Visa Success

Visa Success :o:D:D:D

Pleased to announce my Wife Oi received her visa to join me in England today.

Interview 08.45, 30 minuets, NO PROBLEM

Thanks to all on Thai Visa for Information and Help received.

Regards

Ivan & Oi

:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the Good Wishes people and once again thanks to all for the help and advice received from Thai Visa. :o

Now that Oi has calmed down a little she has sent a list of the questions asked at her Interview.

Copy below, hope it helps others. (Married more than once hence divorce questions)

Interview conducted in Thai, just a few questions in English at end of Interview

Oi’s English is quite good but gave her extra time to think. :D

Regards

Ivan

:D

Questions asked at Visa Interview

1. First time we met

2. How we me

3. Where we met

4. Where you live

5. How old are you

6. Why I marry with you cause we met not long time

7. Your husband can speak Thai

8. About your family

9. Name your son and daughter

10. How old you son and daughter

11. Your husband stay alone

12. Where your work

13. What about your work

14. How many year your work

15. What about business your company

16. If you stay in England what do you do?

17. When you born

18. When we married

19. How many time you divorce

20. How many time you married

21. When the last time you divorce

22. Why you divorce

23. What is name ex-wife

24. Why I decide marry with you

25. How many time you come to Thailand

26. How long you stay in Thailand when you come for holiday

27. What number your mobile phone

28. What number your home telephone

Ivan (or anybody else that can help)

I read on another thread that the Mrs needs a medical certificate before she enters the country or they will give her one at the airport. If my Mrs is successful i don't want her entry to the UK marred by being "checked over" at the airport. What is the procedure for having it done prior to flying? I.E. Is there a standard form that any Doctor can give her, that is acceptable at Passport control, not in Thai for obvious reasons.

Also, is the Visa, if successful, available on the day of the interview? Or is there a wait i.e 5 working days?

Cheers

MrBoJ

Anyone wishing to stay in the UK longer than 6 months should, in theory, be referred to the airport doctor by the immigration officer. In practice, this is rather haphazard as half of the time the immigration officer can't be bothered. However, if your wife is seen, then its a formality. The quack just takes names, addresses, and makes sure you haven't got TB. If someone were to have TB, they would not be refused entry, but rather the doctor would ensure they get treatment if not already receiving it.

Even if your wife were to have a medical report, she should still be referred to the doctor. A report will just mean less of a delay.

Scouse.

Also, is the Visa, if successful, available on the day of the interview? Or is there a wait i.e 5 working days?
They usually ask you to return the following day to collect your passport with the visa in it.

Scouse, any idea why the ECOs make absolutely no mention of the medical requirement when issuing a long term visa? The first we found out about it was on arrival at Heathrow when the IO told us to go to the medical centre, where we had to wait for over three hours! :o

BTW, posts on another website seem to indicate that if you arrive at Heathrow, especially Terminal 3, the chances of being sent for a medical are fairly high, whereas if you arrive at another airport it is unlikely that a medical will be required.

Scouse, any idea why the ECOs make absolutely no mention of the medical requirement when issuing a long term visa? The first we found out about it was on arrival at Heathrow when the IO told us to go to the medical centre, where we had to wait for over three hours!  :o

BTW, posts on another website seem to indicate that if you arrive at Heathrow, especially Terminal 3, the chances of being sent for a medical are fairly high, whereas if you arrive at another airport it is unlikely that a medical will be required.

The only reason I can think of is that the visa officers themselves are unaware of the requirement (unless they are a seconded immigration officer). When I worked at Gatwick, we referred very few people to the doctor (PMI). There was, however, one chief immigration officer who was married to one of the PMI nurses, so whenever he was on duty he made sure we sent everyone, otherwise he got it in the neck from his missus.

In theory, seeing the port doctor is to the passenger's advantage, as the PMI should write to their local health authority advising them that the passenger is able to register with a GP. The local health authority should then contact the passenger and invite them to register.

In my own personal experience, if you want to avoid seeing the PMI, go to Manchester, as that's where my wife entered the UK on her settlement visa, and she wasn't referred.

Scouse.

The only reason I can think of is that the visa officers themselves are unaware of the requirement
That does surprise me, as the requirement is clearly laid out in Paras 36 to 39 of the immigration rules! Particularly Para 39
39. The Entry Clearance Officer has the same discretion as an Immigration Officer to refer applicants for entry clearance for medical examination and the same principles will apply to the decision whether or not to issue an entry clearance.
Thanks for the reply, Scouse, but I'm even more baffled by this now!

Bear in mind an ECO is a jack-of-all-trades. Whilst in Paris he may be the management officer responsible for the day-to-day running of the embassy and when in Bangkok, a visa officer. The training course for ECOs is only of 1 week's duration and doesn't cover the "less important" aspects of the immigration rules.

Scouse.

Ivan (or anybody else that can help)

I read on another thread that the Mrs needs a medical certificate before she enters the country or they will give her one at the airport. If my Mrs is successful i don't want her entry to the UK marred by being "checked over" at the airport. What is the procedure for having it done prior to flying? I.E. Is there a standard form that any Doctor can give her, that is acceptable at Passport control, not in Thai for obvious reasons.

Cheers

MrBoJ

Hi BJ

Certificate not mandatory but makes things easier,

Oi will have a medical in Thailand 2 days before flying including X Ray and will bring with her, (her choice, very shy)

Visa granted at 09.30 and she collected at 15.00 same day.

Good luck for your Visa, Don’t time drag!! :D

Just read Dr PP's Post

Oi is Flying Thai and will arrive at terminal 3? :o

Will double check :D

Regards

Ivan

:D