Any Bars Open Tonight Selling Booze?

Lobin

Would like to know as well. Preferably somewhere that has attractions other than selling flesh.

Just this afternoon I saw a market selling flesh of all kinds... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meat_market.jpg

I've heard some bars are going to be open and many more won't be. All you can do is ride around and find the ones that will be open. A quick run down Loi Kroh road will tell you soon enough. If you aren't lucky then just go home and watch TV or play here in thaivisa.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with the girlie bars. The girls will leave you alone if you don't want to be bothered. it's only the excessively loud music that bothers me. My hearing is shot and I hate the yelling to make myself understood, or to try and hear what someone else has said.

There were a handful of bars open in the Loy Kroh road area. The ones that were open were busy, but not so noisy as usual. It was quite pleasant with the normally loud music turned down, and you could actually have a conversation. It points out that with less bars open there was better business for those that were open. Maybe that means there are too many bars in Chiang Mai and it splits the business so much that nobody can make a profit. I spent a few pleasant hours at the Zoom bar which is in the Muay Thai complex. There were about 1/4 the number of bars as are usually open. The local police probably picked up a bit of "tea money" from the bar owners who stayed open.

There were a handful of bars open in the Loy Kroh road area. The ones that were open were busy, but not so noisy as usual. It was quite pleasant with the normally loud music turned down, and you could actually have a conversation. It points out that with less bars open there was better business for those that were open. Maybe that means there are too many bars in Chiang Mai and it splits the business so much that nobody can make a profit. I spent a few pleasant hours at the Zoom bar which is in the Muay Thai complex. There were about 1/4 the number of bars as are usually open. The local police probably picked up a bit of "tea money" from the bar owners who stayed open.

This is the third year there has been no enforcement of closer and selling of alcohol on HM Birthday. No extra tea money required . Some bars decided to stay open and some bars decide to stay closed in honor and respect for HM. Sunday have always been a bit flaky for the bar seen, but I agree the wedding out of the weak venues would help the overall seen.

Went to dinner with friends last night at a "hi so" restaurant in the city. I took customary holiday precaution of lugging along a discreet thermos of firewater so as not to offend or dine dry. Management plainly thought we were out of our minds and pointed to the opened bottles sold all around the restaurant. Quite a change from a few years ago.

This is the third year there has been no enforcement of closer and selling of alcohol on HM Birthday. No extra tea money required . Some bars decided to stay open and some bars decide to stay closed in honor and respect for HM. Sunday have always been a bit flaky for the bar seen, but I agree the wedding out of the weak venues would help the overall seen.

A good set of suggestions from the posts so far here on TV. One of TV's strengths.

Always amazes me how the Thais don't understand that we need open bars and drinks always available. Do they not realise how many farang can't survive just one day without a drink. We are after all the guests and they should change to suit us :lol:

It's a pity there is nothing else to do here when the bars are closed. :rolleyes:

Edited by caf

A good set of suggestions from the posts so far here on TV. One of TV's strengths.

Always amazes me how the Thais don't understand that we need open bars and drinks always available. Do they not realise how many farang can't survive just one day without a drink. We are after all the guests and they should change to suit us :lol:

It's a pity there is nothing else to do here when the bars are closed. :rolleyes:

I just go to the local shop that the BIB own.:D

:lol: :lol:

I could post photos of other options of things to do, but it might get me banned. :D

Actually, I don't really drink that much anyway. It's just a form of socialization and no different than having a nice meal with friends. But, when you go out for a meal there seems to be this strange system in Thailand where everyone gets served at a different time. With a group of 10 people the first people served will be on their desert by the time the last of the group get their meal. :o:) .