Report: Tourist Visa Is Still Free

I just saw a few posts that claim tourist visa is not free, but I got mine free (single entry) on Aug 06 in shanghai, china, and again on Nov 05 in kuala lumpur, malaysia. No question asked, no extra paperwork required. Just one application and one photo (they don't care about photo size in shanghai.) Got both visa on the following day. I am going to cairo in Jan, so I will report when I am back from that trip. However, they say it takes 3 days to process visa in cairo though :(

Is this a record?

Monday lunch time I sent my passport, together with photo, bank account printout and e-ticket printout to the Thai embassy in Wellington, NZ. When I arrived back home 2 days later my passport with tourist visa was waiting for me. Couriers normally deliver in the morning, which would make it less than 48h for courier both ways and visa processing.

I would like to commend the embassy publicly for their speedy processing. :jap:

Now, if only they had issued me the double-entry visa I had asked for it would have been perfect. :annoyed:

However, I rung them beforehand and was told that they would only issue a visa if I supplied a confirmed return air ticket. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Peter.