Camerons No Longer Dreaming Of A Thai Christmas

phutoie2

I think that the reason given is a bit of a smoke screen, more like one his flunkies telling him that he would be surrounded pool side by whinging Poms wanting a quiet word.

Passport renewal in Hong Kong, frozen state pensions, and wobbly pound being just some of the topics!.

I agree with that comment :

"A nation who are, in the main, planning an austere Christmas (I certainly am anyway) will hardly take kindly to paparazzi shots of Sam, Cam and the kids frolicking on a Thai beach.

I expect to see the PM and family attending a Christmas Day service at their local parish church… and to continue this tradition throughout his tenure. "

In the end it was the Phuket tuk-tuk mafia that put the mockers on it. Apparently they were going to use another firm for the airport transfer and trips to Fantasea..... The tuk-tuks would not allow them on the island.

I think it was not the fact he was being extravagant with his own money, but that the tax payers would be footing the 50,000 pound bill for his security detail. Now that doesn't seem so odd does it?

50k is above the average income in the UK for a year and for the PM to ask the taxpayers to let him squander that on his own personal holiday seems to be a bitter pill to swallow.

If he'd made it a political visit to tell Mark Vejj off about the tsunami funds that went missing from all those donating nations, or if he went to school him on how to handle the reds without 90 deaths next time it would have been easier to slide by the ever watchful media. Even though it would have been <deleted>, he might have got away with. "PM 'Sacks Off' his own Christmas to school dictator on human rights" might have been easier to swallow. We'd have all known the truth but couldn't challenge it.

I think it was not the fact he was being extravagant with his own money, but that the tax payers would be footing the 50,000 pound bill for his security detail. Now that doesn't seem so odd does it?

50k is above the average income in the UK for a year and for the PM to ask the taxpayers to let him squander that on his own personal holiday seems to be a bitter pill to swallow.

If he'd made it a political visit to tell Mark Vejj off about the tsunami funds that went missing from all those donating nations, or if he went to school him on how to handle the reds without 90 deaths next time it would have been easier to slide by the ever watchful media. Even though it would have been <deleted>, he might have got away with. "PM 'Sacks Off' his own Christmas to school dictator on human rights" might have been easier to swallow. We'd have all known the truth but couldn't challenge it.

You are such a swot loz....however I'll take the extra point for mentioning he booked the holiday before becoming PM.

I guess he wasn't so confident of winning as he projected in the media? :o

^ Err, but the topic is about the British PM cancelling his holiday for political reasons.

He hasn't cancelled because his wife cant get time off work or has decided to use the money to have his greenhouse re-glazed.

at the moment members seem to be managing to keep discussions within the rules. so thanks for that.

but those that think they cant, I suggest you refrain from posting in this thread. else it would either get the thread closed, a warning for the offender, or possibly both.

cheers :)