Trouble W/ "Watch Topic" ?

junglechef

Does anyone else use "Watch Topic" with no success? I hit "Watch Topic" go to and click "immediate response" and then "proceed". I have never had notification of any action concerning the subject but see that others had posted comments at a later date. Any HELPFUL suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey G,

Changed my email to Hotmail from Yahoo and still no updates on topics I want to watch.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

J

junglechef: Change your email address from Yahoo to something else. Yahoo doesn't like notification emails, they are marked as spam and may not reach you.

I also had problems with 'Watch Topic' in as much as, once I click on 'watch topic' I then don't know where to find it on my profile page. I read somewhere it would be stored in 'My Subscriptions' but I can't see that either.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had problems with 'Watch Topic' in as much as, once I click on 'watch topic' I then don't know where to find it on my profile page. I read somewhere it would be stored in 'My Subscriptions' but I can't see that either.

Come on...any admin able to help me with the above?!?!

It's not on your profile page. It's in your "my settings" page. Look to the right of your member name on the gray bar near the top of the page.

My Settings --> Forums --> Manage Watched Topics/Manage Watched Forums :)

Check your spam folder, and whitelist thaivisa emails:

http://www.thaivisa.com/whitelist.html

I have always had problems with Thaivisa email notifications for subscribed topics and forums. I either receive none at all (not even in spam folder) or I receive several from the same post, (sometimes 20+ emails for a single post) or I get an email for every subsequent post in a topic after the first notification even though the email says "there may be more than one response, but only one email has been sent" or something like that.

A second problem specific to Hotmail, which may be happening with other email providers as well, is that the notifications have recently started going to my spam folder even though I never listed them as spam. This is likely due to Hotmails AI spam detecting software. People are too lazy to properly unsubscribe to a forum and instead list the notifications email as spam, or they give up using the notification emails due to several emails sent for a single post or topic as I described above, and blacklist Thaivisa notifications. When enough people list an email address as spam, Hotmail classifies all Thaivisa topic/forum notifications as spam. As George suggested above, add the Thaivisa notification email to your contact list (i.e. "whitelist") to override this.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

It's not on your profile page. It's in your "my settings" page. Look to the right of your member name on the gray bar near the top of the page.

My Settings --> Forums --> Manage Watched Topics/Manage Watched Forums :)

Thanks for that, I've found it now....blimey, you don't half have to go around the houses to find such a simple function, surely that could be simplified somewhat.