What Is Best Visa For Me

Hi everybody, I have been a regular tourist to Thailand but now my circumstances are going to change as my Thai partner is having our baby in mid March (we are not married).

I will be in Thailand from Dec 8th to 29th then again for at least two months from Feb 28th. My child is due to be born on March 18th and I will be in Thailand for at least a month after the birth. I will still have to work for about 8 months of the year in the UK initially so what do you think the best visa is for me?

Thanks, Gerry

If you have a reurn ticket, you don't need a visa for the first visit, you can make a "visa exempt" entry of 30 days. For the the second visit you can get a "Tourist Visa", good for an entry of 60 days, and that stay can be extended by another 30 days for 1900 Baht.

Edited by beechguy

Above are the easiest and cheapest, alternatively get a 1 yr Multi entry Non O visa and you can go back and forth whenever you want for as long as you like (max stay 90 days at any one time before needing to leave and re-enter Thailand again to start another 90 days.)Non O have to be obtained outside of Thailand ideally in your country of origin.

Hull would turn one around for you in about 7 days by post. You would need as Lite beer says below "your GF address"......

Edited by CharlieH

As said Tourist Visa would work.

A Non Imm O Visa multi entry would cost £100 and would mean that you could come and go as you please for up to 15 months if you time it right.

Apply to the Thai Consulate in Hull by post.

Download the application pack from their website. All you would need to provide would be your GFs address. No need for a letter from her.

The choice is yours.

Hull Consulate.

As said Tourist Visa would work.

A Non Imm O Visa multi entry would cost £100 and would mean that you could come and go as you please for up to 15 months if you time it right.

Apply to the Thai Consulate in Hull by post.

Download the application pack from their website. All you would need to provide would be your GFs address. No need for a letter from her.

The choice is yours.

Hull Consulate.

I am considering to apply for a Non Imm O visa at Hull myself, so my apologies for piggy-backing off the OP's original post. And most likely this is a silly question, and somewhere on the forum I could find the answer, but here you go anyway: do I need to have a UK address if I apply by post, or could I apply from my current address here in Thailand? Thank you.