What Is The Best Way To Get A Usa Credit Report Sent To Thailand

I would like to ask my bank for a credit increase but am afraid to do that without first checking my credit rating which I have never done before. My bank is bank of america.

Is there any way to have a credit report sent by email?

Can they send it to my thailand address?

Is there any risk in asking for a free credit report?

Anyone have experience with this from thailand?

Well, first of all, it is my understanding that it doesn't matter what your bank is. It's not the bank that produces the credit report....it's a credit reporting agency. US citizens are entitled to 3 free reports per year - one from each of the big 3 agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion). Here's a good link that explains things:

www.ftc.gov/freereports

I don't know if you can request by mail or phone and have it sent to you here. But, I do know that the online method of requesting one (AnnualCreditReport.com) is blocked outside of the US. I couldn't figure out a way around it, so I asked a trusted family member at home to request my credit report for me. We did it over the phone, and I gave her all of the information she needed to fill in the form. Then she downloaded the credit report and emailed it to me.

It is also my understanding that requesting a free copy of your own credit report does not show up on your report, so there's no risk/punishment for asking for a copy. In fact, you SHOULD check it at least once a year in order to look for any mistakes or fraudulent activity.

Good luck!

I had tried for years to get a credit report. Excuses ranged from not recognizing my address to no street address in the states. The free report did not work for me.

Finally, my American Express card had a free report from Experian and I received it by email or on the web in any case. Whether it would be any good over here, I don't know.

I do know that every year I get a letter from the bank here in Thailand giving my credit status on my Thai credit cards. I get one report on each card. It just mainly states that I have made my payments on time and according to the requirements of each card.

just go to the free website,get your reports and print them out,easy as that

Care to share which website we can access over here?

I got the free report over here, but I have a APO address here in Bangkok.

I'll check the site I used, but seemed to me I could have printed it out.

Will check and get back.

Doc

You can also try the below website, it is what I use to monitor my credit.. It is completely free and allows you to check your score and that the nothing crazy has happened

Credit Karma

You can not only monitor your credit score through "soft credit requests" (does not decrease your score), but also monitor number of outstanding accounts, total outstanding debt and if any "Hard Credit inquiries" have been made on your credit.

Been using it for the last few years and absolutely no costs what so ever.

Edited by CWMcMurray

You can also try the below website, it is what I use to monitor my credit.. It is completely free and allows you to check your score and that the nothing crazy has happened

Credit Karma

You can not only monitor your credit score through "soft credit requests" (does not decrease your score), but also monitor number of outstanding accounts, total outstanding debt and if any "Hard Credit inquiries" have been made on your credit.

Been using it for the last few years and absolutely no costs what so ever.

Sounds good!

And you can do all this online here in thailand without having the report sent to your physical address?

You never know about these websites if they are fly by night sites to steal your info or what..

The more I look at this site the better it looks! Might be just the answer!

Edited by devaram

Would like to add that I have registered with creditkarma.com and it works great from Thailand and Im very happy with this service!

I have never checked my credit so I was worried about it but now I can see I have good credit and how to make it better!

Thanks to cwmcmurray!