Interpol issues 'red notice' for arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

News_Editor

Judas, fora delinquent you seem to be way too eager to get to the bottom of case, you are not going to give him away for few silver coins?

Ask LaoPo, he seems to be authority on sex without condoms and lesbians in Sweden, not to mention the moronic behivaour of their prosecutors, and circus called Interpol, one thing you should know, Julian Assange is no spring chicken and he know these woman and knew what he was doing and getting into! Woman invite a guy to their apartment have sex with him and accuse him of not using condom, this clap trap doesn't cut ice in any quarters! It is pure circus, and Swedish peasants prosecutor, are pretty good for being thick and humbugs! They have blundered into the morass, and cannot extricate themselves out of it, so they have now gone full speed into deep sh.....! Those two womenhave gone under ground with younger one reported now in Israel! The entire Swedish justice system has been exposed to universal ridicule and has become object of derogatory interest and left lot of rotten eggs on their collective face.

Edited by kujirasan

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was there sexual abuse, or sexuellt utnyttjande, in which Mr. Assange abused his position of power or authority?

With the spread of HIV, herpes and hepatitis, many laws have been broadened to deal with the people that wilfully spread these diseases. Usually a sexual assault is deemed to have occurred when someone touches any part of another person's body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person's consent. Some jurisdictions broadened the definition to include sexual intercourse without taking precautions. The fact that Mr. Assange ignored the request to use a condom and then refused to be tested for a sexually transmitted disease left his partner with emotional trauma.

Don't snicker. It's a legitimate fear. It is also up to the judge to decide after a careful review of the facts. Let the Swedish courts do their job.

The latter bold part belongs -exclusively- to the accusations of the 2 girls (girlfriends btw) who visited the police and filed a complaint......ONE WEEK AFTER they slept, and had consensual sex, with Assange...

You better read this:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4064934

LaoPo

Yes, i read it. I have not claimed that Mr. Assange is a rapist. All that I have pointed out is that he is accused of sex crimes. It does not matter if someone reports the the alleged crime a week or two weeks after the event. In this case, it is alleged that Mr. Assange would not cooperate in obtaining verification as to his HIV status. It is quite understandable that someone would become frustrated at a refusal to behave in a gentlemanly manner,Had Mr. Assange responded to the concerns, he could pull out his test result and tell the police, see, I am clean and she made it up. Don't blame the women until there is a full court hearingand all of the events are setablished. In the meantime, Mr. Assange has an obligation to respond to the Swedish authorities. He may very well get off. However, if he copulated with people he did not know and did not use a condom, this speaks volumes as to his psychological characterstics. Would you be so understanding if Mr. Assange had been an American and released information that showed that the Chinese had an industrial espionage ring in Canada?

What I find strange here, is Interpol being asked, and agreeing ( maybe they have no choice but to agree? ) to post a red notice over this case. Assange faces a maximum penalty of a fine if convicted yet, under Swedish law defamation is a criminal offence carrying a penality of 6 months in prison. It would therefore be reasonable to argue that speaking/writing something bad about another person is viewed as a more serious offender under Swedish law. Would a Swedish prosecutor really involve Interpol in the hunt for someone suspected of defamation?

It seems to me as if we have an over zealous prosecutor or she is feeling pressure from higher up the food chain.

As already mentioned by a poster though, it seems strange Assagne does not surrender for question. One could reasonably assume that he could not be held in prison awaiting trial, if charged , as even if convicted the offence does not carry the possibilty of incarceration. Perhaps Assagne is concerned that once in the hands of the authorities he may face other more serious and, possibly unrelated charges?

some of the evidence that was posted online was taken off, probably for the defense. Like screen-shots from that lady's twitters, she deleted later and other relevant info.

That particular lady was called in on a very short notice to attend the meeting/conference and then sitting in the first row in her pink sexy outfit.

To me it looks like she was planted. Follow the trail back and you know who's behind.

Apart from that, I was under the impression that someone is ALWAYS innocent until proven guilty, but as usual, you're having the hammer of the Judge in your hands, once more, suggesting he is guilty of rape.

Why all the dishonest spin?

I never said he was guilty. I said that he is wanted. on very serious sexual charges including rape - which he is - but you keep trying to claim that he is innocent with nothing but very questionable claims on Internet blogs to back up your opinion.

I said that he is guilty of spreading stolen documents which he has admitted.

As was said recently by a very wise man: "Let the Swedish courts do their job."

YOU ask me?...you, who are dishonestly spinning and twisting words and sentences in the Swedish article?

You indeed never said he was guilty...

Exactly. I never said he was guilty of rape as we do not have all the facts and that includes you.

I did post a link directly from the article that backs up the fact that he is wanted

No dishonesty. No spin. No twisting of words and more importantly, no quotes from wacky Internet blogs that prove next to nothing. :rolleyes: .

The director of communications of Sweden's Prosecution Authority told VOA that Sweden has issued a European arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, because he is wanted for interrogation as suspect in a case involving rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.

http://www.voanews.c...-111289324.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

What I find strange here, is Interpol being asked, and agreeing ( maybe they have no choice but to agree? ) to post a red notice over this case. Assange faces a maximum penalty of a fine if convicted yet, under Swedish law defamation is a criminal offence carrying a penality of 6 months in prison. It would therefore be reasonable to argue that speaking/writing something bad about another person is viewed as a more serious offender under Swedish law. Would a Swedish prosecutor really involve Interpol in the hunt for someone suspected of defamation?

It seems to me as if we have an over zealous prosecutor or she is feeling pressure from higher up the food chain.

As already mentioned by a poster though, it seems strange Assagne does not surrender for question. One could reasonably assume that he could not be held in prison awaiting trial, if charged , as even if convicted the offence does not carry the possibilty of incarceration. Perhaps Assagne is concerned that once in the hands of the authorities he may face other more serious and, possibly unrelated charges?

I will assume you are correct about the penalties for the crime if convicted. Unless there is a suspicion of embassies dealing with the Nazi family past of certain members of Swedish royalty I can't see anything that would motivate the Swedes to want to get Assange out of the picture.

I certainly don't think the Swedes are in the American's pocket as relationships between the two country have been up and down for years.

Since countries act in their own interest this one stumps me.

Why would the Swedes do it?

Judas for a character with biblical reputation for treachery, you seem to be playing a naive role here.

First they charged him with rape then they dropped it then charged again why they were accused of misusing the judiciary, after that the women, known for their promiscuity in the radical circles etc have come up with the case that he did not want to use a condom, first of they took him to their apartment, and kept him there, if he did not want to use condoms it is very easy to overcome this short coming, just what the two chaste ladies had to do is to have refused sex, and if Assanged persisted, they should have asked him to leave, and if refused, they could have called the Police and had him ejected, which is very common in holy Sweden! That is it, no condom no sex, and piss off. The whole charade is beyond contempt, one day they issue arrest warrant for rape they next day they retract it, then they issue warrant again for sex crime. It show the Swedish Legal system is a joke and heavily biased in favour of female fraternity, putting aside the ulterior motives of the politicians and judicial clowns.

In relation tho that question this is what the BBC website says :-

" His British lawyer Mark Stephens told the BBC's Today programme that the police knew where Mr Assange was living if they needed to get in touch with him.

He said his client was in a "bizarre situation" where he had tried to seek a meeting with the Swedish prosecutor to discuss the charges against him, but had been rebuffed. :ermm:

"If the prosecutor had any concern for the women making the complaints, any concern about truth or justice, she would pick up the phone and get in touch with Julian - she knows how to do it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11911162

The director of communications of Sweden's Prosecution Authority told VOA that Sweden has issued a European arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, because he is wanted for interrogation as suspect in a case involving rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.

http://www.voanews.c...-111289324.html

If it wouldn't be so sad I could find it hilarious. What about big brother installs cameras in bedrooms, lol. Where's the video?

First case was dropped (alleged breaking condom and he didn't stop after asked too). Then he didn't have the cash for the sub or whatsoever transportation, who contributed a breaking condom then? Or is he loaded with condoms when traveling?

The other cases are obviously a setup as seen in quite a few posts here and elsewhere.

In relation tho that question this is what the BBC website says :-

" His British lawyer Mark Stephens told the BBC's Today programme that the police knew where Mr Assange was living if they needed to get in touch with him.

He said his client was in a "bizarre situation" where he had tried to seek a meeting with the Swedish prosecutor to discuss the charges against him, but had been rebuffed. :ermm:

"If the prosecutor had any concern for the women making the complaints, any concern about truth or justice, she would pick up the phone and get in touch with Julian - she knows how to do it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11911162

I read something that he will be not extradited because the maximum penalty for these offenses allegedly committed are over 12 month and therfore disqualfied for extradition. The Swedes gave 24 months.

One has to say this Red Notice does seem to be curious. Firstly, Assange is not an escaped felon, has not been charged with anything, nor is he in realistic terms evading the Swedes, since as noted his lawyers have endeavoured to establish communication. As I understand it, strictly speaking, the notice is intended to assist in location and advise, but as Interpol itself comments, as a matter of practice if countries have extradition treaties between them then such a notice rapidly becomes a process of detention and possible extradition. However, it would appear that the UK is, at least at present, uncomfortable with this, hence the 'technical' concerns. Usually, by the by, in extradition proceedings there has to be some commonality of law, which might well not be the case here anyway.

As to the overarching legal issue re the leaks it is interesting to note that the US government is relying not on enshrined case law, but on Executive Order 13526, ironically given the stump statements about the [ab]use of this instrument by candidate Obama, said EO was signed by him on December 29, 2009.

Regards

PS Whilst not in anyway comparing actions of the individuals, another Red Notice traveller is [still] Roman Polanski.

Edited by A_Traveller

All I want to know is that if it werent Assange who was accused of having sex without a condom in Sweden but say "Joe Smith" would Interpol even be involved and if they were would any effort be put into the case?

sweet revenge for the followers of Assange....they could totally saturate the Swedish legal system

with an avalanche of similar " claims " :lol: That will teach them tobe stooges for the USA :bah:

another Red Notice traveller is [still] Roman Polanski.

Also for alleged sex crimes.

Not alleged at all. He admitted unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, known as statutory rape in the UK. He fled the USA hours before sentencing.

another Red Notice traveller is [still] Roman Polanski.

Also for alleged sex crimes.

Not alleged at all. He admitted unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, known as statutory rape in the UK. He fled the USA hours before sentencing.

I guess we shouldnt mention the druging of the minor and sodomy too. A vile character but one for some reason many apologists support. A very different case from the Assange one.

Edited to add: Of course Polanski is a pedophile too. Nobody is accusing Assange of that (yet)

Edited by hammered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was there sexual abuse, or sexuellt utnyttjande, in which Mr. Assange abused his position of power or authority?

With the spread of HIV, herpes and hepatitis, many laws have been broadened to deal with the people that wilfully spread these diseases. Usually a sexual assault is deemed to have occurred when someone touches any part of another person's body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person's consent. Some jurisdictions broadened the definition to include sexual intercourse without taking precautions. The fact that Mr. Assange ignored the request to use a condom and then refused to be tested for a sexually transmitted disease left his partner with emotional trauma.

Don't snicker. It's a legitimate fear. It is also up to the judge to decide after a careful review of the facts. Let the Swedish courts do their job.

The latter bold part belongs -exclusively- to the accusations of the 2 girls (girlfriends btw) who visited the police and filed a complaint......ONE WEEK AFTER they slept, and had consensual sex, with Assange...

You better read this:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4064934

LaoPo

Yes, i read it. I have not claimed that Mr. Assange is a rapist. All that I have pointed out is that he is accused of sex crimes. It does not matter if someone reports the the alleged crime a week or two weeks after the event. In this case, it is alleged that Mr. Assange would not cooperate in obtaining verification as to his HIV status. It is quite understandable that someone would become frustrated at a refusal to behave in a gentlemanly manner,Had Mr. Assange responded to the concerns, he could pull out his test result and tell the police, see, I am clean and she made it up. Don't blame the women until there is a full court hearingand all of the events are setablished. In the meantime, Mr. Assange has an obligation to respond to the Swedish authorities. He may very well get off. However, if he copulated with people he did not know and did not use a condom, this speaks volumes as to his psychological characterstics. Would you be so understanding if Mr. Assange had been an American and released information that showed that the Chinese had an industrial espionage ring in Canada?

In the case of Ardin it is clear that she has thrown a party in Assange's honour at her flat after the "crime" and tweeted to her followers that she is with the "the world's coolest smartest people, it's amazing!". Go on the internet and see for yourself. That Ardin has sought unsuccessfully to delete these exculpatory tweets from the public record should be a matter of grave concern. That she has published on the internet a guide on how to get revenge on cheating boyfriends ever graver. The exact content of Wilén's mobile phone texts is not yet known but their bragging and exculpatory character has been confirmed by Swedish prosecutors. Niether Wilén's nor Ardin's texts complain of rape.

But then neither Arden nor Wilén complained to the police but rather "sought advice", a technique in Sweden enabling citizens to avoid just punishment for making false complaints. They sought advice together, having collaborated and irrevocably tainted each other's evidence beforehand. Their SMS texts to each other show a plan to contact the Swedish newspaper Expressen beforehand in order to maximise the damage to Assange. They belong to the same political group and attended a public lecture given by Assange and organised by them. You can see Wilén on the YouTube video of the event even now.

Continues:

http://www.crikey.co...-they-go-along/

And, about your last sentence: YES I would; nationality has nothing to do with this case but I really don't understand what industrial espionage has to do with this alleged rape case.

As if I would excuse everything if the word China shows up; silly, really.

If a Chinese would rape a woman and I hear of it...? put him in jail, scumbags belong in jail, Canadian, Australian, Thai or Chinese scumbags, it makes no difference there are rapists in every society.

Espionage is food for Diplomats and their consecutive Governemtns; they all carry a load of butter on their heads. They all commit espionage but let's get back on topic.

LaoPo

Judas, fora delinquent you seem to be way too eager to get to the bottom of case, you are not going to give him away for few silver coins?

Ask LaoPo, he seems to be authority on sex without condoms and lesbians in Sweden, not to mention the moronic behivaour of their prosecutors, and circus called Interpol, one thing you should know, Julian Assange is no spring chicken and he know these woman and knew what he was doing and getting into! Woman invite a guy to their apartment have sex with him and accuse him of not using condom, this clap trap doesn't cut ice in any quarters! It is pure circus, and Swedish peasants prosecutor, are pretty good for being thick and humbugs! They have blundered into the morass, and cannot extricate themselves out of it, so they have now gone full speed into deep sh.....! Those two womenhave gone under ground with younger one reported now in Israel! The entire Swedish justice system has been exposed to universal ridicule and has become object of derogatory interest and left lot of rotten eggs on their collective face.

:cheesy:

...:w00t:...with younger one reported now in Israel...?

Isn't that odd, since the other one (her girlfriend) is "She'd written masters degree essays on the Cuban resistance and lesbian/queer feminism, she's been backing pro-arab anti-semitic causes"

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4064882

LaoPo

As already mentioned by a poster though, it seems strange Assagne does not surrender for question. One could reasonably assume that he could not be held in prison awaiting trial, if charged , as even if convicted the offence does not carry the possibilty of incarceration.

Perhaps Assagne is concerned that once in the hands of the authorities he may face other more serious and, possibly unrelated charges?

1, correct, although we can only speculate if there are indeed higher forces using the thumb screws..or not.

2. That's incorrect.

Don't forget that there is now already the third prosecutor in this case and that Assange was in Sweden when the allegations (or as it's said, asked for "advice" with the police...) took place in August.

On a much later date in autumn Assange's lawyer contacted the prosecutor and asked her if she wanted to talk/interrogate Assange; answer: no need.

"Is he allowed to travel abroad": answer: yes.

Only at a later stage, when Assange was outside Sweden already, the prosecutor asked the lawyer where he was since she wanted to talk/interrogate with Assange.

Than it was too late; but it was offered to talk with the prosecutor on any Embassy somewhere in Europe, in the presence of his lawyer and police.

3. Of course he's concerned....

LaoPo

some of the evidence that was posted online was taken off, probably for the defense. Like screen-shots from that lady's twitters, she deleted later and other relevant info.

That particular lady was called in on a very short notice to attend the meeting/conference and then sitting in the first row in her pink sexy outfit.

To me it looks like she was planted. Follow the trail back and you know who's behind.

AFAIK, the Lady -Anna Ardin- was the one organizing the event held in a bar/restaurant for 100 people.....not just a guest and it indeed looks more and more the whole event was a well planned set-up.

Later that evening Ardin invited Assange to come and sleep at her place...instead going to a hotel.

Mind you, these 2 didn't know each other from before and never met.

Assange and Ms Ardin...who was writing essays about lesbian/queer feminism and anti-semitic- and pro-arab causes, was also the one opening the first Lesbian club on her home (large) island of Gotland (between Sweden and Latvia).

Sigh...what a world :rolleyes:

LaoPo

If he isnt arrested its possible his life would be ended unexpectedly , an accident !!

If he is arrested and is guilty of sexual misconduct then ok , give him the punishment he possibly deserves.

If its because of the Wikileaks that he is really being hunted for , then there should be a worldwide campaign to get him released. Its about time that we know what is happening , the truth !! Constant lies by my government and others is what we know already but knowing the truth is what should know and I am in favour of getting everything out in the open , then maybe we can all do something about the governments that we have .

Exactly. Spot-on. The whole case against Assange is a crock of ........

Assange should do the right thing and release ALL of his personal, professional, confidential correspondence for the past 5 years and let the world decide whether he is guilty or not.

Why don't you send him a message, asking?

LaoPo

Exactly. Spot-on. The whole case against Assange is a crock of ........

Exactly. One amazing aspect of all this is how all our assumptions relating to fairness, freedom and democracy are being shown to be total myths by the actions of our governments, corproations and some if not all elements of media. The most tin foil conspiracist couldnt have come up with a story like this.

5 December 2010 Last updated at 13:12 GMT

Wikileaks' Julian Assange to fight Swedish allegations

_50258066_010733064-1.jpg Mr Assange has dismissed allegations against him as a smear

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange will fight attempts to take him to Sweden to face rape allegations, his lawyer said.

Mark Stephens told the BBC that legal moves against his client seem(ed) to be a "political stunt" by a state that allowed US rendition flights.

He warned Wikileaks could release more secrets in a bid to protect itself.

A Swedish arrest warrant for Mr Assange was issued on Thursday. It comes amid the phased Wikileaks release of some 250,000 US diplomatic secret messages.

The warrant to interview the journalist - thought currently to be in the UK - concerns alleged sexual crimes during a visit to Sweden in August.

But Mr Stephens told the BBC's Andrew Marr that the entire case against Mr Assange had been dropped by Sweden's chief prosecutor in September.

He said it was only "after the intervention of a Swedish politician" that a new prosecutor in Gothenburg - not Stockholm, where his client and two women had been - began a new case.

It resulted in the current warrants, and an Interpol notice being issued. His client denies the allegations.

Mr Stephens said: "It does seem to be a political stunt.

Continue reading the main story

LaoPo

The Shameful Attacks on Julian Assange

By David Samuels

julian%20assange%20getty%20carousel.jpg

Julian Assange and Pfc Bradley Manning have done a huge public service by making hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. government documents available on Wikileaks -- and, predictably, no one is grateful. Manning, a former army intelligence analyst in Iraq, faces up to 52 years in prison. He is currently being held in solitary confinement at a military base in Quantico, Virginia, where he is not allowed to see his parents or other outside visitors.

Assange, the organizing brain of Wikileaks, enjoys a higher degree of freedom living as a hunted man in England under the close surveillance of domestic and foreign intelligence agencies -- but probably not for long.

Not since President Richard Nixon directed his minions to go after Pentagon Papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg and New York Times reporter Neil Sheehan - "a vicious antiwar type," an enraged Nixon called him on the Watergate tapes -- has a working journalist and his source been subjected to the kind of official intimidation and threats that have been directed at Assange and Manning by high-ranking members of the Obama Administration.

http://www.theatlant...-assange/67440/

LaoPo

State Department To Columbia University Students: DO NOT Discuss WikiLeaks On Facebook, Twitter...or else...

Updated: 12- 4-10 10:59 PM

Talking about WikiLeaks on Facebook or Twitter could endanger your job prospects, a State Department official warned students at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs this week.

An email from SIPA's Office of Career Services went out Tuesday afternoon with a caution from the official, an alumnus of the school. Students who will be applying for jobs in the federal government could jeopardize their prospects by posting links to WikiLeaks online, or even by discussing the leaked documents on social networking sites, the official was quoted as saying.

"[The alumnus] recommends that you DO NOT post links to these documents nor make comments on social media sites such as Facebook or through Twitter," the Office of Career Services advised students. "Engaging in these activities would call into question your ability to deal with confidential information, which is part of most positions with the federal government."

http://www.huffingto...m_n_792059.html

LaoPo