Bangkok-Nong Khai High-Speed Train Project To Be Completed Late 2015

webfact

Well there's a lot of work to be done here, on these high speed lines U need a kilometer sound buffer either side, there should be no one living within 1klm of the line , because of the high pitched scream of the eletric motors at high speed , and then the fun begins with track formation etc, I wish them all the best, who is going to pay for this , I'd be very watchfull of the Chinaman, in China they have debits at 1 trillion with their high speed rail projects and some don't go all that fast either.

Hardly. There is no such 1-kilometer buffer along the tracks on the european high speed lines in Germany and France. Why should there be that in Thailand??

I welcome a 2nd high speed line to Chiang Mai! I would love that city to see more tourists - it deserves it! And it will come fast, IF the line to Nong Khai proves to be a success.

Other benefits from this:

I have before written about making it possible to transport cargo on railway instead of trucks that is ever so slow climbing over the many mountains of rural Thailand. This project could (potentially) really help get many of these slow moving trucks away from Thailands dangerous roads. Nice :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I have.

I have the internet just like everybody else. Whatch TV like every one. Not sure where you have been on this topic MR Chinese authority.

There is nothing top secret about how China gets trade secrets. If anybody should know, it is you. That is part of the deal to begain a biz in China. Every company is required to give up intellectual property of anything they plan to build there.

Everything built in China is some version of somebody's prior idea

I guess that's what make them so great. Everybody is so eagar to tap into this market they will give all or a good portion of there intellectual property just to have this chance.

Thailand should stick with there proven friends. They get inbed with China on anything, Next they will be buying up there farm land, and every other natural resorce they have a shortage of. Just like in Africa, South America and even Austrailia. They are leaches on the world.

f$#@ China

Cheers

Cheers

:lol:

Another ignorant China basher who goes the personal way (attacking me). You have no idea what's going on in China and the time you spend, writing, there's another skyscraper built, another factory built and another company bought in your own country.

Dream on and bash on but maybe it's better to stay on topic and debate the OP but I suppose you have no intention of doing so, overfed as you are with your anti local media news about China.

PS: Oh and tell me where the Chinese got the idea to build the Great Wall ? was it from Australia or Egypt? :lol:

LaoPo

Oh ok.

The media has dreamed up how the Chinese have poisoned over 40 % of there water supply, Has the highest cancer rate in the world or how the Gobe desert is growing thousands of sq meters a year because they are exploiting there land. I am sure all the reports of being one of the worst human rights violators is fabricted. NOT! You might want to look into all the patent infrigements and intellectual property abuse cases China is dealing with.

I am not saying China cant build a quality high spped rail, I am saying be carefull before you get into bed with these leeches.

Ignorance is bliss Loa Poa . You know all about that.

Yeh I have.

I have the internet just like everybody else. Whatch TV like every one. Not sure where you have been on this topic MR Chinese authority.

There is nothing top secret about how China gets trade secrets. If anybody should know, it is you. That is part of the deal to begain a biz in China. Every company is required to give up intellectual property of anything they plan to build there.

Everything built in China is some version of somebody's prior idea

I guess that's what make them so great. Everybody is so eagar to tap into this market they will give all or a good portion of there intellectual property just to have this chance.

Thailand should stick with there proven friends. They get inbed with China on anything, Next they will be buying up there farm land, and every other natural resorce they have a shortage of. Just like in Africa, South America and even Austrailia. They are leaches on the world.

f$#@ China

Cheers

Cheers

:lol:

Another ignorant China basher who goes the personal way (attacking me). You have no idea what's going on in China and the time you spend, writing, there's another skyscraper built, another factory built and another company bought in your own country.

Dream on and bash on but maybe it's better to stay on topic and debate the OP but I suppose you have no intention of doing so, overfed as you are with your anti local media news about China.

PS: Oh and tell me where the Chinese got the idea to build the Great Wall ? was it from Australia or Egypt? :lol:

LaoPo

Oh ok.

The media has dreamed up how the Chinese have poisoned over 40 % of there water supply, Has the highest cancer rate in the world or how the Gobe desert is growing thousands of sq meters a year because they are exploiting there land. I am sure all the reports of being one of the worst human rights violators is fabricted. NOT! You might want to look into all the patent infrigements and intellectual property abuse cases China is dealing with.

I am not saying China cant build a quality high spped rail, I am saying be carefull before you get into bed with these leeches.

Ignorance is bliss Loa Poa . You know all about that.

I said it before: "Another ignorant China basher who goes the personal way (attacking me)."

You learned nothing; debate the content of the topic, not bash upon an entire country, it's citizens or a fellow member.

It really says more about you rather than me. :whistling:

LaoPo

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime....for the ones who doubt that High-Speed trains will be possible in Thailand, or not:

Shanghai > Beijing - distance 1.300 km (!) in less than 4 hours:

Bullet train (Shanghai) to Beijing to take less than 4 hours

Link will open in June 2011; Average speed: 350 km/hr

http://english.eastday.com/e/110105/u1a5648512.html

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

A M.O.U. simply means Thailand and China have agreed to discuss the project , nothing more !

LaoPo seems to like posting media information but little else , and bashing anyone who doesn't agree with her (and I say her since thats what LaoPo means wife in Chinese by the way )

It doesn't matter what China can do in China. There is no contract to build the rail line , China only does things that are good for China, So what real benefit does Thailand receive from a high speed link to China, more Chinese tourists, ok thats one thing . High speed rail can't be used for industrial shipping , the risk of a shifting load at 160+k makes it extremely dangerous, so the trains are simply for passengers.

I live and work in China and the country is slap full of crappy copied products and stolen ideas. They are very capable of building excellent quality products , but only if adequate quality controls are maintained . They will and do cut every corner to save money. ( I working in heavy industrial manufacturing by the way )

yes they have built the world largest high speed rail net work , yes they have famous large rail companies , all of which received much of their core knowledge about high speed rail form overseas joint-ventures. The Chinese claim to have developed all new China only design high speed rail , that however is highly unlikely , it's more likely the designs have evolved from existing imported technology . China does maintain lower safety standards than some other countries

The OP implies that China will be providing at least 50 per cent of the funding and most of the expertise. Has anyone told them yet that they are only allowed to own 49 per cent of the project within Thailand's borders, and the whole project is subject to the regular and nonsensical policy pronouncements and infighting over "commissions" by assorted Thai puyais?

The OP implies that China will be providing at least 50 per cent of the funding and most of the expertise. Has anyone told them yet that they are only allowed to own 49 per cent of the project within Thailand's borders, and the whole project is subject to the regular and nonsensical policy pronouncements and infighting over "commissions" by assorted Thai puyais?

LOL. What's this waffle about 49% foreign interest and backhanders?

This isn't comparable to the average farang buying a condo; not even close. This is a very rich country with pockets deeper than the Marianas Trench. We are talking billions here so the formality of a separate 'account' to secure the appropriate Thai approvals will be a drop in the ocean when costing the whole enchilada.

Think Asians dealing with Asians.

Edited by NanLaew

It is going to be 49% China 51% Thailand joint venture not 50-50, just like all other projects.

CHINA TRAIN LINK

Panel okays framework for China train link

By Watcharapong Thongrung

The Nation

Published on January 19, 2011

The Thai-China joint committee has agreed on the framework of the Thai-Sino high-speed train project, in which Thailand will hold 51 per cent and China will hold 49 per cent.

excerpt:

The memorandum of understanding (MoU) is expected to be signed in April, Supoth Sublom, Transport permanent secretary said yesterday.

The project will be a joint venture with the right of routing operation for 30 years and automatic renewable for another 20 years.

Story:

http://www.nationmul...k-30146668.html

LaoPo

A M.O.U. simply means Thailand and China have agreed to discuss the project , nothing more !

LaoPo seems to like posting media information but little else , and bashing anyone who doesn't agree with her (and I say her since thats what LaoPo means wife in Chinese by the way )

It doesn't matter what China can do in China. There is no contract to build the rail line , China only does things that are good for China, So what real benefit does Thailand receive from a high speed link to China, more Chinese tourists, ok thats one thing . High speed rail can't be used for industrial shipping , the risk of a shifting load at 160+k makes it extremely dangerous, so the trains are simply for passengers.

I live and work in China and the country is slap full of crappy copied products and stolen ideas. They are very capable of building excellent quality products , but only if adequate quality controls are maintained . They will and do cut every corner to save money. ( I working in heavy industrial manufacturing by the way )

yes they have built the world largest high speed rail net work , yes they have famous large rail companies , all of which received much of their core knowledge about high speed rail form overseas joint-ventures. The Chinese claim to have developed all new China only design high speed rail , that however is highly unlikely , it's more likely the designs have evolved from existing imported technology . China does maintain lower safety standards than some other countries

Interesting post but you're mistaken if I just post media information; maybe you should read a few of my posts, also in this topic ?

For the record: yes, LaoPo means "wife/spouse" but I'm the LaoGong in this case ;)

Napoleon already mentioned it:

l'Histoire se répète, meaning that Japan did the same, right after WWII and producing copied products from the west; the question is whether it was China or Western buyers, asking China to make those (copied) products.

My own experience says that it's mostly westerners, asking a factory to produce a certain product.

On the other hand, China has many inventions behind it's name where the west did some benefit too.

We, westerners should be a little more humble and modest towards China and start hiding our superiority feelings; we cant continue to tell a country with 1.335.000.000 million people what they should do or not. They won't listen anyway.

And, as you are in China you know that most manufacturers aren't really educated in the field of ethics or on top of the ladder when it comes to copyright.

But I fully agree with you when it comes to being able to produce and built quality products if adequate quality controls are maintained and there lies the problem.

Most western buyers are too stingy to pay for adequate and proper quality control after they sent their specifications or/and sample(s).

Later they complain about the bad quality or use of inferior components but they should have put a strict quality control process in place and pay for the services of surveying companies like SGS Group who work worldwide but there are many (western) quality control companies in China but if you don't use them...don't complain!

It's the same if a company in the US or Europe would buy xx tons of grain in some far away country; they don't depend on a simple sample, supplied by the seller but hire an expert to check the entire shipment and submit a detailed report.

These kind of things would also never happen with products from Apple who produce all of their iPods, iPhones, MACs etc also in China but have many quality experts on the factory floors.

LaoPo

The Nation newsflash quoted by LaoPO also has:

- one year feasibility studies

- four year construction

- five main lines

With this being a main infrastructure project I would have thought that at least the construction part need to be tendered out by law. Unless all falls under a BoI approved foreign investment project to benefit Thailand and the Thai people. I foresee some debates in parliament.

Anyway if mid-2012 the feasibility studies are completed and construction can immediately begin, it will be completed by 2016 assuming I can still count correctly needing less than my ten fingers :ermm:? I guess the 'expected to be opened 2015' refers to a first line or portion of a line ;)

(edit: add: by next year we should at least have some technical details)

Edited by rubl

The Nation newsflash quoted by LaoPO also has:

- one year feasibility studies

- four year construction

- five main lines

With this being a main infrastructure project I would have thought that at least the construction part need to be tendered out by law. Unless all falls under a BoI approved foreign investment project to benefit Thailand and the Thai people. I foresee some debates in parliament.

Anyway if mid-2012 the feasibility studies are completed and construction can immediately begin, it will be completed by 2016 assuming I can still count correctly needing less than my ten fingers :ermm:? I guess the 'expected to be opened 2015' refers to a first line or portion of a line ;)

(edit: add: by next year we should at least have some technical details)

Where can I get my ticket. With China involved I believe we will see it before 2016. For technical details one is it will be very fast. I believe the cars will all be of a high standard for relaxing and viewing and sleeping. Stay tuned :rolleyes: