Sunset Bay Beach Town

craigt3365

I was reading Pattaya People today, issue #264, and saw an article on a new town being proposed. It's called Sunset Bay Beach Town and is suppose to be between Ban Amphur and Bang Saray. The article said it is going to be the size of Singapore! The article said there will be an international race course and of course, world class entertainment!

Anybody ever hear anything about this????? I've googled it, and nothing. Another pipe dream?

Just as a matter of interest Singapore is 7 miles by

21 miles :o

For sure. I was shocked by this guy's statement. I wonder if this is connected to that big park that is/was being planned down there? Just what we need, more traffic on this part of Suk! :(

For sure. I was shocked by this guy's statement. I wonder if this is connected to that big park that is/was being planned down there? Just what we need, more traffic on this part of Suk! :(

Probably another one of those "world class" developments like Ocean One Tower :lol:

Probably taking deposits from Scandinavian and Russian mugs right now :o

Should be good for the Lambo and Ferrari dealers in Bangkok, however :whistling:

Is Singapore shrinking? Last time I saw a sign at Changi for Tuas it said 42km. And from North to South it is about 18 miles

I just checked Wikipedia. The Total Area for Singapore is 710.2 km2 (274.2 sq mi).

7 Miles by 21 Miles (147 sq mi) is roughly have the size of Singapore (53.6%)

Sounds to me like what you read, is more of 'The Beaches' type hype. If I recall, it was suppose to be in that vicinity.

Edited by BB1950

Which all goes to prove that Singapore has got MUCH bigger since I lived there thirty years ago, :ph34r: But if this development really is the size of Singapore then both Craig3365 and myself will be living in the middle of Sunset Bay Beach Town when its built !! :(

Which all goes to prove that Singapore has got MUCH bigger since I lived there twenty years ago, :ph34r: But if this development really is the size of Singapore then both Craig3365 and myself will be living in the middle of Sunset Bay Beach Town when its built !! :(

That makes 3 of us!

Rick

Which all goes to prove that Singapore has got MUCH bigger since I lived there thirty years ago, :ph34r: But if this development really is the size of Singapore then both Craig3365 and myself will be living in the middle of Sunset Bay Beach Town when its built !! :(

Just so you can get a better understanding:

According to Wikipedia, Pattaya is 22.2 km2 (8.6 sq mi).

The city of Pattaya is a special municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue (Nongprue) and Na Kluea (Naklua) and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai. Bang Lamung township which forms the northern border of Pattaya covers parts of the tambon Bang Lamung (Banglamung), Nong Pla Lai and Takhian Tia. Bang Sali is on the southern border of Pattaya.

Singapore is 710.2 km2 (274.2 sq mi). If it is was true that the development is larger than Singapore, it would make this development at least 32 times larger than Pattaya!

Sri Racha District is 616.4 km2 (238 sq mi). Banglamung District is 173.0 km2 (66.8 sq mi). Sattahip District is 333.4 km2 (128.7 sq mi).

It would be much larger than all of Banglamung District and all of Sattahip District, or a little smaller than all of Sri Racha District and all of Banglamung District.

It is obviously not true by any stretch of the imagination or distortion!

It is a fact that all the Pattaya News sources never get the story correct, with overstatements of facts and figures! :whistling:

Which all goes to prove that Singapore has got MUCH bigger since I lived there thirty years ago, :ph34r:

Again from Wikipedia:

Singapore's land area grew from 581.5 km2 (224.5 sq mi) in the 1960s to 704 km2 (271.8 sq mi) today, and may grow by another 100 km2 (38.6 sq mi) by 2030.

Not too much of an increase, only about 20% (but notice these figures are slightly off from the other figures reported by Wikipedia).So it's growing and hard to determine the real size.

Edited by BB1950

I didn't mention the other part of the article. You're gonna love this. It's on the front page of Pattaya People and called Floating Exhibition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beautiful Card (Thailand) Co’s Director Mr. Itti Pakninrat is to purchase of the Costa Marina Ship to use for an exhibition to celebrate HM the King’s 84th Birthday by exhibiting HM the King’s greatest activities and projects as King and the ship will spend 9 months in 2011 to visit 50 countries and 80 ports all around the world in which the registered business operators will be allowed to travel with the boat to exhibit their products and services to foreigners and encourage them to visit Thailand in their future plans.

Following the resolution given in the previous Pattaya Business & Tourism Association Meeting, the Beautiful Card (Thailand) Company decided to purchase the Costa Marina from Italy that is to be used in praising HM the King Activity as mentioned which it will be one of the Mega Projects to boost the tourism industry of Thailand.

The Purchasing Agreement will be signed in December 2010 which the representatives from Ministry of Commerce will witness the signing in Italy.

The ship will be arriving Bangkok in April. Then it will visit Laem Chabang Port and Pattaya Bay respectively before departing on its world tour. Many activities will be done while the ship visits Pattaya to generate income for the city as well as promoting the aims of this project to the people.

The capacity of Costa Marina is capable of carrying 2,000 passengers and crew. The exhibition, the shows and performances will express Thailand’s affection for their King and his great personality and intelligence.

It will also promote the beauty of Thailand to the world and promote tourists to visit Thailand and for investment. The Title of Exhibition will be called “Floating Exhibition Cruise and Thailand on the Sea 2011.

Mayor Ittipol Khunpleum is preparing to participate and assisting the project. Business operators will sign up to travel with the ship and explore the world while promoting their businesses which is considered to be one of the greatest opportunities in Thailand’s History.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the kicker. They have a special going. For the first 100 prepaid customers before Nov 30th, the price is only 1MM Baht. Down from the normal price of 5MM Baht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Is Singapore shrinking? Last time I saw a sign at Changi for Tuas it said 42km. And from North to South it is about 18 miles

They are still re-claiming land out past Tuas so it more like 60K from east to west