Owning A House In A Villa Complex...

Dear All,

So there's a Villa complex just a few years old in Phuket where myself and quite a few Farang and Thai's live happily

(about 100 houses in total, maybe 50% built/sold, the rest vacant plots) ...

BTW I really like our house (4 bed, 3 bath, 200 sq M on half a Rai)

Except there's a few things that we'd like changed ie the swimming pool cleaned/holes in manhole covers fixed, drains fixed, the roads swept etc etc etc

Trouble is the 2 Thai owners(s)now don't talk to each other, and don't even reply to joint letters from us ...

What ore our rights especially since we paid 3 years fees in advance when we bought the properties ...

Best Regards

Sleesy

As nobody else has answered I'll have a go.

In a condo when 50% of the development is sold the owners can form a committee to take over the running of the condo from the developer, collect and use maintenance fees etc.

I suspect this is possible in a housing development, but I'm not totally sure, maybe someone will come along with confirmation / refutation, otherwise ask a lawyer.

Firstly, you need to know that your house is under Village Act BE.2543 (2000) (The allocation of land and house law)

You can see on written word behind of Chanote(Title Deed).

Secondly, your village need to register village juristic at land office

Then, you can make them to be paid for fee by Village Act BE.2543 (2000)

Down load (In Thai)

Section 50, who is responsible to pay for maintenance and facility management fee in accordance of the late payments over time will have to pay a fine for delayed payment at the rate prescribed by the juristic committee policy.

Those who owe money on maintenance and facilities management fee from over consecutive 3 months, service may be suspended or exercise facilities.

In the case owe of over consecutive 6 months. The Land officer has the right to suspend the registration of those lands until paid in full. However, according to the rules and procedures prescribed by the Village Board of land office.

To assume the debts, maintenance and facility management data in the preferential treatment of debt over the movable property of the allocation of arrears.

Thanks for replies, 50% is interesting, just wonder if villas same as Condo law ....

As nobody else has answered I'll have a go.

In a condo when 50% of the development is sold the owners can form a committee to take over the running of the condo from the developer, collect and use maintenance fees etc.

I suspect this is possible in a housing development, but I'm not totally sure, maybe someone will come along with confirmation / refutation, otherwise ask a lawyer.

Hi nara80 - do you know if it is possible to get hold off an English translation? Presumably hard copy otherwise you would have posted the link :rolleyes:

Thanks

Hi topt, I don't have in Eng version. Actually, I really need Eng as well.

By the way, I have my own Eng Translation by google translator which not 100% translation.

If so, could you PM you email to me, I will sent to you.

Cheers,

Hi nara80 - do you know if it is possible to get hold off an English translation? Presumably hard copy otherwise you would have posted the link :rolleyes:

Thanks

By the way, I have my own Eng Translation by google translator which not 100% translation.

Cheers,

PM'd you. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Cheers,

PM'd you. Thanks in advance.

Already sent..... :)