Foreigners Could Be In Line For Royal Decorations

george

ROYAL DECORATIONS: Foreigners could be in line

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Ministry should be encouraged to submit names of foreigners and Thais living overseas who have contributed to the Kingdom’s wellbeing for royal decorations, a top official said yesterday.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam told Thai ambassadors yesterday that other ministries, such as Interior and Defence, have submitted the names of many people for royal consideration.

Wissanu said he would like to see Thais living overseas who have been working very hard to promote Thailand get royal decorations. Each year, the government would consider lists of names that deserve royal awards, he said.

“Sometimes, you have those drivers who have worked overtime diligently at Thai embassies,” he said.

The ambassadors and consular staff are here for a week-long orientation that includes an audience with HM the King and seminars with leading businessmen and policymakers.

--The Nation 2005-08-16

Joe Cummings , Bernard Trink , and Stickman ? and Stephen Leather ?

I was thinking more of Christopher Moore - now there is a person who has truly dedicated his life to the Kingdoms reputation. His books have such fascinating insights of Thailand and Thai everyday life as it really is. It was only after reading a couple of his books that I really started to understand what this country is all about.....

I was thinking more of Christopher Moore - now there is a person who has truly dedicated his life to the Kingdoms reputation.  His books have such fascinating insights of Thailand and Thai everyday life as it really is.  It was only after reading a couple of his books that I really started to understand what this country is all about.....

Search for him also with "Christopher G. Moore"; he pops up under bothe names.

I shall look for some of his books when in Bangkok in December. I'll need somethiong to read while lying on the beach in Koh Samui.

I was thinking more of Christopher Moore - now there is a person who has truly dedicated his life to the Kingdoms reputation.  His books have such fascinating insights of Thailand and Thai everyday life as it really is.  It was only after reading a couple of his books that I really started to understand what this country is all about.....

Search for him also with "Christopher G. Moore"; he pops up under bothe names.

I shall look for some of his books when in Bangkok in December. I'll need somethiong to read while lying on the beach in Koh Samui.

Dude - I was being sarcastic!!!!! :o It is pure drivel - all bar girl stories, and daft plots. I bet you CG Moore has never got a tan while in Thailand - he probably never saw daylight and never left the bars!

Pick up a copy of one of Pira Sudhams books instead - he was a Thai writer from the NE. Passed away only a few years ago. In his books you will learn about the "real" LOS - from a Thai perspective. And this time I am being serious! :D

Edited by WhiteShiva

and Stickman

is that a fricken joke ? services to cheap sex commentary...hahaha.

Don't forget his glorious contributions to software piracy and fraudulent bar-girl "investigation" if the rumours are to be believed.

he cant possibly have a work permit for all his income generating activities outside being an english teacher.i wonder what would happen if the dept of labor turned up at his doorstep !

Dude - I was being sarcastic!!!!! :o It is pure drivel - all bar girl stories, and daft plots.  I bet you CG Moore has never got a tan while in Thailand - he probably never saw daylight and never left the bars!

Pick up a copy of one of Pira Sudhams books instead - he was a Thai writer from the NE.  Passed away only a few years ago.  In his books you will learn about the "real" LOS - from a Thai perspective.  And this time I am being serious! :D

Thank you for telling me. You had me fooled there.

Really, really, honest-to-god, cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die serious this time? :D

All right, I am taking CG Moore off my shopping list and put Pira Sudhams there instead.

<searching the Interntet>

Nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature once, no less!

Dude - I was being sarcastic!!!!! :o It is pure drivel - all bar girl stories, and daft plots.  I bet you CG Moore has never got a tan while in Thailand - he probably never saw daylight and never left the bars!

Pick up a copy of one of Pira Sudhams books instead - he was a Thai writer from the NE.  Passed away only a few years ago.  In his books you will learn about the "real" LOS - from a Thai perspective.  And this time I am being serious! :D

Thank you for telling me. You had me fooled there.

Really, really, honest-to-god, cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die serious this time? :D

All right, I am taking CG Moore off my shopping list and put Pira Sudhams there instead.

<searching the Interntet>

Nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature once, no less!

Yep - that is him!

Pick up a copy of one of Pira Sudhams books instead - he was a Thai writer from the NE. Passed away only a few years ago. In his books you will learn about the "real" LOS - from a Thai perspective. And this time I am being serious! :D

From where do you get your info Shiva? :D

I'm sure Pira Sudham would be very upset to read that he'd "passed away". :o

From where do you get your info Shiva? :D

I'm sure Pira Sudham would be very upset to read that he'd "passed away". :o

Plachon - I stand corrected, and never have I been so glad to have be proven wrong! :D Seem to remember someone told me a few years back, but I checked to make absolutely sure, and you are 100% right.

He has a good web site http://www.pirasudham.com/

My apologies - look forward to read more of his books in teh future!