WikiLeaks website again offline after company cuts DNS service

News_Editor

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't broken any laws this is a witch hunt for a truely great geniune guy.

Who is under arrest for sex crimes and being investigated for espionage. :whistling:

Totally wrong, he is being detained pending an extradition request that may or may not granted.

Your assertion that he is under arrest for sex crimes is wrong, libellous and inflamatory.

I guess you do it deliberately...

The USA authorities might be investigating the chance of trying to make a charge under American espionage laws but again, that is far different from your statement.

I wonder if you are man enough apologise to Julian Assange for your incorrect and libellous remarks on a public board?

Then he is 'under arrest pending extradition for sex crimes in another country'.

Feel better now? Your semantic argument didn't further understanding the issue a bit.

Unfortunately animatic, for some posters one must state that which is clear to everyone else. A tactic of ignoring the truth, employed by some posters to bolster their empty arguments, requires one to make the extra effort to point out the obvious.

Interesting how this thread which isnt about Assange and his possible criminal actions has been spun onto that subject and away from the freedom of information aspects the thread is about. Still as well analysed that is the aim of the US government and those enemies of free speech that support them and do not want the people to know their machinations, excesses and crimes

Interesting how this thread which isnt about Assange and his possible criminal actions has been spun onto that subject and away from the freedom of information aspects the thread is about. Still as well analysed that is the aim of the US government and those enemies of free speech that support them and do not want the people to know their machinations, excesses and crimes

Thank you.

A good and timely point.

My apologies for letting myself be distracted by the nutters on here.

Suggest everybody sign the avaaz petition and also have a long look at the Guardian newspaper website that has very detailed information.

Heartache for the US administration for there deceit and lies.

I keep getting lost by the posts which continually claim this. What deceit? What lies? All I have read are documents which might embarrassed the US or other countries. Have i missed something here?

He hasn't broken any laws this is a witch hunt for a truely great geniune guy.

As I posted before, you know this, ..., how? Do you have privy info on what may or may not have happened in Sweden? And you know him personally to know he is a "great guy."

I don't know if he is or not, and I will withhold judgement on the legality of his activities until more info is out. But from reports which have been "leaked" by his own staff, people on his own side, well, his personality may be a bit on the not so great side. Not that that matters to the basic issue of WikiLeaks.

I just wouldn't rush to annoint him to sainthood just as yet.

Australian soldiers are dying in Afganistan for America, I think this is a good time to bring our people home.

"Dying for America?" I didn't know the Australians are US lapdogs. THey are in Afghanistan for their own purposes, and to cry that they are in it for America is rather demeaning to the nation.

To be fair, I should say that - for reasons that I won't go into here - I f*cking hate america so I'm all for anyone having a go at them

At last, some honesty here.

I earnestly believe that while there are some people who really feel in their hearts that the issue is one of free flow if information, many people coming in on the issue just hate the USA. And while I abhor your unilateral "hate" of any one or any nation, at least I can admire you coming clean with the issue.

Actually many many of these 'excesses' are the quotes of foreign contacts being relayed back to Washington, and the embarrassment is as much theirs, as much or more than the USAs. So far the most embarrassment for USA has been the fact the hiuge leak happened, and much less it's back door dealings. The most horrendous things have been said by others about their neighbors, and now exposed. The damage to international diplomacy will be massive and hurt us all in the end, much more than the transient joy of today's diplomats getting a slapping.

Australian soldiers are dying in Afganistan for America, I think this is a good time to bring our people home.

"Dying for America?" I didn't know the Australians are US lapdogs. THey are in Afghanistan for their own purposes, and to cry that they are in it for America is rather demeaning to the nation.

Agreed:

Go slap your own politicians for joining, and then not leaving, the "Coalition Of The Willing".

Other nations have withdrawn, Austrailia could have too, your own action, don't blame others.

Australia has it's own reasons for this and I doubt they are Bush or Obama's.

There is no purpose for Australia to be in Afaganistan apart from a request from America to help them in thier war. Australia will gain asolutely nothing from it apart from the deaths of good young Australians and all for an American cause. Yes you can say Australians are U.S lapdogs whenever America tells Australia to sit, rollover or beg we will. That is extreemely demeaning to Australians and we do it because we don't want to be hit on the nose with the rolled up newspaper. Do Australians feel humilliated because of this yes we do.

There is no purpose for Australia to be in Afaganistan apart from a request from America to help them in thier war. Australia will gain asolutely nothing from it apart from the deaths of good young Australians and all for an American cause. Yes you can say Australians are U.S lapdogs whenever America tells Australia to sit, rollover or beg we will. That is extreemely demeaning to Australians and we do it because we don't want to be hit on the nose with the rolled up newspaper. Do Australians feel humilliated because of this yes we do.

Was there "no purpose" for the US to be in WWI? Of course there was a purpose, or the US would not have been there, nor would the Australians be in Afghanistan without a purpose. Whether you agree with that purpose is another issue entirely, and one which is up to the Australians to decide.

Australia is in independent nation fully capable of making its own decisions. They don't need a mommy to approve that, nor do I see any "rolled up newspaper" in sight.

Many posters are crying out that Assange is not American, so he is not subject to US laws. That what he is doing is not espionage. Not passing judgement yet, of course it could be. "Treason?" I would say not. Only the Australians or perhaps where he did the publishing in Europe could determine treason, but espionage can be against any country.

If a spy is caught, that spy is doing the bidding of his nation. He is a hero there. But he gets imprisoned or executed by the country catching him.

Israel executed or imprisoned many Nazis for crimes committed in Europe, not in Israel. Cyber-criminals have been extradited despite doing the crimes in other countries.

So that whole argument is really naive.

Personally, I am not sure what degree of culpability, if any, Assange has in publishing the documents. But some of these arguments on why has has none hold no water. If he is not culpable, then the reason will not be so simplistic.

Please refrain from quoting entire articles which are lengthy. It makes it very difficult to follow the content of the thread. Quote the first three sentences and then a link to the article. Also, please read the Original Post and the updates. This thread is about WikiLeaks being taken off-line.

The Wikileaks situation is very broad-based, but we need everyone's cooperation to stay on-topic.

Thanks.

Was there "no purpose" for the US to be in WWI? Of course there was a purpose, or the US would not have been there, nor would the Australians be in Afghanistan without a purpose. Whether you agree with that purpose is another issue entirely, and one which is up to the Australians to decide.

Australia is in independent nation fully capable of making its own decisions. They don't need a mommy to approve that, nor do I see any "rolled up newspaper" in sight.

Yes Australia is there for a purpose and only one purpose and that is the request for help from the U.S. Australia will gain zip, absolutly nothing from it. The weight of America pushing down on Australia to comply is enormous. I am a firm believer if that America persist and take Assange, trial him on trumped up charges and possibly execute him then Australia should cut all ties with the U.S, pull our troops out of the American conflict in Afganistan and demand that America pack up all it military bases on Australian soil and bugger off. Friends to not treat friends in such a disgusting manner. America's actions in this is a personal attack on Australian pride.

demand that America pack up all it military bases on Australian soil and bugger off.

But, contrary to speculation following this week's Australia-US Ministerial meeting (AUSMIN), the US isn't about to set up bases here or station large numbers of troops on Australian bases.

Both Australian Defence Minister Stephen Smith and US Defense Secretary Robert Gates have said as much.

-------------------------------

Mr Smith ruled out stationing US troops in Australia.

"We have no American bases in Australia and that's not proposed," he said.

Source

demand that America pack up all it military bases on Australian soil and bugger off.

But, contrary to speculation following this week's Australia-US Ministerial meeting (AUSMIN), the US isn't about to set up bases here or station large numbers of troops on Australian bases.

Both Australian Defence Minister Stephen Smith and US Defense Secretary Robert Gates have said as much.

Source

Americans do have bases in Australia. I guess that place called PINE GAP with the U.S Marines on the front gate is Spanish. America does have bases.. Go and check it out for yourself if you can get close enough.

Source

Americans do have bases in Australia. I guess that place called PINE GAP with the U.S Marines on the front gate is Spanish. America does have bases.. Go and check it out for yourself if you can get close enough.

PINE GAP ~ "The United States has three major bases in Australia. One is in South Australia (Nurranger, near Woomera, T.N.), another in New South Wales, and the third (and by far the largest) is located within about 230 km (143 miles) of the geographical center of the continent, not far to the west of Alice Springs (Northern Territory), at the foothills of the southern slopes of the MacDonnell Range. This base is completely underground, with barely visible entrances to the surface. "This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space Research Facility.

Edited by bonobo
changed font and removed bolding

Source

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for a satellite tracking station

I've only quoted what the Australian government has stated. Big difference between a full blown military base and a tracking station.

If one was cynical you could argue that Australla itself seems to be a US base.

By the way, we did vote out the last govt with one reason being the lapdog of the US. The current govt only got in because of preferences from other political parties and independants.

We are not happy campers by the way the 2 major parties are acting in these affairs and it seems, by the votes at least, that we are crying out for a party with a bit of spine and not just beg and roll over whenever asked.

PINE GAP ~ "The United States has three major bases in Australia. One is in South Australia (Nurranger, near Woomera, T.N.), another in New South Wales, and the third (and by far the largest) is located within about 230 km (143 miles) of the geographical center of the continent, not far to the west of Alice Springs (Northern Territory), at the foothills of the southern slopes of the MacDonnell Range. This base is completely underground, with barely visible entrances to the surface. "This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space Research Facility.

Please provide links to these nutty conspiracy theory web-sites, so we can get a good laugh at your so-called "evidence". :cheesy:

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/pinegap.htm

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes Australia is there for a purpose and only one purpose and that is the request for help from the U.S. Australia will gain zip, absolutly nothing from it. The weight of America pushing down on Australia to comply is enormous. I am a firm believer if that America persist and take Assange, trial him on trumped up charges and possibly execute him then Australia should cut all ties with the U.S, pull our troops out of the American conflict in Afganistan and demand that America pack up all it military bases on Australian soil and bugger off. Friends to not treat friends in such a disgusting manner. America's actions in this is a personal attack on Australian pride.

Yes, and if the UK nationalizes all US corporations, or Japan arrests all the airmen and Marines in Okinawa, if Mexico takes over San Diego, the US should take take some serious action, too. This makes as much sense as your post. If Assange was extradited, tried and convicted of trumped up charges, and executed, you would have me, as a US citizen, flying back to the US to take part in the huge protests which would be taking place. But since that is not going to happen, then why post like that?

So far, Assange is only in jeopardy as far as criminal charges in Sweden. If the US does level charges against him, and that is not a certainty. it would not be for any act punishable by death. I doubt he would even get a lengthy sentence.

A far more likely scenario would be for the US and like-minded nations.governments to try and close off sources of finance and ability to get their messages out. But even that would be extremely difficult in todays internet age.

Please provide links to these nutty conspiracy theory web-sites, so we can get a good laugh at your so-called "evidence". :cheesy:

UG:

I got lost. Who are the "greys"?

Are they the aliens or the bankers? :blink:

Yes ok Ulysses it is all one big conspiricy theory and the loony Australians including the government have fallen for it. Yes you are very correct there is absolutely no American bases what so ever on Australian soil. Just one little question as you are the guru on this, Who the hell were all those people with American accents wearing American uniforns on one of these bases in which I was posted. I thought I was working with Americans on an American base but it appears I was mistaken.

Please help me out on this if you would be so kind.

Yes ok Ulysses it is all one big conspiricy theory and the loony Australians including the government have fallen for it. Yes you are very correct there is absolutely no American bases what so ever on Australian soil. Just one little question as you are the guru on this, Who the hell were all those people with American accents wearing American uniforns on one of these bases in which I was posted. I thought I was working with Americans on an American base but it appears I was mistaken.

Please help me out on this if you would be so kind.

Probably aliens from a far away planet with oxygen :rolleyes:

LaoPo

Yes ok Ulysses it is all one big conspiricy theory...

Who writes this stuff? :cheesy:

Pine Gap is Area51 Equivelant UFO and ALien Study

"The most disquieting fact about Pine Gap may be that the employees working on the base, and especially those earmarked for duty on electromagnetic propulsion projects, have undergone brainwashing and even implantation of intracranial devices. Those employees have turned into unconditional slaves of their master, whoever he is. Rather scary, isn't it?"

http://www.unexplain...icle_2603.shtml

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes ok Ulysses it is all one big conspiricy theory...

Who writes this stuff? :cheesy:

Pine Gap is Area51 Equivelant UFO and ALien Study

"The most disquieting fact about Pine Gap may be that the employees working on the base, and especially those earmarked for duty on electromagnetic propulsion projects, have undergone brainwashing and even implantation of intracranial devices. Those employees have turned into unconditional slaves of their master, whoever he is. Rather scary, isn't it?"

http://www.unexplain...icle_2603.shtml

LOL. Sounds like a description of some posting here...

Edited by JUDAS