Rama 9 Park (Srinakorin)

bkkmick

Hi

After dropping my kids to school I normally arrive at Rama 9 park to take an hours (doctor recommended) walk. I usually arrive about 8:10 and leave around 9am.

This morning the guard had closed the gates and said that the park was only open from 5am to 8am. When I asked if it was every day he said yes.

I went to an alternative entrance (behind Paradise Park), locked up the car and tried to walk in. Another guard said that nobody can enter after 8am!?

Does anyone have any contact information for a parks authority (phone number or website) so that I can check if this is a temporary or permanent thing.

Cheers

Mick

Thanks for that guys. My Mrs. reckons that it might be to do with preparation for Loi Krathong. I will ask tomorrow. I seen that Bung Nong Bon reservoir from Google Earth. Looks quite good. I'll try that too. I like Rama 9 park in the morning as there are a lot of people there doing all sorts of exercise (Tai Chi, stuff with fans and swords etc). Good distraction.

Thanks for that guys. My Mrs. reckons that it might be to do with preparation for Loi Krathong. I will ask tomorrow. I seen that Bung Nong Bon reservoir from Google Earth. Looks quite good. I'll try that too. I like Rama 9 park in the morning as there are a lot of people there doing all sorts of exercise (Tai Chi, stuff with fans and swords etc). Good distraction.

Nong bon also has a water sports center, sailing,windsurfing,kayaking all for 40 bht per year ;) not many thais use it...fear of the dreaded dark skin and the few who do dress as if going on a skiing holiday :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by tingtongfarang