Nice Fonts In Linux Browser

Crushdepth

Is there a way to get nice looking fonts in a Linux browser? I've got Mandrake 10 and Firefox. I find it very difficult to read - they look like there's no antialiasing or something.

Thanks.

Well, I have excellent fonts in Firefox, Konqueror and Opera, on all SuSE versions. And mandrake should do the same.

Now, do you have this font problem in all applications, or just in Firefox?

I assume you run KDE with mandrake. So if it is in firefox but not in other KDE applications this is a good pointer to where to look for the problem. Browse to the same page with konqueror, and see if the fonts look different.

Then check also other non kde applications, such as Open Office, or the Gimp. How do the fonts look there?

This info will help us to see where the problem could be. :o

Is there a way to get nice looking fonts in a Linux browser? I've got Mandrake 10 and Firefox. I find it very difficult to read - they look like there's no antialiasing or something.

Thanks.

Well, I have excellent fonts in Firefox, Konqueror and Opera, on all SuSE versions. And mandrake should do the same.

Now, do you have this font problem in all applications, or just in Firefox?

I assume you run KDE with mandrake. So if it is in firefox but not in other KDE applications this is a good pointer to where to look for the problem. Browse to the same page with konqueror, and see if the fonts look different.

Then check also other non kde applications, such as Open Office, or the Gimp. How do the fonts look there?

This info will help us to see where the problem could be. :D

hi'

right, I have Suse 9.3(a wonder) and manndriva on another machine they both have firefox and no problem so far, but for mandria set the default font size around 15 as a minimum, that might help, otherwise go the mandrake center and set the font size higher even for your desktop and all :o

francois