Australian Tourist Visa For Thai Gf - Second Trip

Hi guys,

I am arranging another holiday for my girlfriend to come to Australia. Her application last year was successful and enjoyed a nice holiday here.

This time, she will be between jobs (quitting so she can actually have a holiday). How does been unemployed weigh in to the decision? I've known her for almost 4 years and we've had many holidays together. All our other evidence is well in place except for the employment status.

She has enrollment from school to prove ties as well as rental contract, I'm just worried about the employment side of things. Am I worrying about nothing, provided her visa last year was successful (and returned home in time) and she's done a bit more travel to other countries since then (Hong Kong, Vietnam)?

Any help would be most appreciated.

I'll try and see if she gets it. She's announced that she'll be resigning and will finish up at the end of the week. Hope she can get it. There's a spot on the form for details of previous employee where we can write in the job and note down the resignation date, which is a lot better than simply ticking UNEMPLOYED I guess.

We'll try for a letter but I don't know if the employer will be forthcoming with it.

I'll try and see if she gets it. She's announced that she'll be resigning and will finish up at the end of the week. Hope she can get it. There's a spot on the form for details of previous employee where we can write in the job and note down the resignation date, which is a lot better than simply ticking UNEMPLOYED I guess.

We'll try for a letter but I don't know if the employer will be forthcoming with it.

I would suggest you dont do that.

If you are supporting her application and fill in the additional funds provider section of the application, provide your proof of income (pay slips, tax return) then her being between jobs wont be a problem.

Her previous history will also be on her side.

Do not ever ever tell the embassy something you know to be false or deceitful.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that she does not have a job at the moment is not that important. What is important is that she is seen to have adequate funds whether through herself or you. Also important is that she is seen as a genuine tourist with a reason or reasons to return home. Having a job is a good reason to return home. But there are others such as family and other commitments. She also has a good history of complying with a previous visa to Australia.