Russian Beguiled By Pattaya Sirens And Robbed Of Bt10M In Valuables

Rimmer

Russian Beguiled By Pattaya Sirens and Robbed of Bt10m in Valuables

PATTAYA: -- Two Pattaya ladies seduced a rich Russian into taking them to his room at the Royal Cliff, where they gave him a drugged drink and robbed him of Bt10 Million in valuables.

Pattaya, November 16, 2010, [PDN]: A wealthy Russian real estate agent staying at the Royal Cliff Beach Resort took two ladies, who had met in Walking Street’s Sirens’ Bar, up to his room at the exclusive hotel, hoping to have an energetic session, yesterday evening, Nov15. However, rather than savouring the ladies’ delights, the man was administered a Mickey Finn, which effectively knocked him out, allowing the two ladies to steal valuables to the tune of Bt10 million, namely a ruby ring, a diamond watch, a bracelet, a necklace and a few other valuable items.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Wow...should be some really nice goods available for cheap at the local pawnshops and the ladies new-found wealth and spending will add a little kicker to the local economy :lol:

I just can't muster up much sympathy for men who party with strumpets and wake-up the worse for wear afterward.

Very good business man, travels to one of the most well known rip of sites of the world, with 10 million baht/300,000+ dollars in baubles. I would think his home country has provisions for safe keeping of such items, as he seemed not to have been wearing them. Wonder what type of real estate he deals in? Possibly 6 ft. X 2 ft. X 6 ft.

There was a similar drugging story in Thairath a couple of weeks ago concerning a 67 year-old former Japanese policeman on holiday in Thailand. He met a Thai woman in Khaosan Rd in BKK who persuaded him to take a trip to Cambodia with her. Before they left they went for a meal in a restaurant in BKK where his food was drugged. The last he remembers is meeting up with 2 other Thai girls and a Thai man and driving off in a car.

He was later found abandoned, drugged and confused in a hotel room in Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaew, on the Thai-Cambodia border, with 200,000 Baht of his money and valuables missing.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xntsiFMfC5wJ:www.thairath.co.th/content/region/124890+site:thairath.co.th+%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3+%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99+%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=th

Edited by katana

Apparently these small in room safes are very easy to open, if you know what your doing, i am not going to post, but just search google and you will see.

I have stayed at a number of hotels here and also a hospital room...all the safes are the same type as mine. they have a master combination which you should change..did they no..So I could open the safe with the master combination........

How do you think the hotels open them when you forget the combo ??

Wow - yeah that puts *that* into perspective, thanks. That means the safe is the worst place to put valuables. Luckily theft is pretty rare in Thailand.

Hope he had a good travel insurance :P ....kidding... no way he's lost that much.

No doubt a case of '' Beers in, wits out coupled with ( or hopefully in his eyes) with the fact that, "A standing pr**k has no conscience.''

My personal thoughts are that the fellow is trying to pull a scam of sorts.

Does the Royal Cliff allow "Visitors" up to the rooms these days? I thought Pattaya was trying to attract high quality tourists. I guess Pattaya on the way up must have passed the Royal Cliff on the way down.

If they allowed these guests in and didn't take their I.D. cards they should be shot but then he very likely snuck them in.

Whatever, he is a very silly Boris assuming it is a genuine case and I can't imagine holiday insurance stetching to that tidy sum.

UPDATE

Russian allegedly robbed by two females at 5 star Pattaya Hotel

PATTAYA: -- A Russian tourist was allegedly drugged and robbed of a substantial amount in his hotel room after taking two Thai ladies back to engage in sexual activities for money. A 46-year-old Russian national named Valeri Gribunov woke up on Tuesday morning with a bit of a sore head in his room at the Royal Cliff Beach resort in south Pattaya. He quickly realized he was alone and had been robbed.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-11-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

reminds me of a story I heard from a British man, about 4 years ago. When he first went to Bkk, he stayed at a hotel (don't know what 'class') he asked the receptionist whether he could keep some money in the hotel safe. The receptionist said something like, "no problem, each room has its own safe." The Brit went upstairs solo, put a wad of cash in his room's safe. While showering, there was a knock at his door. Two thugs charged in and knocked the Brit to the floor, forcing him to open the safe. I don't know whether there were repercussions for the receptionist or the hotel itself. The story was garnered from a brief conversation without conclusion, as the Brit was called away by friends.

Incidentally, I've been with more than a few Thai and Burmese 'ladies of the night' and have never had anything stolen, except for a Shania Twayne cassette - oh, and maybe my heart strings felt 'stolen' for a bit. Just goes to show, if you hang in grungy bottom feeding places like Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket, you're more likely to get ripped off by ladies and pseudo ladies of the night, than if you go for the quality items up north where I hang out. Maybe I shouldn't advertise the fact.

Edited by brahmburgers

Now why is it that I don't feel the slightest sympathy for poor old Valeri?

Nice to see that the dregs of Pattaya have screwed one of the dregs of Russia!

Now where were we with TAT's dream of high-class tourists enjoying the high-class delights of Pattaya?

Wow - yeah that puts *that* into perspective, thanks. That means the safe is the worst place to put valuables. Luckily theft is pretty rare in Thailand.

Hope he had a good travel insurance :P ....kidding... no way he's lost that much.

Hotel staff should know a fake I.D and they have the combination to the safe ummm mind boggles

reminds me of a story I heard from a British man, about 4 years ago. When he first went to Bkk, he stayed at a hotel (don't know what 'class') he asked the receptionist whether he could keep some money in the hotel safe. The receptionist said something like, "no problem, each room has its own safe." The Brit went upstairs solo, put a wad of cash in his room's safe. While showering, there was a knock at his door. Two thugs charged in and knocked the Brit to the floor, forcing him to open the safe. I don't know whether there were repercussions for the receptionist or the hotel itself. The story was garnered from a brief conversation without conclusion, as the Brit was called away by friends.

Incidentally, I've been with more than a few Thai and Burmese 'ladies of the night' and have never had anything stolen, except for a Shania Twayne cassette - oh, and maybe my heart strings felt 'stolen' for a bit. Just goes to show, if you hang in grungy bottom feeding places like Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket, you're more likely to get ripped off by ladies and pseudo ladies of the night, than if you go for the quality items up north where I hang out. Maybe I shouldn't advertise the fact.

Now that I don't believe. Someone stole your Shania Twayne cassette? Are you sure you didn't drug them and slip it into thier pocket.:D

Yes..but to leave it at 011223 is pretty stupid. They should change it to something else!! Nearly every body and his dog knows that number, well those who have that type of safe do and now also all who read this!!!!!!!!!!!!! And also they give you a master key just in case all else fails! It is probably a different one for each safe, personally I have never tried my key on another safe of the same type so can't comment.

Actually it's not quite as simple as typing in that number...you have to press two other buttons first.

Quote:-

He related that the pair had been extremely attractive, friendly and seductive, to the extent that he decided to invite them back to his exclusive hotel room, agreeing to pay them Bt1,500 each. Mr.Valerii told the police that he thought he had a good deal at the price.

Unquote.

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is.  As to the value of his losses, would anybody in their right mind believe an estate agent?

Does the Royal Cliff allow "Visitors" up to the rooms these days? I thought Pattaya was trying to attract high quality tourists. I guess Pattaya on the way up must have passed the Royal Cliff on the way down.

If they allowed these guests in and didn't take their I.D. cards they should be shot but then he very likely snuck them in.

Whatever, he is a very silly Boris assuming it is a genuine case and I can't imagine holiday insurance stetching to that tidy sum.

According to the news report the girls did have ID cards, which the hotel copied, but they were later found to be fake.