British Embassy Outsourcing

TheMysteriousMrTesla

My initial post was to reinforce what others have said about his suitability, from the Thai perspective, not from the British.

Please, it's an anonymous internet forum. At least have the balls to be honest about your racism; trying to pass it off as just doing the Thais a favour is risible.

Whoever said anything about "Doing the Thais a favour"? It would help if you learnt to read what is written and not make things up.

No matter what you may think I am not in the least racist and have not made a racist remark in this thread.

It is Britain that is most likely to lose if he gets appointed as ambassador. The Thais will not take him as seriously as they would a caucasian. Right or wrong it is a fact. Wake up and smell the roses. It is not racist it is just the way it is. If Britain wishes to experiment in appointing a member of its minority ethnic groups to a senior diplomatic position I suggest they try elsewhere. Perhaps another multicultural country with an asian minority.

Edited by KKK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no fan of the Embassy myself, but I'm clearly a bit dense so help me out here.

They have appointed a care-taker ambassador until a permanent one is found.............

Spell it out for me, where is the irony?

The OP seems to have got it into his head that this Asif Ahmad is not British but Pakistani. A quick look and I see nothing to suggest this other than his name, skin colour and the statement "Asif has lived in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Japan and China", but he's not accused of being Japanese either...blink.gif

Appointing people who have experience of other foreign-countries, whatever will the UK Foreign-Office think of, next ? :thumbsup: