Where Can I Rent A Tiny Little Safe Or Make A Deposit For My Key?

Dutchman6

There's an office/shop with a name that begins "99..." that has small security boxes which you can rent by the month (or even week perhaps).

If you stand on the other side of Second Road and look across at the VC Hotel, this office/shop is to the right. It's the first shop up the road or alley immediately to the right of the hotel. It may even be set into the side of the hotel.

It was there the last time I looked. Which was maybe a year ago.

I used it for a couple of months about 4 years ago. Seemed legit and trustworthy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AbeSurd

Insert the key into a loop of black shoe lace and hang it around your neck. The key will always go where your head goes. Even during bath and toilet periods...

This was a trick we learnt during army training...

In thailand there are times you do not want your key to go where your head goes. If you get robbed you are giving them the lot.

Insert the key into a loop of black shoe lace and hang it around your neck. The key will always go where your head goes. Even during bath and toilet periods...

This was a trick we learnt during army training...

In thailand there are times you do not want your key to go where your head goes. If you get robbed you are giving them the lot.

Only if the robbers know where the lock is, that the key fits. Otherwise it's useless to the robbers. B)

My apartments have started charging 50THB to 'borrow' a spare key, which I object to, so I spent 60THB on spare keys which I have never had cause to use since rolleyes.gif

I keep the spares attached to my passport wallet on a lanyard around my neck, but I still very occasionally forget these.

In the UK car accessory shops sell small magnetic boxes that you can use to store your car keys, attaching then to the chassis or up in the engine compartment.

Some mailbox companies permit 24/7 access. The mail boxes are openly accessible from the rear by shop staff, but if you just left a small envelope in there, I doubt if they's put 2 and 2 together, but then again they might.

Just some thoughts...