Double Entry Visa Advice

sorry if this question has been covered before but i would like a definitive answer. i am a UK passport holder who arrived in thailand on oct 28 and my return flight is on mar 9 so i have around 130 days here. i purchased a double entry visa from the Royal Thai consulate in Birmingham before i left the UK so in theory just need to obtain a 15 day extension to add to the first or second block of 60 days to cover me. the question is i would like to visit laos and vietnam while i am here but as it is only a double entry visa then am i somewhat restricted because if for example i go to laos only 30 days into the first block and return a week later then my second period of 60 days starts on the day of return to thailand and in effect i would lose 23 days from the first block. am i missing the point somewhere or is there a way around this?

many thanks

You can protect your entry stamp with a re-entry permit, 1000 Baht from immigration.

Note, this does not change the date on your last entry stamp, just prevents it from being cancelled when you exit. Make sure you're back in Thailand before that date so you can get your 30 day extension.

ok. thanks for advice. These re-entry permits can be purchased in advance or paperwork must be done when leaving/entering thailand? if available in advance i imagine i can go to immigration near the airport in chiang mai which is where i am based at the moment

cheers