Too Sick To Do A Visa Run

Hi,

my friend is unwell and says he can't travel to do a visa run .

he says he's going into hospital to have a small o.p and will be fine in a week or two but that's too late for his visa run.

is there anything he can do to save fines and the cancelling of his second double entry tourist visa ?

he has already extended the first entry by 1 month and his visa expires in 4 days ,

i think he maybe in hospital today or tomorrow.

any advice please,

thank you,

chris,

he would need a signed letter , complete with the hospital heading on.

confirming he has been hospitalised ,, and including his expected

fit for travel date. present this to immigration , and hope for the best.

bhart at the ready . :jap:

Before your friend's current permission to stay expires, go with the medical certificate plus the regularly required papers to the immigration office and file an application for extension of stay on his behalf for medical reasons. The medical certificate should state the the patient is unable to travel for x days. Your friend should sign the application form and give you a note authorising you to submit it on his behalf. IMPORTANT: submit the application before the expiration of his permission to stay.

Some big hospitals have their own staff to handle these immigration matters for their patients.

From Police Order 777/2551.

2.25 In the case of medical

treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician

responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

Most of the bigger hospitals in the greater Bangkok area (Bumrungrad, Samitivej, St Louis, BNH, to name a few) all have offices which deal with immigrations on a patients behalf to secure extensions of stay based on medical reasons, so a trip to immigrations in person isn't usually necessary if you're staying in one of them. In fact Bumrungrad has so many extension applications each week that an immigration official visits THEM instead of the hospital running the paperwork out to Changwattana!

As has been posted, nothing can be done about the second entry on the actual visa as the expiration date is cut in stone. A medical extension of stay would stop any potential overstay fines though, until he is 'fit for travel' again.

My visa 1 year extension based on marriage actually expired today. I had planned to fly to KL and apply for a non imm 1 yr multiple entry visa , having moved to new house and not selling town-house yet. Thereby inducing a slight cashflow problem.

But you never know what's around the corner!

An accident caused me to recently spend 9 days in a Govt. hospital. And I have nothing but praise for the staff there.

I had to have a right hip joint implant. Now my stepdaughter calls me,'Mr Titanium Man.'

My wife and I were at Changwattana Imm. on Wednesday.

You require;

Passport and copies of data and ext. stamp pages.

1 recent passport type photo.

Medical cert. with hospital logo. and signed by your Doctor.

Your Doctor should state the purpose of your hospital incarceration and indicate why you should not be travelling yet.

He should give a recommendation as to when in his opinion, travel may be permitted.

The female officer we saw was actually very polite and friendly and it was all over in 10 minutes.

We also had to make a quick visit to the doctor, [next to 90 day report room.]

The officer said that my wife could have turned up alone, but extra details should be on the cert.

I was stamped to Jan. 9. which I thought was pretty good.

My visa 1 year extension based on marriage actually expired today. I had planned to fly to KL and apply for a non imm 1 yr multiple entry visa , having moved to new house and not selling town-house yet. Thereby inducing a slight cashflow problem.

But you never know what's around the corner!

An accident caused me to recently spend 9 days in a Govt. hospital. And I have nothing but praise for the staff there.

I had to have a right hip joint implant. Now my stepdaughter calls me,'Mr Titanium Man.'

My wife and I were at Changwattana Imm. on Wednesday.

You require;

Passport and copies of data and ext. stamp pages.

Skydive77

Not a PFL vs a PLF, I hope!! I had one of the former lots of years ago, 11 days at the BNH.

Mac

USPA C-1462