Passport Runs Out In Dec 2011

The gf has only just noticed that her passport runs out in Dec 2011 :whistling:

Not a major disaster but she's putting her application in tomorrow morning for a fiancee visa.

Hopefully, we'll get the right result and she come's to the UK.

A few questions.

Is it best to apply for a new Thai passport before she leaves Thailand? Can the Fiancee Visa be put in the new passport?

Or would it be easier to come to the UK, get married etc apply for a new Thai passport here and get her FLR in that?

Getting a bit complicated I know :blink:

RAZZ

There would be no problem using the current passport, which still has a little over a year remaining, and when the visa is issued she wouldn't have a problem entering the UK.

Obviously if she applied for a new passport now, she wouldn't be able to apply for her visa today so I personally wouldn't, but if she does go down that route she should ensure that she submits both passports with her application.

Once she has her visa, she could apply for a new passport if she feels happier doing so, and when the new passport is cancelled and returned the visa is still valid and when entering the UK she should present her new passport together with the old one containing her visa. She could have the visa vignette transferred to the new passport, there is absolutly no need to do so and it would cost 4650 Baht.

Bit of a long winded reply I'm afraid but it's what ever your comfortable with, it might be easier and quicker to get her new passport in Thailand.

There would be no problem using the current passport, which still has a little over a year remaining, and when the visa is issued she wouldn't have a problem entering the UK.

Obviously if she applied for a new passport now, she wouldn't be able to apply for her visa today so I personally wouldn't, but if she does go down that route she should ensure that she submits both passports with her application.

Once she has her visa, she could apply for a new passport if she feels happier doing so, and when the new passport is cancelled and returned the visa is still valid and when entering the UK she should present her new passport together with the old one containing her visa. She could have the visa vignette transferred to the new passport, there is absolutly no need to do so and it would cost 4650 Baht.

Bit of a long winded reply I'm afraid but it's what ever your comfortable with, it might be easier and quicker to get her new passport in Thailand.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I think we'll worry about it "when" we get her visa. Might be easier to get a new passport before she leaves Thailand....Otherwise we'll have aggro in the UK with the FLR.

RAZZ