Best Burritos

corkscrew

If your in Hua Hin there is a fairly new Restuarant owned and run by 2 mexican cousins. The menue is small but the food is good and real Mexican. Its name is Margaritas and is on the Night market street across from all the seafood places. There Burritos are big and 160-190bht and they are homemade tortillas and warm salsa.REAL MEXICAN.

Those prices are what a burrito should cost here. They're not that expensive to make, certainly not to command 12 bucks. I look forward to trying the place on my next visit to Hua Hin.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your in Hua Hin there is a fairly new Restuarant owned and run by 2 mexican cousins. The menue is small but the food is good and real Mexican. Its name is Margaritas and is on the Night market street across from all the seafood places. There Burritos are big and 160-190bht and they are homemade tortillas and warm salsa.REAL MEXICAN.

Those prices are what a burrito should cost here. They're not that expensive to make, certainly not to command 12 bucks. I look forward to trying the place on my next visit to Hua Hin.

I can remember a few years ago when we used to declare that we would pay 500 baht and up for a decent burrito. i'm just glad that we finally have the choice.

I can remember a few years ago when we used to declare that we would pay 500 baht and up for a decent burrito. i'm just glad that we finally have the choice.

It is good to have choices if those choices are good. The only decent burrito I have had was at La Monita. The first time I ate there I thought it was great, probably because of how bad the others are at the other places. Now I think the burritos at La Monita are OK but grossly overpriced. I am still looking for a taqueria-style burrito that does not cost double what they cost in the USA. It does not take much money to make flour tortillas. The vegetables do not cost that much. Salsa is easy to make in Thailand and is not expensive. And if you know how to make Mexican-style beef and pork, you should be able to make a burrito for about US$5 in Thailand, or less. I disagree with the poster who thinks the "prices are right." Most of the Mexican restaurants are not even using authentic Mexican spices (which they would have to import). I am sure the main expense for them is rent.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

• 3 weeks later...

It is good to have choices if those choices are good. The only decent burrito I have had was at La Monita. The first time I ate there I thought it was great, probably because of how bad the others are at the other places. Now I think the burritos at La Monita are OK but grossly overpriced. I am still looking for a taqueria-style burrito that does not cost double what they cost in the USA. It does not take much money to make flour tortillas. The vegetables do not cost that much. Salsa is easy to make in Thailand and is not expensive. And if you know how to make Mexican-style beef and pork, you should be able to make a burrito for about US$5 in Thailand, or less. I disagree with the poster who thinks the "prices are right." Most of the Mexican restaurants are not even using authentic Mexican spices (which they would have to import). I am sure the main expense for them is rent.

Not a burrito, but I recently ate at La Monitas again and had a great cheese enchilada, fantastic beef taco, and wonderful guacamole, all for a measly 600 bhat! Still, it was good. They told me they now serve beef fajitas. If the beef is anything like the beef I had in the beef taco, La Monita's beef fajitas will no doubt be the best in town.

• 2 weeks later...

Los Cabos on Suk soi 14 is having a 99 Baht burrito promotion on Tuesdays (along with their regular 25 Baht tacos). Think there were around 4 or 5 options for the burritos. I had the chili Colorado one last week and well worth the money compared to some of the other joints. Not sure if they will extend it beyond June but I'd assume so if there is demand.

Until a LA style taco truck pops up around here I think I'll be goin back for my burrito fixes.

Los Cabos on Suk soi 14 is having a 99 Baht burrito promotion on Tuesdays (along with their regular 25 Baht tacos). Think there were around 4 or 5 options for the burritos. I had the chili Colorado one last week and well worth the money compared to some of the other joints. Not sure if they will extend it beyond June but I'd assume so if there is demand.

Until a LA style taco truck pops up around here I think I'll be goin back for my burrito fixes.

Sounds good! So, for the 600 baht I just spent at La Monita for a taco, cheese enchilada and guacamole and chips, I could have (in theory) eaten, at Los Cabos: 3 burritos and 12 tacos! La Monita serves pretty good stuff, but it is way overpriced.

Well Spolia, there's an easy solution to that problem.. Just stop posting here. :)

I think Jorge's had it with Tv, got tired of debating the 'right' way to make Mexican food with members who know little about Mexican cuisine ;)

Well, chandler, obviously he wasn't debating with me ;)

Spolia,

I agree with you, I got tired of the same and stopped posting here for the same reason, I eat my own home made Mexican food at home.

Cheers :D