2010 Thailand Motor Expo - Promotions On Offer

Those BMW prices are madness :blink:

You could nearly buy a Lambo in the UK for the price of an X-5!

RAZZ

Ditto, have a look at Mini Cooper price - staggering!

Yes the new Mini Cooper 'S' is 3.09 million baht or the Mini Countryman @ 3.3 million baht

Make the '3' series BMW look dirt cheap BMW 318 @ 2.2 million, the up market BMW 325 Sport priced the same as a Mini @ 3.2 million :blink:;)

i cant believe the RT-50 model of isuzu-Chevrolet isnt here. maybe because they just launched the D-max with the red logo, and the i-genie think on the mu-7.

The GMI-700 (RT-50) is due in November next year, and always has been - unless you have some inside info to the contrary?

a friend working for isuzu told me it may have to launch soon. the sales of the d-max cab hasnt been to target due to vigo smart cab.

they said testing & commissioning of the vehicle has already began.

a friend working for isuzu told me it may have to launch soon. the sales of the d-max cab hasnt been to target due to vigo smart cab.

they said testing & commissioning of the vehicle has already began.

Isuzu is still very competitive with Toyota for pickup sales - 2010 year-to-date pickup sales in Thailand are: Toyota 112,000 vs Isuzu 105,000 and the 7,000 lead to Toyota happened in July/Aug only, when some of the general public learned that the Isuzu "Super Titanium" series was launching and decided to wait for it's September release.

Sales are still very strong considering the vehicle's aged design - proof that "super" metals are a good marketing strategy I guess ;)

Testing of the GMI-700 began almost 2 years ago, but no final design has been signed off on yet - it will happen soon though.

320i Coupe 3,799,000 Baht

I know we're not at home now but that'll buy you a new M6 or 750Li in the UK.

I know we're in Thailand so if you really want one you have to pay the price, but I can't ever see myself paying US$ 140,000 for a car that would cost only $50,000 "back home." The ten to twenty percent increased price differentials on locally assembled Japanese cars is painful enough :bah:

I know we're in Thailand so if you really want one you have to pay the price, but I can't ever see myself paying US$ 140,000 for a car that would cost only $50,000 "back home." The ten to twenty percent increased price differentials on locally assembled Japanese cars is painful enough :bah:

It's all relative. Rate of depreciation is in many cases much, much better in Thailand compared to the West, which softens the blow to a degree - so long as the entry price is manageable it's not as bad as it looks overall.

A US $50k car new with a used price of $25k means $25k cost to own. The same Thai $140k car with a resale of $100k means $40k cost to own - better on percentages, but still worse off. Some of the difference will be made back in cheaper maintenance and insurance costs too. I guess it all depends on what you want to drive - cars are always going to be a loss-making purchase.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Back on topic, have any more end of show deals been announced?

Pretty sure I've covered all the major's and their announced deals - from here it's down to what people have actually negotiated and their reports..

I've already committed to my next car, so haven't been doing any negotiating at the show..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Back on topic, have any more end of show deals been announced?

Pretty sure I've covered all the major's and their announced deals - from here it's down to what people have actually negotiated and their reports..

I've already committed to my next car, so haven't been doing any negotiating at the show..

next car?

i read u got your PJS 2.5GT not long ago?

next car?

The PJS was bought for the wife 8 months ago, and will be replaced with the 5-door Range Rover Evoque next year (unless she changes her mind, again). I've also ordered a Cayenne Hybrid which should be arriving around March/April next year..Bit pissed as they're now already in the gray market, but oh well, at least mine will have a 9 year factory warranty, which should help resale when it starts feeling too slow ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

next car?

The PJS was bought for the wife 8 months ago, and will be replaced with the 5-door Range Rover Evoque next year (unless she changes her mind, again). I've also ordered a Cayenne Hybrid which should be arriving around March/April next year..Bit pissed as they're now already in the gray market, but oh well, at least mine will have a 9 year factory warranty, which should help resale when it starts feeling too slow ;)

nice ride u are getting there. both the Range Rover Evoque and the Cayenne Hybrid are excellent, looks good but i m sure they cost a lot more than the PJS.

next car?

you mean when batterys die on you while overtaking :lol: :lol: :lol:

never pushed a hybrid hard, how does power feel when batterys are empty?

driving LOS highways, there are quiet a few 50-180kmh accelerations, how long does it take to recharge batterys making them ready for next acceleration?

It's all relative. Rate of depreciation is in many cases much, much better in Thailand compared to the West, which softens the blow to a degree - so long as the entry price is manageable it's not as bad as it looks overall.

A US $50k car new with a used price of $25k means $25k cost to own. The same Thai $140k car with a resale of $100k means $40k cost to own - better on percentages, but still worse off. Some of the difference will be made back in cheaper maintenance and insurance costs too. I guess it all depends on what you want to drive - cars are always going to be a loss-making purchase.

I take your point and it's a good one; as long as one has the initial funds. Just have to keep them spotless and scratch-less for top resale value.

driving LOS highways, there are quiet a few 50-180kmh accelerations, how long does it take to recharge batterys making them ready for next acceleration?

Haven't driven it yet Kata, but will be sure to run it through a barrage of tests when it comes ;)

In any case, battery-only range is a few KM's on electric-only at 60km/hr - even if dead, the (Audi S4 derived) 3.0L supercharged V6 is good for 333HP/440NM on it's own, and can be pushed to 400HP/480Nm with a pulley and some electronics :D The electric engine makes 47HP/300Nm when it kicks in, which is a lot more often than a regular Hybrid, heh.Regenerative recharge time is fast given the interia of the car's mass, and the excellent way Porsche have integrated the electric motor - a single controlled stop from 200km/hr would get it pretty close to recharged from empty.. (that was a joke for the nannies) ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

But does it sound like the Ford V8 in ZZ Tops vid ' She's Got Legs '. :unsure::D

If I can seduce the wife into dropping her plans to spend 4M+ on the Evoque and keep the PJS instead, then there's a strong possibility it'll grow 2 cylinders, 2 turbos and lose a supercharger, battery pack and electric motor ;) In which case, the answer would be yes :D

I've gone all a tremble at the thought. :w00t:

Don't worry, I have sleepness nights trying to predict how she'll respond if I tell her she can't have a new car next year while I'm spending more than all of our houses on one car, and scheming up ways (like installing projector foglights ;) ) to make her love the PJS for another year or two, hehe :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZBCFJ7mV_4

Haven't driven it yet Kata, but will be sure to run it through a barrage of tests when it comes ;)

In any case, battery-only range is a few KM's on electric-only at 60km/hr - even if dead, the (Audi S4 derived) 3.0L supercharged V6 is good for 333HP/440NM on it's own, and can be pushed to 400HP/480Nm with a pulley and some electronics :D The electric engine makes 47HP/300Nm when it kicks in, which is a lot more often than a regular Hybrid, heh.Regenerative recharge time is fast given the interia of the car's mass, and the excellent way Porsche have integrated the electric motor - a single controlled stop from 200km/hr would get it pretty close to recharged from empty.. (that was a joke for the nannies) ;)

I envy you :P

has anyone seen the porsche on the RUF/Royal Motors stand, I'm sure it said CCT on the engine. I might of misread it though, and it was CGT (carrera GT), but it didn't look like a CGT. Whatever it was it sure was beast.

cheers

There's a few cars on display at the RUF stand, you're probably talking about the CTR3 though. RUF model numbers do not correlate with Porsche models. Here's the website for the official importer for RUF:

http://royalmotors.co.th/cars.php?brand=4afd4f62584ab

The show's now over and the official bookings figures are in:

• Toyota - 8,309
  • Honda - 3,919
  • Isuzu - 2,902
  • Nissan - 2,879
  • Mazda - 2,727
  • Mitsubishi - 1,930
  • Chevrolet - 1,681
  • Ford - 1,232
  • Proton - 1,173
  • Hyundai - 832