2010 Thailand Motor Expo - Promotions On Offer

The 2010 Thai Motor Expo begins tomorrow, and the discounts/promotions are starting to come through.

(for those unaware, tremendous amounts of cars are sold at the two major Thai motor shows, and special discounts/campaigns are customary)

BMW:

• Lease a 3 series with monthly repayments set at 1% the car's price (based on 48 month lease with 40% balloon)
  • Show Prices:
    • 525d diesel 4,399,000 Baht
    • 520d diesel 3,699,000 Baht
    • X6 xDrive30d diesel 6,699,000 Baht
    • 320i Coupe 3,799,000 Baht
    • 320i Convertible 4,299,000 Baht
    • 325i Coupe 4,699,000 Baht
    • 325i Convertible 5,199,000 Baht
    • X5 xDrive30d 6,399,000 Baht
    • X5 xDrive30d Highline 6,999,000 Baht

Ford:

• Limited edition "Everest Adventure Sport" released, only 100 examples to be manufactured.
  • Limited edition "Ranger Wildtrak" released. only 200 examples to be manufactured. Available in Copper Red and Cool White
  • Focus, Ranger,Everest and Escape available with 0.99% interest for 48 months with one year free comprehensive insurance
  • Fiesta 1.75% finance for 48 months.
  • Ranger Open Cab - 10% down, 72 months finance plus one year free comprehensive insurance and free 6-month installments.

Hyundai:

• H-1 and Tuscon get one year free comprehensive insurance
  • Special version H-1 "Expo Deluxe" with free GPS navigation
  • Special version h-1 "Expo Executive" with free touch screen DVD system

KIA:

• 4,000 Baht down with 72 months finance and one year free comprehensive insurance for the entire range.

Mitsubishi:

• Lancer EX - 25% down with 0% interest over 48 months, or receive an extra 50,000 Baht for your trade-in. One year free comprehensive insurance
  • Lancer 1.6: 25% down with 1.69% interest over 48 months plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Pajero Sport: 25% down with 1.69% interest over 48 months plus free GPS navigation and one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Triton: 25% down with 0.99% interest over 48 months plus 20,000 Baht trade-in bonus, free GPS navigation, and one year free comprehensive insurance. (excludes single cab and CNG models)

Peugeot:

• RCZ 2,950,000. Baht
  • RCZ GT 3,100,000. Baht
  • 207 Sedan 959,000. Baht
  • 207CC. 2,250,000. Baht
  • 308 VTi 1,690,000. Baht
  • 308 Turbo 1,890,000. Baht
  • 308CC 3,050,000. Baht
  • Bipper Metro 998,000. Baht
  • Bipper Metro Plus 1,190,000. Baht

Volvo:

• First 48 to buy the new XC60 will get a free rear-seat DVD system
  • Free iPad or iPhone to all show purchases, plus go into the draw to win 1 carat diamond.
  • XC60 2WD launched at 2,999,000 Baht

More as it comes..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Mazda:

• Mazda2 Spirit Sports special edition "2navi" 680,000 Baht
  • Mazda2 Maxx Sports special edition "2navi" 730,000 Baht
  • BT-50 "Road Master" limited edition (300 to be made) starting at 673,000 Baht
  • Mazda2 Sedan / hatchback - 2 years free servicing and 1.99% interest OR installments of 4,999 Baht / month.
  • Mazda3 - 3 years free servicing and 0.99% interest OR installments of 6,999 Baht / month.
  • Mazda BT-50- Installments from 5999 baht per month. Bonus 20,000 Baht when trading in an old Mazda.
  • CX-9 and MX-5 get free insurance and other unspecified advantages.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

We went today...I really want that 525d...it's just that no-one seems to want to buy my 520d...anyone?? Drove the 523i highline last month...very nice and the 525d should be much better. Actually the 5-series deals are somewhat better than you show and the waiting time for one is increasing every day!

Just one pic, want any more then PM me.

post-17329-0-77815800-1291121153_thumb.j

one crazy car and one butt ugly ladyboy lol

Whats this about the ranger wildrack? they wont have White models after this? I really want this car but im in phuket

or any news on the hyundai coupe? they call it genesis overseas.. Almost bought it back home.. Probably 10 mil baht here?

Edited by ilyelol

one crazy car and one butt ugly ladyboy lol

Whats this about the ranger wildrack? they wont have White models after this? I really want this car but im in phuket

or any news on the hyundai coupe? they call it genesis overseas.. Almost bought it back home.. Probably 10 mil baht here?

The Ranger Wildtrak limited edition at the show has a number of special extras over the standard Wildtrak including new 18" wheels, new livery and a few bolt-ons.

The Genesis is only manufactured in left-hand drive, but that aside, no-one would pay circa 4M Baht for the V6 and not even the mentally challenged would pay circa 6-7M for the V8. It'll never appear in Thailand, not even through the gray market.

It's little brother the Hyundai Coupe has been available in TH for some time though, if it's just the styling you're after - price is 1.65M.

Chevrolet:

Cruze Pricing Announced:

chevroletcruzey.jpg

• Cruze 2.0 LTZ AT 1,149,000.00
  • Cruze 1.8 LTZ AT 984,000.00
  • Cruze 1.8 LT AT 919,000.00
  • Cruze 1.8 LS AT 859,000.00
  • Cruze 1.8 LS MT 829,000.00.
  • Cruze 1.6 LS AT 809,000.00
  • Cruze 1.6 Base MT 729,000.00

Special Promotions:

• Aveo 1.4 and Aveo 1.6 (except CNG models) - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Optra sedan and estate inlcuding CNG models - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Colorado - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Captiva Diesel - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months
  • Captiva Petrol - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Suzuki:

New SX-4 crossover released.

suzukisx4xover1.jpg

Promotions on all Suzuki models:

• 5% down with up to 84 months to pay (you'll need to be Thai to get this)
  • One year free comprehensive insurance
  • 3-year free emergency roadside assistance

Prices:

• SX-4 1.6L 4AT 799,000 Baht
  • Swift S 1.5L AT Limited 674,000 Baht
  • Swift GL 1.5L AT 654,000 Baht
  • Swift GA 1.5L AT 599,000 Baht

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

For those wondering, the reason why there's been no posts for Isuzu, Toyota or Honda yet is because the usual game of cat-and-mouse is being played out, and their final best deals have not yet surfaced. It should settle down within the next few days, at which time I'll post what I know about what deals I can verify are achievable.. stay tuned if you're in the market :D

If any members have been to the Expo and have negotiated with any of these 3 brands, please post the deals you've been offered here - the more data we can collect, the better we'll understand what they can be squeezed for ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi Guys,

Stopped into the show as I am in the market for a vehicle, after a dissapointing search in the 2nd hand market (A story in itself regarding the pricing on 2nd hand cars. just by new). Anyhow, test drove the Nissan Impact, and the Nissan Navara. The Nissan Impact is a very subcompact vehicle price at around 375kbht for the base 1.2 sMT & 537kbht for the 1.2 VL CVT discount offered 5kbaht. Nissan Navara which is what I have my eye on 673kbht base to 918bht LE. I am guessing I test drove the Navara LE, tough to even get a feel for a vehicle as they do not want you driving them above 20 kmphr LMAO. I am 6 ft 94 Kilo and the Navara felt that it had a lot of room, plush for a truck. Discount offered on the Navara 20kbth + to vehicle addons (i,e window tinting, cargo net etc), this was if I chose the base on the Navara.

I have to be honest, I sold vehicles in my day, so am familiar with the ins, outs. However, here I was just mind boggled. Really offering no incentive to buy cars in my opinion, and I am paying cash ........

Will follow this thread, as I am curious as to what deal can be had on either the Nissans; or Honda's.

I did talk to a Thai gentleman who spoke very good english, and told me that Thai manufacturers feel no need to discount vehicles as the demand is non stop. Anyone have figures regarding day to day sales per manufacturer at the Expo?

If anyone could advise to deals they have made on trucks, incentives etc I would love to hear of them.

Anyone know anything about the Fiats that resembled the Mini's, they look sweet and the sales reps were very busy........

:jap:

Anyone have figures regarding day to day sales per manufacturer at the Expo?

Sales target for the current Motor Expo is 25,000 units - here's some numbers form the two most recent shows:

2009 Motor Expo (Dec 2009):

Toyota: 7,230

Honda: 4,239

Isuzu: 2,539

Mazda: 2,277

Mitsubishi: 1,518

Total: 25,220

2010 International Motor Show (March 2010):

Toyota: 6,943

Nissan: 3,675

Isuzu: 3,500

Mazda: 3,234

Honda: 2,866

Mitsubishi: 1,404

TOTAL: 27,878

Both are just 12-day events, so these are pretty impressive numbers.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi Guys,

Stopped into the show as I am in the market for a vehicle, after a dissapointing search in the 2nd hand market (A story in itself regarding the pricing on 2nd hand cars. just by new). Anyhow, test drove the Nissan Impact, and the Nissan Navara. The Nissan Impact is a very subcompact vehicle price at around 375kbht for the base 1.2 sMT & 537kbht for the 1.2 VL CVT discount offered 5kbaht. Nissan Navara which is what I have my eye on 673kbht base to 918bht LE. I am guessing I test drove the Navara LE, tough to even get a feel for a vehicle as they do not want you driving them above 20 kmphr LMAO. I am 6 ft 94 Kilo and the Navara felt that it had a lot of room, plush for a truck. Discount offered on the Navara 20kbth + to vehicle addons (i,e window tinting, cargo net etc), this was if I chose the base on the Navara.

I have to be honest, I sold vehicles in my day, so am familiar with the ins, outs. However, here I was just mind boggled. Really offering no incentive to buy cars in my opinion, and I am paying cash ........

Will follow this thread, as I am curious as to what deal can be had on either the Nissans; or Honda's.

I did talk to a Thai gentleman who spoke very good english, and told me that Thai manufacturers feel no need to discount vehicles as the demand is non stop. Anyone have figures regarding day to day sales per manufacturer at the Expo?

If anyone could advise to deals they have made on trucks, incentives etc I would love to hear of them.

Anyone know anything about the Fiats that resembled the Mini's, they look sweet and the sales reps were very busy........

:jap:

6ft and 100KG and trying a Nissan March? LOL :D

All cars have discount room in Thailand, but most buyers are not at all savvy and the salesperson's first task is to sus you out and decide if you understand the market or not. Give them any reason to believe you don't know what goes on here and there's no chance you'll get the full discount available.

Paying cash will also get you a worse price, as no finance commissions, and harder for the dealership/salesperson to reach the higher commission finance targets.

Best deals always happen towards the end of the show, not the start. We'll start to see better deals being revealed next week...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

More Promotions:

Ssanyong: Free iPad with every sale

Toyota:

• Yaris - 10% down with installments from 5,213 Baht/month with free one year insurance OR discount 15,000 Baht
  • Vios and Altis - free one year comprehensive insurance
  • Avanza - Repayments of 5,513 Baht/month or 84 months to repay
  • Innova - Repayments of 8,899 Baht/month or 84 months to repay
  • VIGO - Free one year comprehensive insurance and 1.79% interest OR 90 days deferred repayments OR 8,000 Baht discount.

Nissan:

• Tiida, X-Trail and Navara - Free one year comprehensive insurance, 20% down with 1.99% interest plus 90 days deferred repayments.
  • Teana: Free one year comprehensive insurance

Isuzu:

• D-Max Spacecab and Highlander - Free one year comprehensive insurance, Free Por Ror Bor (road tax), plus 1.75% interest OR 5% down OR 84 months to repay.
  • MU-7 - Free one year comprehensive insurance, free Por Ror Bor (road tax) plus 0.59% interest OR 10% down OR repayments from 8,964 Baht/month

Honda:

• 25% down and 2.05% interest on all models + freebies varying by model

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

seems like honda isnt that aggressive this year even with the launching of the mid life accord.

They know they cant beat Toyota cars this year, so better to make more money on each unit and be number 2. Factorys running full output in LOS and waiting lists/delivery time for each model, better to make higher profits.:)

seems like honda isnt that aggressive this year even with the launching of the mid life accord.

They know they cant beat Toyota cars this year, so better to make more money on each unit and be number 2. Factorys running full output in LOS and waiting lists/delivery time for each model, better to make higher profits.:)

i cant believe the RT-50 model of isuzu-Chevrolet isnt here. maybe because they just launched the D-max with the red logo, and the i-genie think on the mu-7.

i cant believe the RT-50 model of isuzu-Chevrolet isnt here. maybe because they just launched the D-max with the red logo, and the i-genie think on the mu-7.

The GMI-700 (RT-50) is due in November next year, and always has been - unless you have some inside info to the contrary?

Moonriver, as a foreigner to buy on finance, what down payment is expected and what are the terms to get the finance?

As a rough guide (policies vary by financier):

• No work permit or not married to Thai, and no Thai credit history = 50% down, max term of 48 months
  • Work permit or married to Thai, but no Thai credit history = 25% down for passenger cars, 30% down for 4x4, and max term of 48 months
  • Work permit or married to Thai, with good Thai credit history = 15-20% down, most promotions possible, longer terms possible.

In all cases you will need to provide Thai bank statements with at least 6 months of history as proof of income - things like Thai tax receipts, letters of employment etc mean practically nothing. You'll also need to be on a one-year extension Visa scheme for most lenders to look at you.

Chevrolet:

Cruze Pricing Announced:

chevroletcruzey.jpg

Special Promotions:

• Aveo 1.4 and Aveo 1.6 (except CNG models) - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Optra sedan and estate inlcuding CNG models - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Colorado - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.
  • Captiva Petrol - 25% down, 0.99% interest over 48 months, plus one year free comprehensive insurance.

Hi Moonriver - my wife has an Aveo which I learnt was a re-badged Daewoo - so what's the Cruze? Isn't it the same as the Optra or will it replace the Optra? Just thought I'd tax your encyclopedic knowledge of cars in Thailand as my wife gets Chevy magazines, emails and SMS updates and you still have more information .... lol ....

Chevrolet:

Cruze Pricing Announced:

chevroletcruzey.jpg

Special Promotions:

Hi Moonriver - my wife has an Aveo which I learnt was a re-badged Daewoo - so what's the Cruze? Isn't it the same as the Optra or will it replace the Optra? Just thought I'd tax your encyclopedic knowledge of cars in Thailand as my wife gets Chevy magazines, emails and SMS updates and you still have more information .... lol ....

The Cruze was co-developed by GM and Daewoo, so it not stricly a re-badged Daewoo but rather a collaboration. It's been on sale in Korea since 2008 where it's sold as the Lacetti Premiere, which in that market replaced the previous Lacetti that we know as the Optra - hope that makes sense :) It will replace the Optra in Chev TH's product lineup.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

It will replace the Optra in Chev TH's product lineup.

So the estate/van will be sold here as well ?

post-42643-0-78577700-1291509963_thumb.j

what about the convertible ?

post-42643-0-80797600-1291510027_thumb.j

Estate: Very slim chance it'll be sold in TH, unless Cruze does a whole lot better than expected.

Cabrio: Will not be sold in TH.

The "problem" with the Cruze is that most potential export markets already have strong supply or manufacture it themselves - i.e. Australia manufactures it in Oz for sale in Oceania, Korea has manufactured it for 2 years and already services many export markets already, India, China and USA already manufactures it etc. Without a big export market, these other derivatives need to have a strong business case based on Thai/Malay/Indonsian sales only (can't see ME having too much interest in the car), which the Estate might (but likely won't) and the Cabrio, simply no way.

Most Thai manufacturers export 50%-80% of production - the local market is not enough to sustain cost-effective production alone.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

320i Coupe 3,799,000 Baht

I know we're not at home now but that'll buy you a new M6 or 750Li in the UK.

yes a rip off in this place and why bother to buy an expensive and sit in traffic 65% of your time doing under 60ks i van do that speed on my push bike 4000 bahtjap.gif