allright.

Edited by Hadrian1