My Avitar

corkscrew

You can see him today at Siriraj Hospital museum of forensic medicine.

He was a Chinese immigrant to LOS executed for kidnapping children and eating their guts, believing that will gain him immortality. His name is Si-ui. There was a movie about him couple of years ago wasn't it? Anybody seen it?

You can see him today at Siriraj Hospital museum of forensic medicine. 

He was a Chinese immigrant to LOS executed for kidnapping children and eating their guts, believing that will gain him immortality.  His name is Si-ui.  There was a movie about him couple of years ago wasn't it?  Anybody seen it?

######, you beat me to it :o

Personally I think public display of his body shows the lack of respect for human life and dignity of Thai society in general. He has paid the price of his crime by receiving the death penalty. I don't think anybody has any right to do anything beyond that, unless the authority had Si-ui's prior consent to have his dead body displayed. The fact Si-ui didn't have a family in Thailand to claim his body doesn't make it OK for his body to be displayed for public viewing. I don't think his executed body serves any purpose toward forensic medicine and displaying a body of an executed convict is something of a lynching mentality in my opinion.

Last I heard there's a lot of fungus growing on his body, turning it white.

If the posters are correct and this person is indeed a child-mudering cannibal, would the mods care to close this thread, unless the original poster has a bloody good reason for this filth.

I tend to agree with you.

What concerns me is that corkscrew has started this thread to draw attention to his avatar. He has not replied yet as to why.

when i was young , when i did something too stubborn..my uncle always say .."see oui ja ma gin tab" (see oui will eat your liver) i was really scared :D:D

Native mainland Chinaman Zee-Aui Sae-Ueng (Tuan Long) moved to Thailand to work in Rayong province. After his arrival there were several child murders. However, no one suspected Zee-Aui, who was considered just a goofy, middle-aged man who could barely speak Thai.

To them, he was friendly and harmless. But then, in January of 1958, another boy, last seen with Zee-Aui, went missing. The villagers broke into Zee-Aui's house and found the boy's dissected remains, along with Zee-Aui about to eat the boy's organs. The killer was immediately arrested and confessed his crimes.

from asian dvd movie.com

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

If the posters are correct and this person is indeed a child-mudering cannibal, would the mods care to close this thread, unless the original poster has a bloody good reason for this filth.

What concerns me is that corkscrew has started this thread to draw attention to his avatar. He has not replied yet as to why.

It IS a bit of a trollish post - just seeing who knows anything about the mummified murderer - but it IS educational, even if morbid.

Si Quey is on the fringe of Thailand's history. I was just curious to see how many of us (Thai forum members) knew about him. Probably only those people who have visited the Museum of Forensic Medicine....which is an interesting place to see, aside from glancing at Si Quey. By the way, some Thai mothers will say to their disobedient children "Be good or Si Quey will get you."

Edited by corkscrew

when i was  young , when i did something too stubborn..my uncle always say .."see oui ja ma gin tab" (see oui will eat your liver) i was really scared  :o  :D

Yes, heard si oui is a household name in Thailand, most famous serial killer of LOS. Do adults still say that to kids these days Bambina?

when i was  young , when i did something too stubborn..my uncle always say .."see oui ja ma gin tab" (see oui will eat your liver) i was really scared  :o  :D

Yes, heard si oui is a household name in Thailand, most famous serial killer of LOS. Do adults still say that to kids these days Bambina?

If you want to visit 'his' museum go to:

http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/misc/siquey.html

If you want to visit 'his' museum go to:

aka Songran Niyomsane Forensic Medicine Museum

Edited by corkscrew

when i was  young , when i did something too stubborn..my uncle always say .."see oui ja ma gin tab" (see oui will eat your liver) i was really scared  :D  :D

emmm.. i dont think so..maybe just my generation(+/- 10 yrs) :o:D

Bambi :D

when i was  young , when i did something too stubborn..my uncle always say .."see oui ja ma gin tab" (see oui will eat your liver) i was really scared  :D  :D

emmm.. i dont think so..maybe just my generation(+/- 10 yrs) :o:D

Bambi :D

Oldies then.... :D:D

totster :D