Bar Workers Protest In North Pattaya

Rimmer

Bar Workers Protest in North Pattaya

PATTAYA :-- Protest season continues here in Pattaya with a 6,000 strong demonstration which took place in North Pattaya on Friday. The protest, which closed off the Dolphin Roundabout the North Pattaya Road, and parts of Pattaya Second Road and Pattaya Beach Road, was organized by Khun Bundit, chairman of the Pattaya Bar Association. They are unhappy with the current bar opening times and restrictions imposed for bars outside of the main entertainment zone

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-12-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

They sure did, closed Dolphin Roundabout 4PM on a Friday afternoon. Made a right awful mess of traffic in North Pattaya.

Oh ! this means I narrowly escaped the mess, boarding my Bus to Ekkamai at 13.40 hrs on Friday ^_^

BTW, I am sure the vast majority of people living in Pattaya (be it Farang or Thai) certainly do NOT want extended opening hours of Bars, as this would make SLEEPING even harder

BTW, I am sure the vast majority of people living in Pattaya (be it Farang or Thai) certainly do NOT want extended opening hours of Bars, as this would make SLEEPING even harder

I agree...it's ok for selected entertainment zones, but certainly it should not be a free-for-all covering entire Pattaya! Not all tourists want to party till 5am, hence need to be careful about noise near hotels too. And even if they did want to party till 5am, they can be insulated from the rest of the residents in zoned areas...any place that bends over backwards for tourists only at the expense of the quality of life for its own residents will surely become unattractive in the long run. Of course, the authorities know how to zone...there is peace and quiet near certain "palaces".