Britains Debt Mountain

no country refinances government debt at lower rates than Japan (since two decades).

1Y JGB 0.14%

5Y JGB 0.39%

10Y JGB 1.07%

http://www.bloomberg...nt-bonds/japan/

Japan easily finances the government debt domestically. They do not rely on foreign countries to buy their debt, although China has started to buy some Japanes debt in order to diversify their FX reserve holdings.

And Japan has had serious deflation for 20 years now, prices in Yen are so much less than they used to be for almost everything, hotels, clothes etc.

Western countries, especially the UK and the US, do not finance all of their debt domestically.

Having had Uk and US girlfriends before and a Japanese wife now, I can see why! :blink: :jap:

Edited by ianguygil

Why don't you do a better job then hotshot and give us your expert valuation on the UKs property value :D

the ratio UK property value / UK debt is as relevant for the debt as is the number of tadpoles in my pond for the exchange rate Angolan Kwanza vs. Papua New Guinea Shrinkhead. should i be bored one day i will go down to Jomtien Beach and try to estimate the number of sand grains per linear km beachline at low tide.

So why do you seem to cast doubt on the documentary's estimate when you yourself haven't a bloody clue!

so why don't you understand simple english to realise that i did not talk about having clues but about relevance? :huh:

What are you wittering on about?

Relevance is irrelevant when I was pointing out you seem to know more than a documentary makers who've obviously done their homework, researched it.

Along comes a has-been keyboard warrior with a klingon avatar claiming to have near-omnescient insights into the financial world. :D

You, as a German expat can't understand english well enough to get the hang of irony :)

Well, I've had enough of time-wasting with has-beens.

Naam, you're blocked and I'm glad to see the back of you. I advise all others who want a break from his bs to do the same :)

Edited by mitsubishi

Relevance is irrelevant when I was pointing out you seem to know more than a documentary makers who've obviously done their homework, researched it.

Along comes a has-been keyboard warrior with a klingon avatar claiming to have near-omnescient insights into the financial world. :D

You, as a German expat can't understand english well enough to get the hang of irony :)

Naam, you're blocked and I'm glad to see the back of you. I advise all others who want a break from his bs to do the same :)

And with those ill chosen words the future and credibility of the small Japanese pick-up truck was instantly destroyed as hundreds of TV posters reached simultaneously for the ignore button, removing the put put puts of the small truck from their view for ever more.

And with those ill chosen words the future and credibility of the small Japanese pick-up truck was instantly destroyed as hundreds of TV posters reached simultaneously for the ignore button, removing the put put puts of the small truck from their view for ever more.

no need for the ignore button. some clowns can be quite entertaining, especially when they ridicule themselves without realising it :lol: