Tot Adsl Internet

Sunny Valentine

At my (hopefully) soon to be opened bar in Pattaya (Soi Diamond) I can only get a TOT Telephone line. TT&T told me they have no lines available and don't bother to invest in this area.

TOT can quickly provide a line, and also offer ADSL connection.

I could not get further info on their service, other than a price list, offering 4 different speeds and the prices.

From this menu the 1024/256 service for 1000 Bt a month seems to make most sense. They also offer a 1024/512 for 2700 Bt.

Anyone have more info to these services, like shared percentage, download limitations, general quality (Isuspect shitty, but I seem to have no choice ...)

Maybe a link to a TOT internet page in English?

Sunny

At my (hopefully) soon to be opened bar in Pattaya (Soi Diamond) I can only get a TOT Telephone line. TT&T told me they have no lines available and don't bother to invest in this area.

I could not get further info on their service, other than a price list, offering 4 different speeds and the prices.

From this menu the 1024/256 service for 1000 Bt a month seems to make most sense. They also offer a 1024/512 for 2700 Bt.

Anyone have more info to these services, like shared percentage, download limitations, general quality (Isuspect shitty, but I seem to have no choice ...)

Sunny

You will have a TOT phone line but I believe you can get TTT internet service as that is what I have at present

This site really bashes Maxnet for home I guess it is hit and miss but for the about 5 or 6 weeks I have had it the 512/256 package at 790 Baht the speed has been VERY FAST here is the latest speed test..

MySpeed Results

Download 466,504 bps

Upload 125,480 bps

QOS 98%

RTT 40 ms

MaxPause 232 ms

Another note when I went in to pay the bill I questioned them about giving a faster connection for the first month and then reduceding the speed so as to get more customers the guy (tech) I spoke with said that allthough this is rumored never happens Like I say many have had bad luck but I yet to have anything but good luck.

Also you can get it on a month to month so if don't like it switch carriers.

Sunny

You will have a TOT phone line but I believe you can get TTT internet service as that is what I have at present

This site really bashes Maxnet for home I guess it is hit and miss but for the about 5 or 6 weeks I have had it the 512/256 package at 790 Baht the speed has been VERY FAST here is the latest speed test..

MySpeed Results

Download 466,504 bps

Upload 125,480 bps

QOS 98%

RTT 40 ms

MaxPause 232 ms

Another note when I went in to pay the bill I questioned them about giving a faster connection for the first month and then reduceding the speed so as to get more customers the guy (tech) I spoke with said that allthough this is rumored never happens Like I say many have had bad luck but I yet to have anything but good luck.

Also you can get it on a month to month so if don't like it switch carriers.

I use a TOT line with Loxinfo seems to be a lot better than True etc

I now have the TOT adsl service in Pattaya. Probably slow by international standards, but an enormous improvement over dial-up. TOT website seems to have an english version for the home page only, so it's not much use. I went to their office on Third Road, and it was working within a few days, once their engineers managed to get it going.

What's the name of your bar?

ted

I now have the TOT adsl service in Pattaya.  Probably slow by international standards, but an enormous improvement over dial-up.  TOT website seems to have an english version for the home page only, so it's not much use.  I went to their office on Third Road, and it was working within a few days, once their engineers managed to get it going.

What's the name of your bar?

ted

Ive been using the TOT service for the last three months and its been very reliable up until we had a storm over the weekend. I got onto them Monday morning and it was up within three hours. The speeds fluctuate but Ive found it to be well worth the money.