Jomtien To Central Bangkok Via Bus And Train

allane

Hey Jomtien residents, how about this idea ?

- get on the bus that leaves from near the Foodmart and goes to Suwanaphum Airport, then get on the new Airport Link train and go into central Bangkok.

- and does it also work in reverse? If so, where at the airport do I board the bus?

I have seen many threads here about "on again, off again" bus service between Suwanaphum and Pattaya, though I think most of those have pertained to Bell Travel. Presumably, the blue and white govt. bus service between Jomtien and Suwanaphum is here to stay.

That bus service is very good and has been going for about 2 years now .The bus leaves directly from the Airport terminal on the ground floor ,AND GOES DIRECTLY TO jOMTIEN .YOU CAN GET OFF AT ANY POINT ON SUKHUMVIT ,PATTAYA .IT COST AROUND B125 and leaves around every 2 hours .

That bus service is very good and has been going for about 2 years now .The bus leaves directly from the Airport terminal on the ground floor ,AND GOES DIRECTLY TO jOMTIEN .YOU CAN GET OFF AT ANY POINT ON SUKHUMVIT ,PATTAYA .IT COST AROUND B125 and leaves around every 2 hours .

How long will the bus journey takes from the Su airport to Pattaya ?

How long will it takes from Jomtien to Bangkok ?

The bus ride to the airport from Jomtien is about 90 minutes..you then go to the ground floor and catch the BTS to the Sukhumvit Line..Pyathai station...it was 15 baht for that and is supposed to go up soon to 45 baht...the train ride takes 25 minutes...so Jomtien to downtown BKK is 2 hours..I have been doing this run alot and it is very painless.

Thanks to both of you. While that bus service may have been going for 2 yrs., I have just recently relocated from Bkk. to Jomtien. I was delighted to see it already running, while I waited for the Airport Link train to finally open. Using both of them, that looks to be the fastest way to get fro Jomtien to central Bkk.

The bus ride to the airport from Jomtien is about 90 minutes..you then go to the ground floor and catch the BTS to the Sukhumvit Line..Pyathai station...it was 15 baht for that and is supposed to go up soon to 45 baht...the train ride takes 25 minutes...so Jomtien to downtown BKK is 2 hours..I have been doing this run alot and it is very painless.

Sorry but you lost me once you got off the bus! Are we to understand that the BTS is the train to BKK and it only costs 15 baht. What do you mean "catch it to the Sukhumvit line"?

Sorry but you lost me once you got off the bus! Are we to understand that the BTS is the train to BKK and it only costs 15 baht. What do you mean "catch it to the Sukhumvit line"?

I can help with that. The correct name for the train that connects Suwannaphum airport to Bangkok is "Airport Link". it runs approx. 20 km into Bkk., and connects with the BTS skytrain at Phayathai station, which is on the Sukhumwit line of the BTS Skytrain. (The Sukhumwit line is the line that runs from Onnut Staion in east-central Bkk. to Morchit station in north-central Bangkok.)

I am not attempting to be pedantic here, but you need the correct names if you are to follow signs. Any of the stupid Thai's standing around the airport won't have a clue what you are talking about, if you don't phrase your enquiry absolutely correctly.

I've done the bus/train a few times and it is quite pleasant.

The bus is very comfortable and efficient. It takes about 1 hr 20 min to the Airport

I take the "local" train to Makassan. Very fast and smooth and only 15 baht. The only problem is the link to the Subway, which is about a seven minute walk over nasty terrain -- and poorly signed. Of course, the Thais never thought of having a direct connection. That would be too obvious.

On the way back, the only problem is that the bus leaves only every two hours, so if you miss one, you may have a wait. Also, it's a bit slower because it doesn't use the new link road. It comes out in Banglamung and lets people out along Sukhumvit on the way back to Jomtien.

Edited by prospero

If the bus back to Jomtien is full or you dont feel like waiting...you can look behind the desk where they sell the bus tickets and look for Bell Travel Service. They will take you back to Pattaya to the N. Pattaya bus station and then take you by van to where you want to go..200 baht all in....Bell is a good way to go to and from your hotel/condo to the airport if you have alot of bags or big heavy bags

Edited by ericg1953

Thanks to Prospero for pointing out an aspect of this that hadn't crossed my mind - this is certainly not going to be a time-saver if I miss a return bus by 5 minutes, and then have to wait almost 2 hrs. for the next one. I suppose that can be avoided in part by timing my journey using the regular train, and then hopping on the express version instead, if time is becoming an issue. Or, in the alternative, by returning from Bangkok by one of the other methods.

Thanks to Prospero for pointing out an aspect of this that hadn't crossed my mind - this is certainly not going to be a time-saver if I miss a return bus by 5 minutes, and then have to wait almost 2 hrs. for the next one. I suppose that can be avoided in part by timing my journey using the regular train, and then hopping on the express version instead, if time is becoming an issue. Or, in the alternative, by returning from Bangkok by one of the other methods.

You can always have a coffee at the airport and read a book.

By the way, this time I took the "local" from Phaya Thai. A much better connection to the Skytrain than Makasan is to the Subway.

From Jomtien to Nana station took exactly 2 hour and 35 min yesterday ,using that route.Yes its still 15 baht for the Airport link .The bus from Jomtien was only half full (sometimes it can be full )

• 8 months later...